Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
active powersports? >

active powersports?

active powersports?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default active powersports?

Anybody here ever shop there? Never heard of them, but they have some things i need that no one else has.

Says they ship from 12 wharehouses.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

I ordered something from them, or another place online, the order sat for a while, received an e-mail saying the item was out of stock asking me if I wanted to wait or have a refund issued, received the refund. Or I ordered something from this place and received it fine, price was low. I think this place is OK.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
Anybody here ever shop there? Never heard of them, but they have some things i need that no one else has.

Says they ship from 12 wharehouses.
What Stuff you need Dreaux? I would think GS Hobby would have it in Stock i use them all the time for my mugen parts and they have all most all the Mugen parts in stock and they are right in Arkansas so you will have what ever parts you need in just a few days.
Old 04-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesse Robbers
I ordered something from them, or another place online, the order sat for a while, received an e-mail saying the item was out of stock asking me if I wanted to wait or have a refund issued, received the refund. Or I ordered something from this place and received it fine, price was low. I think this place is OK.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Tech Rookie

...just wanted to share my experience with them.

I ordered a body on 4/16/11 from them and they replied with an email almost immediately. It was on backorder and they asked if I wanted to cancel. I told them to go ahead and let it ride.

I ordered a few more things from them on 5/1/11 and I got the same type of response. I went ahead and let the order stay open.

They will charge you immediately - backordered or not.

I inquired a couple times about the backorder status and they emailed back within the same day. The last time, they said that some of the items would be there on Friday 5/13/11 and they would ship them out that day. May 13th came and went with no shipment...

This past Monday, 5/16 I emailed again to cancel and refund the orders I had placed. I got no response at all. I got worried since they had always responded the same day.

I emailed again today, 5/17 and asked to cancel and refund my orders again. I mentioned how they normally respond very promtly, but when I asked for a refund I got no response. I told them I thought that was a bad sign.

I then received an email pretty quickly saying that two of the 4 things I ordered could ship out today and I will receive them tomorrow (I live in San Diego, where they are based).

Presently, my account has been updated and I have been refunded for all but the two parts that (supposedly) actually shipped today. Hopefully they arrive.

At least they are communicative. The do have really low prices, but I assume they have to deal with many distributors and don't have much, if anything actually in stock. Apparently they have 10+ warehouses which I personally believe are merely wholesale distribution centers.

So guys and gals, take that for what it's worth. Sometimes it's better to pay a few dollars more for items that are actually in stock elsewhere. I hope they can get their stuff together. Since they're local to me they said I could pick up from them and not pay shipping. Of course, they'd have to get the items in the first place.
Old 05-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Tech Prophet

dreaux: order, from gs hobby the service and prices are pretty good the only problem i ever had was when the owner went on vacation or something like that and my things where sitting around but he did email me and said sorry and canceled the order after that its been going good i get my things right on time or earier !

also bluegrass hobbies the best prices anywhere and service !
Old 06-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

By far Bluegrasshobbies.com is the absolute cheapest online, or any hobby shop I have ever dealt with. Todd is a one man show and runs the hobby shop via internet and locally.

When I helped in hobby shops I became aware of the dealer cost and what the mark up was. I then took that information and did a comparison between the big names, Amain, Tower, Gs, etc... and saw what their mark-ups were. None of them were even as close to where Todd's mark up is.

Being a small shop and a one man show, Todd does his best to keep parts in stock. I personally send Todd a list of what I need, he orders it by Sunday nights if he doesnt have it, the parts are typically in by Wed, shipped, and to my door by Friday / Saturday.

Stand-up shop and stand-up guy!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rockthebeef
...just wanted to share my experience with them.

I ordered a body on 4/16/11 from them and they replied with an email almost immediately. It was on backorder and they asked if I wanted to cancel. I told them to go ahead and let it ride.

I ordered a few more things from them on 5/1/11 and I got the same type of response. I went ahead and let the order stay open.

They will charge you immediately - backordered or not.

I inquired a couple times about the backorder status and they emailed back within the same day. The last time, they said that some of the items would be there on Friday 5/13/11 and they would ship them out that day. May 13th came and went with no shipment...

This past Monday, 5/16 I emailed again to cancel and refund the orders I had placed. I got no response at all. I got worried since they had always responded the same day.

I emailed again today, 5/17 and asked to cancel and refund my orders again. I mentioned how they normally respond very promtly, but when I asked for a refund I got no response. I told them I thought that was a bad sign.

I then received an email pretty quickly saying that two of the 4 things I ordered could ship out today and I will receive them tomorrow (I live in San Diego, where they are based).

Presently, my account has been updated and I have been refunded for all but the two parts that (supposedly) actually shipped today. Hopefully they arrive.

At least they are communicative. The do have really low prices, but I assume they have to deal with many distributors and don't have much, if anything actually in stock. Apparently they have 10+ warehouses which I personally believe are merely wholesale distribution centers.

So guys and gals, take that for what it's worth. Sometimes it's better to pay a few dollars more for items that are actually in stock elsewhere. I hope they can get their stuff together. Since they're local to me they said I could pick up from them and not pay shipping. Of course, they'd have to get the items in the first place.
Same thing happened to me. They do respond right away tho. The are located in Escondido which is 30 minutes away from me (Ramona). I have an order right now that has some shipped and the rest back ordered. I let it ride and wait. There prices are hands down the lowest I have seen and they have many, many parts to choose from. So far I am happy with them.