Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 2.0 REAR Hubs bearings going out??

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
yea thats what i wonder also but every manf has at least one "flaw" but yea i dont understand why you whould ever use "small bearings" espially on the hubs on a 1/8 scale.

on my rc8t the bearings are a perfect size for a 1/8 scale there still good even with little run time on them.

the flaw on the rc8t is them dam "steering bushings" that key into the front knuckles if there not keyed in the screw and the bushing will loosen and fall out even with locktight on the screws.

im not bashing losi like i said every manf has there flaws.
tc5, I haven't been following your thread in a few weeks, but is your truggy completed?
Old 06-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by golferdude1971
tc5, I haven't been following your thread in a few weeks, but is your truggy completed?

of course its been done ive had about "5 runs on it i been having bad luck not with the truck really just the engine im coverting it to electric so i can focus on my driving and setup and not worrying about the engine tuning and other things.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

of course its been done ive had about "5 runs on it i been having bad luck not with the truck really just the engine im coverting it to electric so i can focus on my driving and setup and not worrying about the engine tuning and other things.
rc5 just makin sure you know .an electric 1/8 th scale will be way different then the nitro version.it will handle different,it will be set up different and you gotta drive it different
Old 06-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by losi_racer
rc5 just makin sure you know .an electric 1/8 th scale will be way different then the nitro version.it will handle different,it will be set up different and you gotta drive it different

i know you have to drive it smooth and not nail the throttle coming out of the corners im always been somewhat smooth with the throttle with nitro and electric anyways.

most people on here say you can use the same setup pretty much the only thing i can think of is "heavyer shock oils with the e conversion.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bcarter007
when i ran losi i went thru same thing...get the hing headz and ull be fine..
yes !! i have seen the King-Heads one a great idea!! kinda nice someone already came out with one....but HIGHLY OVERPRICED in my "Opinion" and again just An "Opinion"
i mean they could still sell them at 38.00 to 40.00 and still make a Killing in Profit!...
but i was working on the aspect of "Original parts and how they can be worked on or suggestions to get this to work
but be nice to see more info in more places for these hubs people would really like to know...there really good !!!
but the Losi Alloy Hubs i have seen them for 38.99!!
and the guys at D&B said when they finish the tooling for mass production would mill the hubs for $3.00
the Losi ones after Taxes about 42.00
king-headz with an Average price about $65.99 the losi ones would be a little less bout $24.00 less, even after milled be $21.00 "Less"
still if getting "Now" yes !!! those King-Headz ones are Nice !!!

Originally Posted by Integra
Im curious to see this tooling to do the hubs minus a Mill or lathe. Can you get us Some blade ?
yes, i know as were so many, i "Can't Show It" but it is pretty simple !! he did mine on the "Spot" with the Plastic ones,and Honestly i was kinda suprised!! it's "Self-Centering" and the Jig used can be used in a "Drill"
he's pretty "Slick" i do some Machining,but i am learning new stuff all the time but he's some light-years ahead of me!!!....LOL
i know be almost impossible to believe without at least seeing some kind of pic? so i put these up...to show it could be done Simply.....
i do not know if he'll sell the idea for the tooling? or as a kit or something? since i am sure other Manufactures are at least "Somehow Aware" of,or they or someone could make a Molded Hub for this?? if not i be kinda Suprised??
and i was kinda thinking of why Bother??? i mean a Plastic hub?
and it danced around in my head? just seemed like a good idea..?
but i like to hear if anyone thinks that doing something like this is even "Worth it"...??? be Interesting to hear......
but Integra
send me a email,i'll forward it to the guys at D&B maybe they will send you some stuff on how it is made and done? they just asked me not to post a pic in a Public Forum...???
but to be honest i am really suprised no one has already done it...????

Originally Posted by neobart
The biggest killer of bearings is unbalanced tires. It's a much bigger problem on a truggy, than on a buggy. I have more than 5 hours on my 8ight-e with the same wheel bearings.
yes, this is why this "Thread" is geared for the Trucks.....
i know i should be more "Specific" ....LOL but buggies dont have this as much........
Buggies are not a big problem, kinda reminds me of the "Clutch bearings going out in the rear hubs !!!!....
in my Buggies both Nitro and Electric they just go on forever...LOL
but the trucks at "Over 10 Pounds" the trucks have a little more to "Lug Around".....

and on a side note, i see some just being silly on driving how-to's this is better than this that stuff is LAME !!!!.....
this person doesnt drive this or that?? who cares...???
the point was to find out does anyone have a problem with the hubs on there LOSI 2.0 TRUCKS going out all the time....???
not who uses the "Best Bearings".....who cares...?? etc. etc.
now i like to point out? for me I dont care? i figured was a regular "Mantainance thing" on something that just had to be done?
so i would just replace my Bearings?? so Money is not an Issue....
However !!!
maybe there are people that have a problem?? maybe they do not like always spending 14.00 on a couple of bearings...????
and "Maybe" $45.00 is allot to spend for some...???? for a pair of Hubs..??? i have the Alloy ones so no problem but they still go out...
i just like to use the plastic ones as well???
then there is always those Yahoos that come on out and say well if you can't afford this dont do it...???? and that is "WRONG"
in Reality parts in this sport are so over priced it is CRAZY !!!
and a great example is and just jumping a subject real quick, but short course bodies anyone ever buy one of these things?
there $42.00+ and sometimes i have seen these things Break in one night !!! the Guys at D&B make them for 25.00 !! and it is the EXACT SAME Lexan everyone else uses...LOL same for the "Stock" losi body holy cow!!! there $45.00 !!! before TAX !!!
and the guys at D&B make the same thing for $25.00 !!
ibet if he had a "Molding Machine" probally make parts super cheap too...
so if everyone could i know for some it is "HARD"....LOL
but if we can keep it "Objective" be soooooo much better....
i am a liad back person and it's sad to see people start Flaming on people when there is really no need too?

but it is very nice to see some very Passionate inputs,that is welcome
but if you see people getting all worked up over nothing? we do not help the hobby.........what message does that say about those of us that are "Good" a newcommer would not know "What or Who" to believe?

and i also like to point out i do hope no one takes "Offense" on how i word things? since i am no "Stephen King" a "Emotional Content" on how i express my self in "Typing is Limited".....LOL
but if you ever talked to me you'd know i am a pretty happy person...
Old 06-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Oh, Oh wait... !!!!
i forgot .....i know my bad sorry !!!!!!

ok, today we took the trucks out, to see if they would be ok with the new Bearings....we have a track a little like our home track
bout 200 feet wide by about 95 feet deep...and it's pretty close hard packed and slightly dusty on top....
so we figured we have this week off from painting and all that stuff
so my buddy and I went dragged about 4 gallons of fuel and a grip of tires! and our 4 truggies, we got there bout 9am....
got in about 40 mins ago?
well we only got to use 2 of the trucks? we tried to beat the heck out of them but the rear hubs just kept going and going! the other 2 trucks got no use?
seems everything else wore out...LOL

i put 2.5 gallons through one truck my friend put about a gallon in the other,pretty much ran them almost non stop, i feel bad for the Motors!!!.....LOL
(i think there Broken in now???.....LOL)
we ran it dry and ran it with heavy watering.....and the bearings seem none the worse for wear....
in one session we ran one truck almost 2 hours Straight..i figure this would kill a bearing!!
but no, so for me....and this is just my personal thing but it seemed to really work well !!!
so we like to know more !!!
my buddy at D&B said send me some emails...and he'll pick a few
he'll send you an address from there send him some plastic hubs AND a "Self-Addressed-Stamped Envelope" and he'll re-size them for free and send us back "Detailed" report on how they are working for "You"
or we could get the hubs but would be the cost of what ever it costs "Us" to buy the hubs nothing more nothing less....
still need to send the self addressed stamed envelope...
oh, and needs to be for if you run a truck....
could have it for a buggy? but that doesnt help anyone here?
only cheating yourself and those looking to get info "Here"
since buggies dont seem to go out like in truck sometimes.
and be misleading to someone thinking that other guy had good info!
but would be bad if it was someone running a "Buggy"
see what i am getting at?
what them for buggy that's fine but let us know we like to get infor for "Trucks"
Old 06-01-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 1BLADE1
yes !! i have seen the King-Heads one a great idea!! kinda nice someone already came out with one....but HIGHLY OVERPRICED in my "Opinion" and again just An "Opinion"
i mean they could still sell them at 38.00 to 40.00 and still make a Killing in Profit!...
but i was working on the aspect of "Original parts and how they can be worked on or suggestions to get this to work
but be nice to see more info in more places for these hubs people would really like to know...there really good !!!
but the Losi Alloy Hubs i have seen them for 38.99!!
and the guys at D&B said when they finish the tooling for mass production would mill the hubs for $3.00
the Losi ones after Taxes about 42.00
king-headz with an Average price about $65.99 the losi ones would be a little less bout $24.00 less, even after milled be $21.00 "Less"
still if getting "Now" yes !!! those King-Headz ones are Nice !!!

yes, i know as were so many, i "Can't Show It" but it is pretty simple !! he did mine on the "Spot" with the Plastic ones,and Honestly i was kinda suprised!! it's "Self-Centering" and the Jig used can be used in a "Drill"
he's pretty "Slick" i do some Machining,but i am learning new stuff all the time but he's some light-years ahead of me!!!....LOL
i know be almost impossible to believe without at least seeing some kind of pic? so i put these up...to show it could be done Simply.....
i do not know if he'll sell the idea for the tooling? or as a kit or something? since i am sure other Manufactures are at least "Somehow Aware" of,or they or someone could make a Molded Hub for this?? if not i be kinda Suprised??
and i was kinda thinking of why Bother??? i mean a Plastic hub?
and it danced around in my head? just seemed like a good idea..?
but i like to hear if anyone thinks that doing something like this is even "Worth it"...??? be Interesting to hear......
but Integra
send me a email,i'll forward it to the guys at D&B maybe they will send you some stuff on how it is made and done? they just asked me not to post a pic in a Public Forum...???
but to be honest i am really suprised no one has already done it...????

yes, this is why this "Thread" is geared for the Trucks.....
i know i should be more "Specific" ....LOL but buggies dont have this as much........
Buggies are not a big problem, kinda reminds me of the "Clutch bearings going out in the rear hubs !!!!....
in my Buggies both Nitro and Electric they just go on forever...LOL
but the trucks at "Over 10 Pounds" the trucks have a little more to "Lug Around".....

and on a side note, i see some just being silly on driving how-to's this is better than this that stuff is LAME !!!!.....
this person doesnt drive this or that?? who cares...???
the point was to find out does anyone have a problem with the hubs on there LOSI 2.0 TRUCKS going out all the time....???
not who uses the "Best Bearings".....who cares...?? etc. etc.
now i like to point out? for me I dont care? i figured was a regular "Mantainance thing" on something that just had to be done?
so i would just replace my Bearings?? so Money is not an Issue....
However !!!
maybe there are people that have a problem?? maybe they do not like always spending 14.00 on a couple of bearings...????
and "Maybe" $45.00 is allot to spend for some...???? for a pair of Hubs..??? i have the Alloy ones so no problem but they still go out...
i just like to use the plastic ones as well???
then there is always those Yahoos that come on out and say well if you can't afford this dont do it...???? and that is "WRONG"
in Reality parts in this sport are so over priced it is CRAZY !!!
and a great example is and just jumping a subject real quick, but short course bodies anyone ever buy one of these things?
there $42.00+ and sometimes i have seen these things Break in one night !!! the Guys at D&B make them for 25.00 !! and it is the EXACT SAME Lexan everyone else uses...LOL same for the "Stock" losi body holy cow!!! there $45.00 !!! before TAX !!!
and the guys at D&B make the same thing for $25.00 !!
ibet if he had a "Molding Machine" probally make parts super cheap too...
so if everyone could i know for some it is "HARD"....LOL
but if we can keep it "Objective" be soooooo much better....
i am a liad back person and it's sad to see people start Flaming on people when there is really no need too?

but it is very nice to see some very Passionate inputs,that is welcome
but if you see people getting all worked up over nothing? we do not help the hobby.........what message does that say about those of us that are "Good" a newcommer would not know "What or Who" to believe?

and i also like to point out i do hope no one takes "Offense" on how i word things? since i am no "Stephen King" a "Emotional Content" on how i express my self in "Typing is Limited".....LOL
but if you ever talked to me you'd know i am a pretty happy person...

how is that turning away newcommers all i was saying was that if you make a "1/8 scale why whould any manf use any small bearings in supension hubs they will never last.

yea sure you, can buy alloy hubs to have bigger bearings or ream the plastic hubs to accept bigger bearings .

no i never, had a problem with buying bearings but in my opinion is i much rather all ready have nice bigger bearings without buying hop ups.

im not trying to start a flame with you or anything.

Last edited by tc5 man; 06-01-2011 at 07:55 PM.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

LOL, No Tc5

i was "Speaking" or i should say "Writting"....LOL in the General Sence.
it just seemed like some people were going to start getting Over Opinionated thats all....

but anyone ever see a thread where a Question was answered and then people just took it out of "Context" and went off in the "Wrong Direction".....

so TC5 dont take everything too personal... wasnt aimed at you
your all good....
dont stop posting your Posts have some Interesting points...
Old 06-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 1BLADE1
LOL, No Tc5

i was "Speaking" or i should say "Writting"....LOL in the General Sence.
it just seemed like some people were going to start getting Over Opinionated thats all....

but anyone ever see a thread where a Question was answered and then people just took it out of "Context" and went off in the "Wrong Direction".....

so TC5 dont take everything too personal... wasnt aimed at you
your all good....
dont stop posting your Posts have some Interesting points...

its all good i was really thinking at first you were aiming it at "pete 31 and me but you wasnt.

but you know me and pete 31 have a point on that topic though
Old 06-02-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

but you wasnt.

While I must say your spelling and grammar has greatly improved over the past year it's still not quite there. This one made me chuckle.