Wiki Posts
Search

HB D8 parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default HB D8 parts

I was wondering if anyone knows if the universals from say like a Kyosho MP9 would work in place of the Hot Bodies D8 cvd's? Or other parts like that from other buggies that would work but would be more durable in the long run. Does anyone know the size of the bearings that the mp9 use?
Old 06-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by madac
I was wondering if anyone knows if the universals from say like a Kyosho MP9 would work in place of the Hot Bodies D8 cvd's? Or other parts like that from other buggies that would work but would be more durable in the long run. Does anyone know the size of the bearings that the mp9 use?
If you worried about bearings why not just buy like avid, tko or somthing? As far as making stugg fit i think the kyosho mp777 cvds work but not 100%. But honestly if the hb ones are maintained they last just as long. If you want better pin holder for the centers that connect to the drive gear from the bevel look at tekno.
Old 06-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
If you worried about bearings why not just buy like avid, tko or somthing? As far as making stugg fit i think the kyosho mp777 cvds work but not 100%. But honestly if the hb ones are maintained they last just as long. If you want better pin holder for the centers that connect to the drive gear from the bevel look at tekno.
+1 just as i would have said
Old 06-09-2011, 03:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It's not that the cvd's are wearing out all that quick but I heard that universals are overall more suitable and more durable than the cvd's. I just figured if I end up spending to much money on the cvd's I would go to a better solution. I just wanted to see if anyone else has used different parts from different vehicle like aluminum hubs and such that are readily available. I don't like the option hubs with the link on the top and the hara edition ones aren't available to the public unless you want to buy them on ebay. I see that some guys use mugen pins and such but was mainly wondering about the universals.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Stock D8 CVD's, greased and booted. Last a very long time.

Old 06-09-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

My buddy is still running the original alum hubs with no problems. King headz makes some rears that are like the plastic ones. Ebay is your friend if you want the newer style. For the cvds like said before boot and grease. Also get the cvd rebuild kit as the cross pin is notched which will keep them from slipping out I learned that first hand lol