Community
Wiki Posts
Search

who stickin it out with o donnell?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

This ship is sinking fast....commendable of you fellas' to man the life rafts....
Old 06-17-2011, 08:08 PM
SDR
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'll stick with them as long as my parts can hold out. I picked up a mint Z01T from the O'Donnell driver at my club. He's switching and made me a hell of a deal on the Truggy and all his parts to get me back into racing again. Then I placed a huge order through Tower for dirt cheap when they started the clear out. And as of 10 minutes ago, I won a new Z01T complete unopened kit on eBay for $200. So, after its all said and done, I know have 3 COMPLETE truggy's worth of parts, bunch of odds and ends, and all for less than what you can buy a Losi 8ight T 2.0. Laugh if you want to, but I'm sitting pretty on parts for quite a long time.

I don't plan on going pro, and don't have the money to do this full time and travel. So, I'm doing the best that I can to support the club and my local hobby shops and trying to keep this sport going on the local level.

That's my opinion - gonna go get my flame suit on now for the haters...
Old 06-17-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SDR
I'll stick with them as long as my parts can hold out. I picked up a mint Z01T from the O'Donnell driver at my club. He's switching and made me a hell of a deal on the Truggy and all his parts to get me back into racing again. Then I placed a huge order through Tower for dirt cheap when they started the clear out. And as of 10 minutes ago, I won a new Z01T complete unopened kit on eBay for $200. So, after its all said and done, I know have 3 COMPLETE truggy's worth of parts, bunch of odds and ends, and all for less than what you can buy a Losi 8ight T 2.0. Laugh if you want to, but I'm sitting pretty on parts for quite a long time.

I don't plan on going pro, and don't have the money to do this full time and travel. So, I'm doing the best that I can to support the club and my local hobby shops and trying to keep this sport going on the local level.

That's my opinion - gonna go get my flame suit on now for the haters...
I think you made a good choice to be honest.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AETRUGGYMAN
you saying it to me
No. Lol.
Old 06-17-2011, 08:39 PM
SDR
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
I think you made a good choice to be honest.
Thanks DL.

I forgot to mention that the truggy from the driver came with an O.S. VZB V-Spec .21 with pipe too as part of the heck of a deal! I gotta say I really like this V-Spec... its my first O.S. motor and so far I'm really impressed with it. Looking forward to seeing how it holds up throughout the year with tuning and run time. He told me he got between 11 and 12 mins per tank, so far I gotta believe him.

Last edited by SDR; 06-17-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SDR
Thanks DL.

I forgot to mention that the truggy from the driver came with an O.S. VZB V-Spec .21 with pipe too as part of the heck of a deal! I gotta say I really like this V-Spec... its my first O.S. motor and so far I'm really impressed with it. Looking forward to seeing how it holds up throughout the year with tuning and run time. He told me he got between 11 and 12 mins per tank, so far I gotta believe him.
Probably one of the greatest most stable motors of all time!
Old 06-18-2011, 03:43 AM
SDR
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Probably one of the greatest most stable motors of all time!
Anybody have a recommendation for a pipe for low- to mid-range torque? It's got a high rpm pipe on it now because that was his driving style, and it suited him. Me I'm more of an off throttle corner driver and punch the throttle at the apex on exit and on a technical track with short runways, I need the quicker grunt for me.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

A good bottom end pipe would be an re-10. It has a lot of low end grunt and is about $65 brand new.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Losi RE11, it's the same as a OS2050 only cheaper. You will loose some runtime most likely however.

Nice score on the cars. It's still a good piece of kit, and that bunch should keep you running a long time.
Old 06-18-2011, 04:34 AM
SDR
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by neobart
Losi RE11, it's the same as a OS2050 only cheaper. You will loose some runtime most likely however.

Nice score on the cars. It's still a good piece of kit, and that bunch should keep you running a long time.
Ok cool. Wonder how much run time I'll lose. We run 10 minute mains at our track. Guess I need tO get a couple of the truggy guys to run with me on a practice night and we'll time it and see how much time I'm getting with me driving. Run it with the current setup and see then see if I can "borrow" a 2050 or RE11 from one of the guys and try it that way.

Right now it has the AE equivalent of the 2060.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SDR
Anybody have a recommendation for a pipe for low- to mid-range torque? It's got a high rpm pipe on it now because that was his driving style, and it suited him. Me I'm more of an off throttle corner driver and punch the throttle at the apex on exit and on a technical track with short runways, I need the quicker grunt for me.
If you want bottom end grunt with a v-spec a dynamite 053 is a much better choice. That's what I ran in truggy. I prefered the re-11 in buggy.

I hope the odonnell thing works out for you guys, I still think that car had the best materials of any brand. Thing wore like iron. But I would be very surprised if odonnell came back with a racing chassis. I would care to guess that any tooling or molds in dispute are sitting in a very "damp" corner of the factory right now. Whichever shape they ultimately come back to In steve's possession the design at that point just may be kinda dated in regards to the competition.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SDR
Ok cool. Wonder how much run time I'll lose. We run 10 minute mains at our track. Guess I need tO get a couple of the truggy guys to run with me on a practice night and we'll time it and see how much time I'm getting with me driving. Run it with the current setup and see then see if I can "borrow" a 2050 or RE11 from one of the guys and try it that way.

Right now it has the AE equivalent of the 2060.
In that case I'm almost sure the pipe you have is the better choice. I believe it's the same as a Thunder tiger 2035, great pipe.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:48 AM
SDR
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by neobart
In that case I'm almost sure the pipe you have is the better choice. I believe it's the same as a Thunder tiger 2035, great pipe.
Lol, by default you just told me I need to learn how to drive my truggy. I'll look and double check the part number of the pipe when I get home. I've got plenty to gearing options too, could always trying gearing down a tiny bit and try it.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i hear more and more people in need of parts i am about ready to jump ship on this one .......i have 2 sg 2 zo1t 1 zo1b converted to a sg and a slew of parts a lot of parts ........or should i tough it out and wait what happens........but if they don t come back ill have piles of garbage worth nothin but .... oh s**** what to do .....i hate this
Old 06-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnny t
If you want bottom end grunt with a v-spec a dynamite 053 is a much better choice. That's what I ran in truggy. I prefered the re-11 in buggy.

I hope the odonnell thing works out for you guys, I still think that car had the best materials of any brand. Thing wore like iron. But I would be very surprised if odonnell came back with a racing chassis. I would care to guess that any tooling or molds in dispute are sitting in a very "damp" corner of the factory right now. Whichever shape they ultimately come back to In steve's possession the design at that point just may be kinda dated in regards to the competition.
053 makes the engine WAY to smooth...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.