R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-13-2011, 04:43 PM   #46
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin57 View Post
The rc8t was built using the st-rr and both Ryan M and Ryan C probably won more races using the RR than they have with the rc8t
do I know you? I want to know you so i can buy you a beer
pitpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 05:36 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Also every post about the updated rc8 says it "copies" the MP9.... That is from the AE fanboys too. Didn't the ST-RR TQ the 2011 nats, Win both Semi's at the same Nats and win the 2010 title? Sounds like the truck is able to compete.
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:20 PM   #48
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Zach Phillips

Everyone complaining about the hinge pins and e-clips

keep in mind this is not the production car...
Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Phillips View Post
Everyone complaining about the hinge pins and e-clips

keep in mind this is not the production car...
+1 - good point, I was thinking about that today. I'm just really impatient and want the new Kyosho truggy now lol.
Old 06-13-2011, 10:16 PM   #50
Tech Master

the outer pins are captured/screw style
Old 06-13-2011, 10:22 PM   #51
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

i will jus about guarantee that when production kits are released the hinge pins will be captured as the mp-9 is jus sayin
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 11:13 PM   #52
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
do I know you? I want to know you so i can buy you a beer
Paul, man i have been saying that for 2 years. Hell at a JBRL race when i still ran AE, a friend of mine put my spare RC8T arms on his truggy. It was funky with the shock risers, but it worked.
Bigedmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:08 AM   #53
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
hey look mom, it's one of those two bit flame artists that know I can't speak my mind about the stuff they regurgitated...
Im not flaming anyone. Neither am I saying any one car is better than any other. Thats my point actualy cause it seems like everywhere I see Kyosho drivers they are hardcore fanboys that got into their heads that Kyosho is so far superior to everything else in the RC world that everything that doesnt say Kyosho on it is garbage.
Getting really tired of that attitude.
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 02:54 PM   #54
Tech Master

Kyosho is so far superior to everything else in the RC world and everything else is garbage... jk!
Old 06-14-2011, 04:06 PM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
Im not flaming anyone. Neither am I saying any one car is better than any other. Thats my point actualy cause it seems like everywhere I see Kyosho drivers they are hardcore fanboys that got into their heads that Kyosho is so far superior to everything else in the RC world that everything that doesnt say Kyosho on it is garbage.
Getting really tired of that attitude.
are you a team driver for Serpent?
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 04:35 PM   #56
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Williams View Post
are you a team driver for Serpent?
Nope, which makes me able to drive whatever car I feel like driving. Which is why Ive run a large number of brands over the years.
Right now Im fairly set on Serpent. Mainly cause I like the company and I like their attitude towards producing cars and racing them. Its a personal thing really. If I hadnt been driving Serpent or if it turns out after the season ends that Its not the car for me then Im leaning towards either a Kyosho or a Losi. So its not that I dont like the car.

Ive been racing since 1998 though, and most of those years Ive been driving Kyosho. I know that Kyosho makes awesome cars and very often they are revolutionary when new models are released.
I know that they have excellent parts fit, I know that they have excellent parts quality and I know that they do perform.
I am slightly annoyed over the ST-RR though and I know that Im not alone. The ST-RR is as you know based on the MP777, which is a really really old car. I cant see any reason at all why they cant make a truggy version of the MP9. Cause if most other companies can, why cant Kyosho? Is the driveline of the MP9 not strong and robust enough for a truggy? I really doubt that.
And to justify it by saying "well its winning isnt it?" the MP777 also won the worlds so why release the MP9, the MP777 was winning aswell wasnt it?
Theres always room for improvement. Besides its not only about performance. Id like to see the MP9s radiotray on the truggy aswell for example.

So yea there you have it. As I stated earlier. No other brand on the planet, has teamdrivers that are so sensitive to anyone saying ANYTHING negative towards their brand. Thats jolly nice and all but its a bit fake not being able to admit that not everything with Kyosho is perfect, cause it just isnt. Its been annoying me ever since I stopped driving Kyosho so excuse me if I came out a bit harsh (which I dont really think I did).
But dont call me a troll because my opinions differ from yours.
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 05:30 PM   #57
Tech Master

Kyosho is not perfect, but you are a troll... lol just kidding man!
Old 06-14-2011, 09:26 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Every brand has it loyalist not just Kyosho. I remember the discussions last year after the Nats and the ST-RR had been the winning kit. That it was in fact Tebo and his ability not the truggy that won. Because the truggy is an old design (in terms of what it is based off of) it could not have been a factor in Tebo winning. When one brand wins that is not our brand then we say it is the driver that won the event....when it is a brand we like or follow then we say it is the kit. Been that way since I started racing in 1989.
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:01 AM   #59
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Werner View Post
Every brand has it loyalist not just Kyosho. I remember the discussions last year after the Nats and the ST-RR had been the winning kit. That it was in fact Tebo and his ability not the truggy that won. Because the truggy is an old design (in terms of what it is based off of) it could not have been a factor in Tebo winning. When one brand wins that is not our brand then we say it is the driver that won the event....when it is a brand we like or follow then we say it is the kit. Been that way since I started racing in 1989.
It's ok buddy I get the same over in the MP9 thread, they have stuffed up with axle length, shock body anodising and weak front arms but like the economy they deny there is a problem until it's staring you in the face
Nitro X Fuels
smelly62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 06:59 AM   #60
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
Nope, which makes me able to drive whatever car I feel like driving. Which is why Ive run a large number of brands over the years.
Right now Im fairly set on Serpent. Mainly cause I like the company and I like their attitude towards producing cars and racing them. Its a personal thing really.
Not to be rude but man bro....you come in here talking about fanboy blah, blah, blah and yet you have more fanboy stuff in your sig/avatar and your not a team driver? Thats some pretty strong fanboy clout right thurr......just sayin holmes.....

I dont care how old a platform is If it feels good to me. Im not a rc historian, I race rc cars, if something works for me, it works, it's that simple. ST-RR is a design thats still super fast and very capable, the EVO will only be better....only problem besides the tank I ever seen with the ST-RR truck is people running WAY too much rear brake, then they chunk rear diffs, then they say the truck sucks.....well, if you would take the time to do it RIGHT the first time and learn how to properly set a bias between f/r and this truck is pure money! Best truck on the market hands down IMO, get one, set it up correctly and hit the track, you will see what Im talking about!
Trevor Williams is offline   Reply With Quote