Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What Tmaxx model & Engine I have.  Lost, need help!! >

What Tmaxx model & Engine I have. Lost, need help!!

What Tmaxx model & Engine I have. Lost, need help!!

Old 06-03-2011, 03:46 AM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? What Tmaxx model & Engine I have. Lost, need help!!

Hi all, can anyone give some tips on what tmaxx model i got, and what engine it has on it. I want to work on upgarding it but no clue where to start, as i have no clue what i go here. some pics attached. engine is marked HPI. thank you:
Attached Thumbnails What Tmaxx model & Engine I have.  Lost, need help!!-100_0316.jpg   What Tmaxx model & Engine I have.  Lost, need help!!-100_0320.jpg   What Tmaxx model & Engine I have.  Lost, need help!!-100_0323.jpg   What Tmaxx model & Engine I have.  Lost, need help!!-100_0319.jpg   What Tmaxx model & Engine I have.  Lost, need help!!-100_0324.jpg  

Old 06-03-2011, 04:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

That's an older T-maxx for sure but can still be a nice truck. The engine is an older HPI small-block but unsure which on.
I usually refer to the older T-maxx truck as the black transmission model. Most of the newer parts will fit so you will have no problem in that area. The newer 3.3 model is longer so chassis braces and so forth will not work.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

just take what you nee to the hobby store and match it up, it is the older tmaxx version and the purple flywheel screams hpi, looks like a good basher if it runs and shifts ok, gonna need good servos and an rpm servo saver mod
Old 06-03-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The rear bumper is missing but everything else looks to be there.