R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-06-2011, 05:27 AM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default The new Axial .21RR-1

Hello everyone. I've been reading the threads and posts on the new Axial .21 RR-1. Just finished breaking one in for my Losi 8ight 2.0 Buggy. I'll be racing with this engine in the Sportsman class at the Alabama Manufacturer's Shootout 2011 in Cullman, AL. So far I have been very impressed with this engine. It starts every time and I've had no problems. The mill was pretty tight but I've run about a gallon of fuel through it and my starter belt and wheel are in great shape and there is no need to replace them for the race, just taking extras. I could not get any opinions on pipes so I chose mine based on the traditional Axial application... They make mostly truck engines so they know power and torque... It's a 7 port but it has good bottom end. I chose a REEDY EFRA 2039 pipe... Lots of power all over. I love the smooth acceleration and power for the tight turns and jumps with short runways. This engine loves the long straights and gets up to speed and rpm's quickly. As far as the fit in my buggy, exact... It is almost as if they planned the bolt-in for my buggy. Another thing I've experienced with this engine is extended glow plug life; using O'Donnell medium turbo plugs. A gallon through break-in... (1) plug, and it's still in there; started it this morning just for fun. It started right up. The newest version found at Amainhobbies.com comes standard with a turbo button. Now keeping in mind that I have only run a gallon through this engine... It may develop problems or other characteristics which I am not aware of. A demanding race like AMS 2011 will tell all. I'll post some results from the race.
smokin' joe is offline   Reply With Quote