R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-27-2011, 01:07 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

I would get what my lhs has I think ae has a good buggy and when they update there buggy you don't have to buy a whole new car mugen and losi have a history of this. Kyosho does not do it that much.I think serpent is to new to offroad to put my money on the table.I own a Losi 8 2.0 I felt the same way after my first drive with it .That the was all set up.It drives fine now Good Luck
Old 05-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I have driven a Losi and Durango. The Losi was a very fast and durable car, but it takes finesse to navigate it quickly. The Durango has the most high tech of any car on the market but it does need setup attention. I just built a Agama and it looks very losi like but we will see how it drives on the track. The K car is a very capable car but like the serpent parts are pricy. IDK who said the HB car is slow Tessman and Vik seem very very fast with it. I also have a serpent coming next week, so Ill see what I like best or maybe the best way to put it is what likes me best.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #18
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
He has been PITTING for the world champion at all of the huge races. Crazy kids!!!
Doesnt matter if hes been pitting for Obama cause kyosho hasnt won all of the big races in the last 2 years.
Maifield has won a whole lot in the last few years and hes an AE driver. Savoya won the european championship with a mugen last year.
etc etc
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #19
D8
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

moisesing.. you need one of this

Sidewiinder Fuel
D8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 04:07 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

well if you want a buggy that can be pushed and is easy to drive dont get the losi eight buggy i know. take a look at the rc8b and the hb d8 for a plated driving buggy.

i like that gs buggy !
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 05:57 PM   #21
D8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
i like that gs buggy !
thanks! btw... it is very,very,very awesome! super durable with excellent quaility parts., and it has insane steering. I am super happy with it
Sidewiinder Fuel
Old 05-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #22
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Last edited by Jaz240; 05-28-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Jaz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 08:05 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D8 View Post
moisesing.. you need one of this

That is a nice looking car, and honestly I have never seen it before. I actually tried to look for it at the amainhobbies.com web page but I see they do not sell it. Where can I find information regarding the car and more important where I can purchase spare parts, because I see the car is used mostly by the European drivers.
moisesing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
Where have you been? Sure, King won with it at the worlds, but AE and Losi have won a ton of huge races since then.

Umm whats the current national champ in both buggy and truggy??? oh thats right Kyosho
Old 05-29-2011, 12:14 AM   #25
D8
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moisesing View Post
That is a nice looking car, and honestly I have never seen it before. I actually tried to look for it at the amainhobbies.com web page but I see they do not sell it. Where can I find information regarding the car and more important where I can purchase spare parts, because I see the car is used mostly by the European drivers.
GS Racing has all the parts that you might need., the CLX buggy is very durable and can take a beating send GSFan a PM or email GS Racing at gsracingusa@gmail.com, you wont be disappointed
Sidewiinder Fuel
Old 05-29-2011, 02:43 AM   #26
Tech Initiate

kyosho, mugen, losi, agama, intech, AE, serpent, team durango, GS Racing, Xray, hotbodies, O'Donnell, JQ, TQ racing, hyper 9 are ALL capable of winning ANY race. 95% of the people on furoms are bias.
pitpop is right, before the worlds including the worlds kyosho basically clean swept every race it was at.
xboxandrcdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #27
Tech Adept
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxandrcdude View Post
kyosho, mugen, losi, agama, intech, AE, serpent, team durango, GS Racing, Xray, hotbodies, O'Donnell, JQ, TQ racing, hyper 9 are ALL capable of winning ANY race. 95% of the people on furoms are bias.
pitpop is right, before the worlds including the worlds kyosho basically clean swept every race it was at.
So very true....

It always has and always will be a battle of the brands...

As far as what to buy, find one you like and run with it.

Practice makes perfect, no matter the brand, so buy what appeals to your senses..
McFly505 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:51 AM   #28
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
so Ill see what I like best or maybe the best way to put it is what likes me best.
Spot on. Different guys a faster with different buggies. Although a top class pro will eventually make any chassis work with enough setup and practise.

I'm new but I picked the Agama as my first buggy, previous to that I had a few steers with a friends Losi 2.0 RTR. Both feel similar and can get very loose. I was warned off the Agama by my LHS as he said it wasn't easy to drive. I ignored the advice because I liked the look, layout was easy to work on and parts were relatively cheaper than a lot of the other buggies. (Although I think Durango parts are even cheaper from what I have seen). I was also told it was extremely durable and the quality looked really good too which it does.

In answer to the opening post; in his situation I would go with the Xray 808 11'. The 808 11' is light and very planted by all accounts, forgiving and easy to drive. One guy I know at club level wasn't placing so well in the Agama after a whole seasons racing with it, then switched to the JQ for a little bit without much success (I actually thought he must be crap because he had years of experience). He then switched back to the 808 11' and is now placing on podiums. All he says is that the Xray is just planted, no matter what he does it doesn't feel like it's going to spit the rear end out. Maybe it just suits his driving style. But it's a common theme you hear amongst 808 11' owners, how easy that buggy is to steer fast around a track.

Personally I like my Agama. To me it's a Losi but with slightly better quality and more adjustments. That isn't a bad thing being compared to a Losi (or do I dare say copy of a Losi without being flamed) because that buggy is still doing extremely well results wise especially in Europe.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

just about everything in this hobby is 90% hype, weather it be a motor or car. Just by what you want. Get the one that looks the best

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Easy answer

Xray, Mugen.....the parts last a long time, and they both drive great, and don't need a lot of work to be fast.....oh yeah they don't fall apart at the track....