Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 2.0 REAR Hubs bearings going out?? >

Losi 2.0 REAR Hubs bearings going out??

Losi 2.0 REAR Hubs bearings going out??

Old 05-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by inferno13
2 years and have never had a bad bearing (not even clutch bell) proper maintance, compressed air, bearing lube, is all you need.
+1
Old 05-30-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

In the year and a half that I have been running my truck(every weekend),I hwve only blown up a couple hub bearings...and have only changed the ones that blow lol....I'm going to put new wheel bearings in for nats(would be stupid not to)....as for clutch bearings,I had the same issue with bearings barely lasting a race day,if that....but the TKO special clutch bearings will last at least a half gallon,if you just wipe them off when you get a chance...they are #1 in clutch bearings if you ask me
Old 05-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by deadmancourt
In the year and a half that I have been running my truck(every weekend),I hwve only blown up a couple hub bearings...and have only changed the ones that blow lol....I'm going to put new wheel bearings in for nats(would be stupid not to)....as for clutch bearings,I had the same issue with bearings barely lasting a race day,if that....but the TKO special clutch bearings will last at least a half gallon,if you just wipe them off when you get a chance...they are #1 in clutch bearings if you ask me
yes, this would be crazy not to change the bearings out before the Nats.....

and....
the Clutch Bearings.....??????
i'll keep this in mind next time my Clutch bearings are going out on the rear "HUBS"......I am just Teasing....
(hope everyone gets this was a Joke right?)

but yea it's "Off Topic" but yea i heard the TKO clutch bearings are Dialed, but i dont have that problem,but the Advice is "Appreciated"
Old 05-31-2011, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Those 8x14 are the only bearings out side of the clutch that I have to worry about.

The 8x14 Outer Hubs have been a problem on the TLR 8T. I have found, beside the weight, Unbalanced tires are the number one problem. I run Avid Bearings out there and check them at the end of each day.

Kingheadz make a rear hub that uses are bigger bearing.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ear-Wheel-Hubs
Old 05-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

If your hub bearings blow out always replace BOTH the hubs and the bearings. If you only replace the bearings, they will blow again almost immediately. I also would recommend staying away from the cheap $1 bearings and using losi brand bearings or equivalent in crucial areas such as this.

I only had this problem when the 8T 2.0 first was released. Since then I have been running stock plastic hubs and losi bearings with no problems. I check them periodically for play and replacing them both once or twice a season.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by baruke1
If your hub bearings blow out always replace BOTH the hubs and the bearings. If you only replace the bearings, they will blow again almost immediately. I also would recommend staying away from the cheap $1 bearings and using losi brand bearings or equivalent in crucial areas such as this.

I only had this problem when the 2.0 first was released. Since then I have been running stock plastic hubs and losi bearings with no problems. I check them periodically for play and replacing them once or twice a season.
not really. there are a lot of reason why a bearing would go not all would destroy a hub. if the hub is deformed at all or the bearing isnt tight i agree replace it. and those $1 dollar bearings are just as good as losi bearings, how much do you think it cost horizion to get those bearings? prob less then .50 a bearing and they charge 5-10 bucks sometimes for bearings. TKO bearings still cost a dollar and they are fantastic bearings. as got a problem when they were first released its not true. I bought a new 8t 2.0 last oct and was told the issue was fixed. ran the 8t 2.0 stock and the bearing blew before my main. the issue is the 8x14 bearing, not the quality or brand. your putting a lot of force on a smaller bearing thats why the bigger bearing works
Old 05-31-2011, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

well it worked for me.

just trying to help.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Regular

It could also quite possibly be that the "Kit" plastics and bearings are not of the same quality or make as the replacement ones since simply replacing the parts solved my problem.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:54 PM
Tech Master

I only had this problem when the 8T 2.0 first was released. Since then I have been running stock plastic hubs and losi bearings with no problems. I check them periodically for play and replacing them both once or twice a season.
well i would have to "Agree" if not replacing both rear hubs i could see the "Assumption" that things would blow out....as well as for using off brand Bearings...
However that not being my case....
i thought so to by "Using Losi Hardware" should be Better..???
but they were still blowing out....

It could also quite possibly be that the "Kit" plastics and bearings are not of the same quality or make as the replacement ones since simply replacing the parts solved my problem.

i thought "Maybe" this could be a "Variable Reason" as well....???
but it was the "Replacement parts" that were Failing......

i am trying to find as much as i can and "Weight" all the posabilities of if more people have this issue or is it just something that happens from time to time...????
i figure this weekend we'll take the trucks out and 2 new ones and see if we can get the new rear 8x16 bearings in the "Plastic" hubs to "Fail"
Old 05-31-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Unsober1
Losi Racer is right.....

Get the King Headz hubs and its solved. They use a larger bearing.

Also, make sure you are using a quality bearing. I prefer answer-rc.
when i ran losi i went thru same thing...get the hing headz and ull be fine..
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Master

well i got a bunch of messages on if i had some pics of the Bearings in the Hubs.....
Sure no prob....
there not that great not super "Clear" usual Cell-Phone pics....LOL
but can get the idea......
the first one can see they can fit "Easily" so i am sure Losi could make the the hubs with a more "Readily Available" 8x16 bearing.
can also see the 8x14 bearings are only 4mm wide,as the 8x16 are 5mm wide,making it able to "Carry a Higher Bearing Load"

Old 05-31-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Im curious to see this tooling to do the hubs minus a Mill or lathe. Can you get us Some blade ?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The biggest killer of bearings is unbalanced tires. It's a much bigger problem on a truggy, than on a buggy. I have more than 5 hours on my 8ight-e with the same wheel bearings.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:58 AM
Tech Adept

My rear bearings on my 2.0eu buggy seem to get gritty very quickly, I clean them with the rpm bearing blaster but have had to replace the outer ones every time. Doesn't happen with other brand buggies. Don't know why losi went for such a small bearing, the 1/10 xxxtcr uses the same rear hub bearings! They are too small for 1/8.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pete31
My rear bearings on my 2.0eu buggy seem to get gritty very quickly, I clean them with the rpm bearing blaster but have had to replace the outer ones every time. Doesn't happen with other brand buggies. Don't know why losi went for such a small bearing, the 1/10 xxxtcr uses the same rear hub bearings! They are too small for 1/8.

yea thats what i wonder also but every manf has at least one "flaw" but yea i dont understand why you whould ever use "small bearings" espially on the hubs on a 1/8 scale.

on my rc8t the bearings are a perfect size for a 1/8 scale there still good even with little run time on them.

the flaw on the rc8t is them dam "steering bushings" that key into the front knuckles if there not keyed in the screw and the bushing will loosen and fall out even with locktight on the screws.

im not bashing losi like i said every manf has there flaws.

Last edited by tc5 man; 06-01-2011 at 12:00 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.