R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 09:04 AM   #16
Tech Master
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Does the STRR have eclips holding the hinge pins in (upper front and lower rear)?? Cause I can see them plain as day in the photos of the Evo. I believe it was The Who who said "there's got to be a better way".
__________________
Sean Gaffney
...where some sponsors used to be...
AZRC4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:08 AM   #17
Tech Master
 
KThatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1000 Oaks, Ca.
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRC4Me View Post
Does the STRR have eclips holding the hinge pins in (upper front and lower rear)?? Cause I can see them plain as day in the photos of the Evo. I believe it was The Who who said "there's got to be a better way".
Yes E clips on inner pins and outer pins... most of us put the K-factory pins on.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hinge-Pin-Set
__________________
- Picco - Triton RC - 818 Designs - Team-CRP - RCRenew.com -
Pro Motion T-shirts -
KThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:18 AM   #18
Tech Elite
 
Jammin57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,374
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Unhappy

The gunmetal is better looking than the blue but the truck is a big let down, a new body and threaded shocks isnt much of a improvement
Jammin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:31 AM   #19
Tech Master
 
AZRC4Me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Fullerton, CA
Posts: 1,147
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KThatcher View Post
Yes E clips on inner pins and outer pins... most of us put the K-factory pins on.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Hinge-Pin-Set
Forgive me, but that "upgrade" should be standard equipment on this new truggy. E-clips on hinge pins is just not acceptable these days in 1/8 scale racing imo. Especially when the buggy by the same manufacturer employs captured hinge pins.
__________________
Sean Gaffney
...where some sponsors used to be...
AZRC4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #20
Tech Master
 
KThatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 1000 Oaks, Ca.
Posts: 1,845
Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRC4Me View Post
Forgive me, but that "upgrade" should be standard equipment on this new truggy. E-clips on hinge pins is just not acceptable these days in 1/8 scale racing imo. Especially when the buggy by the same manufacturer employs captured hinge pins.
I agree... at least they are swithcing to hex as you used to have to buy this as well.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...T-RR-Screw-Kit

as it used to be all philips head
__________________
- Picco - Triton RC - 818 Designs - Team-CRP - RCRenew.com -
Pro Motion T-shirts -
KThatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM   #21
Tech Regular
 
Ambros303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 435
Default

If this is going to be the production kit then I see quite a few changes:

-MP9 wing
-All alu wing posts (4 instead of 2)
-Hex screw kit instead of philips heads
-MP9 air filter kit
-New Body
-New rear body mounts (no more modding for cab forward bodies)
-Mud guards on rear arms
-New threaded shocks (including the long rear ones)
-New gears (can't see those on pics)
-MP9 servo saver foam (to keep dust out)
-MP9 servo horns
-Mp9 servo linkage (not 100% sure)

-MP9 engine mounts? (hard to see, but looks like it)

Edit: i see some light weight hard coated linkage balls aswell, also look at the steering linkage: it uses the (new) ones that keep the linkage from popping off.
__________________
Kyosho ST-RR Evo-ed // Sirio // Hitec // Sanwa
Kyosho MP9 TKI2 WC // Sirio // Savox // Sanwa
Ambros303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #22
Tech Elite
 
Jammin57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,374
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambros303 View Post
If this is going to be the production kit then I see quite a few changes:

-MP9 wing
-All alu wing posts (4 instead of 2)
-Hex screw kit instead of philips heads
-MP9 air filter kit
-New Body
-New rear body mounts (no more modding for cab forward bodies)
-Mud guards on rear arms
-New threaded shocks (including the long rear ones)
-New gears (can't see those on pics)
-MP9 servo saver foam (to keep dust out)
-MP9 servo horns
-Mp9 servo linkage (not 100% sure)

-MP9 engine mounts? (hard to see, but looks like it)

Edit: i see some light weight hard coated linkage balls aswell, also look at the steering linkage: it uses the (new) ones that keep the linkage from popping off.
Most of the people already run that stuff on the truck itleast the stuff that is available
Jammin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #23
Tech Elite
 
Jammin57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,374
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

As disappointed as I am at the truck I will still buy it just because I like kyosho but they should have made a adjustable hingepin system like the mp9 instead of e-clips and used a single front upper camber link instead of a arm it would have gave the truck better steering and they could have used regular plastic chassis braces instead of the rods with pop off ends and made a different battery/rx tray like the mp9 and lighted outdrives but hopefully they used straight cut diff gears or cut the grooves deeper on the spiral cut ring and pinion gears so they fit together better
Jammin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #24
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeGuam View Post
Kyosho's R&D and Marketing staff were testing the Truggy at my track today. After numerous discussions, the only person in the US that has the kit is Cody King. It will be available in October, so the wait is on for the Kyosho lovers. I did get a chance at driving the Truggy, you all will not be disappointed.


Correct, it will only be an update


Only updates are the Body, Gears, and Mud Guard.

Pictures of the Truggy







wow ! bling bling that is the niceist truggy ive ever seen .
i was really looking at getting the st-rr but it was out of stock for a long time .

i wish there was more at local tracks including my .

if kyosho whould work with lhs i bet there whould be a lot more of them showing up at tracks.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:30 AM   #25
Tech Regular
 
Ambros303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 435
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin57 View Post
Most of the people already run that stuff on the truck itleast the stuff that is available
True, but it's still quite a few refinements added to the original ST-RR. For a lot of people the upgrade kit will be worth it just for the new gears, mud guards, body & mounts and shocks alone. Specially the shocks are a lot nicer with the new improved spring cups & dials.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin57 View Post
As disappointed as I am at the truck I will still buy it just because I like kyosho but they should have made a adjustable hingepin system like the mp9 instead of e-clips and used a single front upper camber link instead of a arm it would have gave the truck better steering and they could have used regular plastic chassis braces instead of the rods with pop off ends and made a different battery/rx tray like the mp9 and lighted outdrives but hopefully they used straight cut diff gears or cut the grooves deeper on the spiral cut ring and pinion gears so they fit together better
Agreed, the e-clip hinge pin system is not of this time anymore. I would of liked to see captured hinge pins there aswell...it is a bit dissapointing that Kyosho didn't upgrade those. I run the RMV captured kits and they work very well.
__________________
Kyosho ST-RR Evo-ed // Sirio // Hitec // Sanwa
Kyosho MP9 TKI2 WC // Sirio // Savox // Sanwa
Ambros303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #26
Tech Regular
 
Ambros303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 435
Default

Rear RMV captured hingepin kit:



__________________
Kyosho ST-RR Evo-ed // Sirio // Hitec // Sanwa
Kyosho MP9 TKI2 WC // Sirio // Savox // Sanwa
Ambros303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #27
Tech Elite
 
portyansky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,979
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmane42 View Post
why doesn't kyosho have a truggy? they have one of if not the best buggy on the market where is their truggy version ....no doubt it would win.


__________________
Team Tekno Canadian Team Manager
Team Hitec

Last edited by portyansky; 06-09-2011 at 05:28 PM.
portyansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #28
Tech Master
 
BIGTIME's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,313
Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)
Default

I wonder why they didnt mount the battery up front?
BIGTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 06:01 PM   #29
Tech Elite
 
SupermaxxRich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,531
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Sure hope they fixed the breaking fuel tank issue!! Running a gas tank with foam under it is cheeeezy!
__________________
Proudly Sponsored by:

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Aloha state
Posts: 3,039
Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)
Default

I was excited to hear Kyosho doing a new truggy but sadly dissapointed with the EVO. Looks pretty much the same as the old truggy, just with some new bling color and shocks and such. sad to see they still using the e clips on the hinge pins...man, those gotta go. I really like the new body and mud guards though. I know the old truggy is still a really good truggy and still on the top at major races as well around the world but a new hinge pin system like the mp 9 would've been nice like others mentioned. A plus is that all the old parts would be compatible and all the negatives about Kyosho coming out with new models too often is squashed with the strr. Well at least they didnt do a TK1, TK2, SP1 , blah blah blah. I'd just hate to jump on the EVO then a few months later, another update, or redo from Kyosho comes out since its really based on the old truggy. Suddenly, I'm not excited at all.

Thanks braddah Joe for the cool pics!!!
__________________
----Answer RC-USA----Stickit1 Racing----PT Racing Hawaii----808-RC----702 Raceway-----Dialed RC-----
Neesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
kyosho truggy for sale safeplayer Malaysian Forsale-Trade 14 05-22-2010 11:30 AM
Kyosho Truggy Bhard888 Nitro Off-Road 26 07-12-2007 09:35 PM
Kyosho Truggy Zac R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 8 06-04-2006 07:20 PM
NEW KYOSHO TRUGGY SR-T redneck15 Electric Off-Road 23 05-02-2006 09:33 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:19 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net