R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #16
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I couldn't help but notice marks comment about parts support.

but my guess this is likely more about improving relations with a major distributor like horizon and/or having a company like Losi and its large stable of drivers who will be more in tune developing a 1/10 tire line.

In keeping this thread off topic, what is wrong with yearly releases with updates like xray does. does xray not offer the new parts separately, for those wanting to update their current ride? most racers pretty much have to get a new roller every year if they race/practice constantly. So the savings of buying a kit and purchasing the updates separately are lost on me.

Meanwhile I look very forward to buying a new mugen soon with over a $100 surcharge. (new chassis and springs).
johnny t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
From what I've heard they were saying august but that was just projected not actual release date

I understand but losi is still a top car. Just because a car is old doesn't mean it's bad or outdated . I don't see an update or a new car till at least next year at the earliest but I still think it will be later.. Like I said earlier losi just unloaded there rollers for cheap so the kits could come in. Losi isn't going to spend the money in getting the 2.0 kits together then in a few months have to unload those kits to make room for an updated kit or a 3.0

I was told September, and they flat out said that it will not be called a "3.0." Other than that, they dont know what they will call it (or at least havent decided). The only changes are the radio tray and front shock towers. New radio tray looks legit, although it seems to make the rear a bit loose. Looks interesting.

Re: the new mugen chassis... the shorter one still seems more dialed. See if you can try one before dropping some coin on it.
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruune View Post
I was told September, and they flat out said that it will not be called a "3.0." Other than that, they dont know what they will call it (or at least havent decided). The only changes are the radio tray and front shock towers. New radio tray looks legit, although it seems to make the rear a bit loose. Looks interesting.

Re: the new mugen chassis... the shorter one still seems more dialed. See if you can try one before dropping some coin on it.
If I may ask where are you getting your info from. There is no new tower.some guys ran the eu tower at Nats so they could keep there corner speed on the sweepers which was hard because of the high bite track.

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 03:24 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
They tested a new radio tray.since when does that mean a new car is coming out. IMO the radio tray will be an option part .maybe a running change but losi isn't xray,they dont release a new buggy just because one part was changed
Yeah instead they offer it as an option hop up, so they can stiff you for more $$.. That is so much better of them.
Old 06-15-2011, 03:48 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyM View Post
Yeah instead they offer it as an option hop up, so they can stiff you for more $$.. That is so much better of them.
Option part---hmm not required, better performing part = more money. I see nothing wrong with this. You dont see Ford selling you a Raptor for a F150 bare bones price do you?

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
Old 06-15-2011, 03:51 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
They tested a new radio tray.since when does that mean a new car is coming out. IMO the radio tray will be an option part .maybe a running change but losi isn't xray,they dont release a new buggy just because one part was changed
Look at how many 'upgrades' they have the team runs.
Aluminum inclined caster blocks-$100
Aluminum rear hub carriers-$50
Adjustable hinge pin braces-$40
Aluminum servo saver top-$20
Vented black shocks caps-$35
Quick change engine mount-$45

And the the new parts they are working on:
radio tray
steering system
changed height of caster blocks

This isn't including the titanium hinge pins, turnbuckles, carbon shock towers, and aluminum drive train parts some team guys run.

If you were to buy a kit, you would still need to purchase some options the team guys run. Now your $450 Losi turns into a $800 Losi. A out of the box kit is now 2 years outdated.

So if Losi came out with a new kit, more than 1 part would be changed.

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 04:05 PM   #22
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
Look at how many 'upgrades' they have the team runs.
Aluminum inclined caster blocks-$100
Aluminum rear hub carriers-$50
Adjustable hinge pin braces-$40
Aluminum servo saver top-$20
Vented black shocks caps-$35
Quick change engine mount-$45

And the the new parts they are working on:
radio tray
steering system
changed height of caster blocks

This isn't including the titanium hinge pins, turnbuckles, carbon shock towers, and aluminum drive train parts some team guys run.

If you were to buy a kit, you would still need to purchase some options the team guys run. Now your $450 Losi turns into a $800 Losi. A out of the box kit is now 2 years outdated.

So if Losi came out with a new kit, more than 1 part would be changed.
What do you mean if losi came out with a kit? They have one out. As far as the new parts you were talking about. The radio tray- new one is coming. Steering rack- maybe, the flaw in the original is the bushings wear, team and non team drivers have tested many different options, as far as i know they keep going back to the original. and the caster block height i knew nothing about so thats news to me IF its true. As far as your option parts they are OPTIONS, none are required. everything you listed is not required. the only thing i would highly recommend is the alum servo saver brace for durability. everything else is preference. again back to my previous post, your expecting raptor performance for the bare bones f150 price, or even evo performance out of a bare bones lancer price

im just like everyone else on here. I work a full time job, i pay for my rc cars myself. if i want a performance part i pay for it. I dont expect losi to give me the performance part for nothing

Old 06-15-2011, 05:47 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:

too late, already am running the new stuff. the longer chassis beats the shorty. especially outdoor. It fixes for myself some of the issues I had with the mugen before. Still would rather have an updated kit like xray does, and spend less.

losi would be smart to come out with a "2.1" version IMHO.
johnny t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
The only changes are the radio tray and front shock towers.
Not sure if you were at the Nats, but there was a lot more parts then just the tower and tray.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 08:23 PM   #25

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default mark

I just want to see his set-ups for the 2.0 buggy!!!!!
LOSIRACER77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 01:10 AM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77 View Post
I just want to see his set-ups for the 2.0 buggy!!!!!
I have seen pictures of his new bodies. Stock truggy body and EU buggy.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:57 AM   #27

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigedmond View Post
I have seen pictures of his new bodies. Stock truggy body and EU buggy.
I just hope that he can bring some big wins for losi, do u think that mark will bring aka tires to losi in the future? I hope losi will post his buggy setups!!!!!!!
LOSIRACER77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jnc011994
Default Question:

will all these discussions on the 2.0 to 3.0. I would like to ask "your" opinions on what should/would need to be changed on the 2.0?

Maybe Mark Pavidis is reading this and our inputs on what we wanted to changed on the 2.0 maybe incorporated in their 2.0, 2.5 or 3.0.

I for one don't want/need any changes on the 2.0. Only my driving need to be improved I was previously using a Kyosho Inferno US Sports RTR (my first car) and almost spend a NEW MP9 to have it "competitive". But i really do like the plastic of kyosho. After all my kyosho upgrade i think only that plastic hasn't been changed.

Futaba 3PMX-2.4GHz. Futaba R603FS, Futaba BLS Servos
jnc011994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 03:08 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Easier front rear diff access is what I would like to see. Something like the Durango has.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:31 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

2012 losi will have new update buggy no questions asked. it may still be called 2.0 but it will for sure have more then just a radio tray change. And they are testing parts but normally when they test parts its only 1 or 2 drivers not pretty much all of them. Losi has had the 2.0 for couple years now id say the kit is due. Car may not need anything but its going to get it everyone wants it.