R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-14-2011, 10:55 AM   #16
Tech Regular

If my girlfriend came home with a gift like that my first thought would be "what did you do now". But yea if theres nothing behind that gift then Im happy for you
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Congrats on the new rc! But personally I can think of about a dozen things I would like The G/F to come home with and a new rc does not make the top 12!!!LOL Don't get me wrong it was very thoughtful but to get the title of WORLDS GREATEST G/F she needs to bring a little more to the table than a 1/5th scale IMO
AbsoluteHobbyz VP-PRO
THE PHILLY JYNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX View Post
Congrats on the new rc! But personally I can think of about a dozen things I would like The G/F to come home with and a new rc does not make the top 12!!!LOL Don't get me wrong it was very thoughtful but to get the title of WORLDS GREATEST G/F she needs to bring a little more to the table than a 1/5th scale IMO
lol..i wasnt gonna say it..5th scale..! what a waste of money! return that sucker and get a 8th scale buggy with a kickass 21! but the thought was nice and good luck to u both.
nitronutzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #19
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to revoracer10

lol funny turn of events
Old 06-14-2011, 02:14 PM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to Ruune Send a message via AIM to Ruune Send a message via Yahoo to Ruune

Quote:
mmm that would be an interesting list. I think "Victoria's Secret" and "Model" would be factored in there somehow.
Ruune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
I can't list the rest, but basically in our relationship we're never left unsatisfied, plus she keeps my house immaculate, works, goes to college, and cooks like a pro.

[QOUTE]
lol..i wasnt gonna say it..5th scale..! what a waste of money! return that sucker and get a 8th scale buggy with a kickass 21! but the thought was nice and good luck to u both.[/QUOTE]

TBH.. I hate buggies, always have. I have a 1/8 warhead evo that is well far from stock. A 1/10 slash brushless.. again far from stock. 1/10 RS4 3+ Evo, 1/12 Mini Trophy Brushless, and soon to add another to the garage just not sure which. All of which have been aquired in the last 2 months. I got out of R/C about 10 years ago and decided to go in head first. She supports my hobby through and through and never once says a thing about the cost of it. Her theory is, if I'm tinkering with R/C I wont tinker with either of my BMW's, which are far more expensive to "hop-up".

I'm a tech for the local Toyota dealer, what I've learned there has actually helped a lot with how I play. I just wish there was a track within 50 miles I could race at. According to the LHS he orders between 2500-3000 a week in just parts and accessories for R/C Cars/Trucks. So now I'm on the hunt for a few acres of land to buy and build a damn track for us locals who have no where else to go. The Parks and Rec dept here keep getting upset with me tearing up their baseball fields
Sstroudwku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:24 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to rc_in_mexico Send a message via Yahoo to rc_in_mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sstroudwku View Post
Have you tried getting her a little basher? At first my g/f wasnt thrilled about it. But we started spending time doing it together and now she loves it. We typically walk a 1.5mile gravel trail with our toys and a pocket of packs. Usually we go through 2 5000mah 2s lipos and 6 3000mah nimhs during the walk. Just a suggestion.

As for cops not making any money, it's true. But I never wanted to do it for the cash. Our city cops start @ 37k plus they're paid OT. A buddy of mine on the force clears about 1400/bi weekly. But me turning a wrench is a bit more. Helps I work for a dealership too.

Heck were slow today and it's raining, she just showed up with my slash so I could play in the parking lot.
Nice. Don't lose her. And for the job I think Ill follow your shoes as far as working for a dealership. My grandfather says I'm an idiot for wanting to be a mechanic. He says he'll leave me most of his farm and cattle if I work for him but it just isn't my thing, neither is an office job.
rc_in_mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

No track..no wonder u hate buggies..those high performance machines were made to bash...so I can completely understand. U would think there'd some tracks there since BG is fairly big city..too bad.

If you are ever in Louisville check out our world class track at SRIRACEway.COM

http://youtu.be/hi9BXhJorfA
nitronutzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well to throw my story in also...my wife has suprised me several time. First time she bought me a T-Maxx out of the blue, then she snuck and bought me a Jammin X1 buggy while I was in the same shop, then I came home from work 1 day with a REVO Platinum laying on my side of the bed. Then recently she bought me a new 6T and told me to order everything I needed to keep it running but she did set a limit...so I know what it means to have a rocking G/F or wife.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:29 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyc1127 View Post
well to throw my story in also...my wife has suprised me several time. First time she bought me a T-Maxx out of the blue, then she snuck and bought me a Jammin X1 buggy while I was in the same shop, then I came home from work 1 day with a REVO Platinum laying on my side of the bed. Then recently she bought me a new 6T and told me to order everything I needed to keep it running but she did set a limit...so I know what it means to have a rocking G/F or wife.
that is awesome. I'm glad to hear another person with a similar story and similar luck with women. We took the slash and her stadium down to the skate park today. Had a blast, however, she blew her transmission up.
Old 06-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #26
Tech Adept

She did it again with a greg Adler edition slash 4x4.....
Old 06-18-2011, 07:56 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

Congratualtions on your new 'toys', and even more congratulations on having such a keeper of a girlfriend. My girlfriend is into the hobby too. She loves 1/8 scale nitro buggies and truggies. It's always good to see supportive 'better halves' .
McWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 09:13 AM   #28
Tech Adept

My GF is not that into RC. I'm trying hard to push her closer by bringing her to the track and letting her test my electric buggy (with throttle epa at 70% ).

She did give me a Graupner Ultra Duo 50 for my birthday (which is AWESOME!) but other than that She's not really interested.

She was, however, the one that chose the bigger more expensive speaker of the ones I had picked out, and that one took me completly by surprise.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:03 PM   #29
Tech Adept

We need more good looking girls in R/C. I'll make sure she's ok with it before I post up a pic of my girl. She's a little shy . I love the Slash it's just a sweet ride.
Old 06-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #30
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to skipnay

It does help if your wife/gf likes the sport as much as you or helps you support your habits!!!
skipnay is offline   Reply With Quote