Community
Wiki Posts
Search

driving an old car need help picking a new 1

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default driving an old car need help picking a new 1

I've been racing a Jammin x1 for about 5 years now. I've been dedicated to this car 4 it's durability performance and my supply of parts for serious racing . but as this car is now obsolete ,and nearly impossible to find parts for ,I need to get into a new car . I'm looking for durability cost efficiency and performance ,probably in that order ,lol. I would really like some feedback from any serious racers who have driven the ofna hyper 9 2.0 and or the hyperstar, as I'm kinda stuck on knowing ofna and their inventory. the only thing here is that I understand my car had a different manufacturer than the hypers , Hong Nor vs. Ho Bao. with all the choices of new cars and manufacturers out there , I have obviously look into the losis to the JQ, and everything in between . they are all very expensive once the hop up parts are added . so anyone please feel free to give me any advice on any other cars and the reasons why , but most importantly , I'd like the advice of a real talented racer on the 2 hyper cars I spoke of. would I be happy with how competitive these cars are compared to the Jammin X1, and importantly the durability . my old car is a tank as you know and I believe that to be the 1 of the most redeeming qualities . but now I want to be able to drive a car more aggressively on power ,and it seems almost all the new cars can .I guess that's a mouthful but thank you and I appreciate any feedback .
Old 06-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mattvictor
I've been racing a Jammin x1 for about 5 years now. I've been dedicated to this car 4 it's durability performance and my supply of parts for serious racing . but as this car is now obsolete ,and nearly impossible to find parts for ,I need to get into a new car . I'm looking for durability cost efficiency and performance ,probably in that order ,lol. I would really like some feedback from any serious racers who have driven the ofna hyper 9 2.0 and or the hyperstar, as I'm kinda stuck on knowing ofna and their inventory. the only thing here is that I understand my car had a different manufacturer than the hypers , Hong Nor vs. Ho Bao. with all the choices of new cars and manufacturers out there , I have obviously look into the losis to the JQ, and everything in between . they are all very expensive once the hop up parts are added . so anyone please feel free to give me any advice on any other cars and the reasons why , but most importantly , I'd like the advice of a real talented racer on the 2 hyper cars I spoke of. would I be happy with how competitive these cars are compared to the Jammin X1, and importantly the durability . my old car is a tank as you know and I believe that to be the 1 of the most redeeming qualities . but now I want to be able to drive a car more aggressively on power ,and it seems almost all the new cars can .I guess that's a mouthful but thank you and I appreciate any feedback .
I have an x1cr i may comsider selling if your interested. Hardly used at all and is mosty all there. I think the last race i done i lost somthing to do with steering and shelfed it since. This buggy really means somthing to me but if someone can put it to good use and price is right it can be sold. I know this isnt ur question but if you want to keep with the jammin buggy then i have one with lil wear. I loved the buggy just got somthin diffrent and never sold it because it was my first 1/8 but im willing to part with it if someone can put it to use.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Tech Rookie

if you come across a manual would you mind telling me what broken please ? otherwise is it a complete roller ? are there any upgrade parts or extra parts ;backup stuff . and the real question how much money are you looking for ? thanks I just need to make it last this summer ,but no guarantee .I still might have to get into another car .remember even your whole roller means only 1 spare part per part. if it doesn't work out I appreciate the response god bless you .
Old 06-10-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mattvictor
if you come across a manual would you mind telling me what broken please ? otherwise is it a complete roller ? are there any upgrade parts or extra parts ;backup stuff . and the real question how much money are you looking for ? thanks I just need to make it last this summer ,but no guarantee .I still might have to get into another car .remember even your whole roller means only 1 spare part per part. if it doesn't work out I appreciate the response god bless you .
Actually i went in my garage and grabed it just now and noticed its all there. Now that i look at it i see what had happen. I some how broke the shock mount on top but just the screw. I replaced it but i dont think it will hold. Also where tower is on shock mounting holes seemed to crack just a hair but nothinh to be real conserned. Also when i mentioned steering the main cause was my steerinc ackerman the top nut part if you look at urs the large looking nut with a washer under it i lost washer but put on a diffrent one and seems fine. As far as upgrades its decked out with aluminum chassis braces, carbon top plate, carbon battery tracy brace for servos, big bore shocks not the chinsy lil ones. As far as chassis on wear it only looks as if i raced it 2 times barely and wear but when i got the car new from the owner he stripped alot of screws which i had to dremel out and now there are a bit of cuts in chassis but nothing to hurt strength. Also idk if this is a upgrade but theres a metal bar by engine mount on chassis looks as a stiffener to bracing pretection. Other then that its all there but the servo mount tabs. The plastic under pieces for servos. Idk exactly parting price yet but im sure low 100's shipped will be my asking. Its all there basically add engine, electronics and off it goes. DUSTY THOUGH! Oh yeah and no body because if i do sell body stays for memories. Not trying to sound bed lol but i love this buggy but hate to see it sit. As for spares i sold a long time ago because car was a shelf queen and had no use for them.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

U cant go wrong with Kyosho or Xray XDDD
Old 06-10-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Do yourself a favor and stay away from anything ofna/Jammin. You hardly ever see those cars anymore at a competitive racing level.

I would go with a Mugen, losi, RC8B. All three are great cars and have great parts support. They are all around 500 dollars for a new kit, always easy to find any of these three used too!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pl_unc86
Do yourself a favor and stay away from anything ofna/Jammin. You hardly ever see those cars anymore at a competitive racing level.

I would go with a Mugen, losi, RC8B. All three are great cars and have great parts support. They are all around 500 dollars for a new kit, always easy to find any of these three used too!
your funny. Do you know a guy named Jeremy Kortz? He races the ofna cars and is a worlds competitior. How is ofna and jammin not good? Also there are many people and spnsored drivers racing the jammin and ofna branded cars here in California. Everytime theres a big race here the turn out on ofna is very high. You may not notice the cars much at local tracks but here in cali there every where. Now i agree the jammins aren't really popular no more but the buggy is still very good and nimble. Just go look at how ofna does on competitive levels before saying there not. Kortz is really there only big driver now that Bradley has left and Kortz does real well. To be exact Jeremt Korts qualed 7th in ifmar worlds a main and finished 6th. Thats pretty darn good.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
your funny. Do you know a guy named Jeremy Kortz? He races the ofna cars and is a worlds competitior. How is ofna and jammin not good? Also there are many people and spnsored drivers racing the jammin and ofna branded cars here in California. Everytime theres a big race here the turn out on ofna is very high. You may not notice the cars much at local tracks but here in cali there every where. Now i agree the jammins aren't really popular no more but the buggy is still very good and nimble. Just go look at how ofna does on competitive levels before saying there not. Kortz is really there only big driver now that Bradley has left and Kortz does real well.
+1, hobao(or however you spell it.)
Old 06-10-2011, 02:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by xboxandrcdude
+1, hobao(or however you spell it.)
LOL Hobao, ofna, hong nor, jammin. lol all pretty similar. I think Kortz used a Hobao Hyper 9!
Old 06-10-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
LOL Hobao, ofna, hong nor, jammin. lol all pretty similar. I think Kortz used a Hobao Hyper 9!
Why are there so many different brand names but are all mainly from OFNA ???

Hobao for europe

Jammin for the US

and Hong nor for the Asian ?????? XDDDDDD
Old 06-10-2011, 02:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by B-ray95
Why are there so many different brand names but are all mainly from OFNA ???

Hobao for europe

Jammin for the US

and Hong nor for the Asian ?????? XDDDDDD

they were all once a big group but jammin jay the designer of the jammin race 1/8 cars split from hong nor.

in which separated the brands. hobao is now for USA and UK and Hong nor, as far im aware of, they may of even split too.

bit of a shame really as jammin jay was a cool guy
Old 06-10-2011, 02:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xboxandrcdude
they were all once a big group but jammin jay the designer of the jammin race 1/8 cars split from hong nor.

in which separated the brands. hobao is now for USA and UK and Hong nor, as far im aware of, they may of even split too.

bit of a shame really as jammin jay was a cool guy
+1 I think its far better having more Brands in the field I like to see different Brands in the Main not Always the same cars : Associated ,Kyosho,Mugen,Losi,hotbodies ect.....
Old 06-10-2011, 02:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by B-ray95
+1 I think its far better having more Brands in the field I like to see different Brands in the Main not Always the same cars : Associated ,Kyosho,Mugen,Losi,hotbodies ect.....
yeah but nobody can do anything about it because the companys with the most money will pay the best drivers to drive the cars you mentioned, unless someone like amain and traxxas etc made a good car and dug deep to get cars out there. but doubt it will happen

but its always been like that.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yes I'm aware of Mr kortz lol..I'm speaking on the level that actually matters. People would be driving them like crazy if they were such amazing cars...kortz gets paid and has the time and resources to work on making his car great for him! Don't blame companies having lots of money as the reason it doesn't get the attention it deserves. Funny how you race Mugen...
Old 06-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pl_unc86
Yes I'm aware of Mr kortz lol..I'm speaking on the level that actually matters. People would be driving them like crazy if they were such amazing cars...kortz gets paid and has the time and resources to work on making his car great for him! Don't blame companies having lots of money as the reason it doesn't get the attention it deserves. Funny how you race Mugen...
Does it matter what i race? Yes i prefer Mugen but the Hyper line and original jammin cars are great. Also yes Kortz gets paied but im sure by now his upgrades are buyable. Its no like hes running a secret car. Also i see alot of amature level drivers racing the ofna. When i say Kortz im speaking of one guy. At Revelation a few weeks ago i must of seen atleast 10-15 Ofna branded cars from the Hyper to the new Hyper star. All very long time ofna fans. It dont matter what Kortz gets paied because im sure other comanies will pick him up but hes comfertable and safe where he is. His buggy isnt made of no stronger materials then the stock kit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.