Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
nitro car decision help >

nitro car decision help

nitro car decision help

Old 05-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Addict

Questions?? nitro car decision help

ok im ready to make to take the leap to nitro im going to be the desert during the summer and there are two nitro tracks there im a eletric guy and im ready to take the leap to nitro im just not sure what to get

im looking at the following trucks

hyper 10 tt rtr nitro do they still make the nitro version the ofna site does not show it but nitro house does (is it a rtr and does it come with motor and servos or no)

losi 810 buggy

i just want something that has reliable rtr motor that is simple to tune and break in
Or can u suggest any other rtr nitro that is reliable

Last edited by rcjoe99; 05-23-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:40 PM
Tech Addict

bump
Old 05-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

bump?...read
Old 05-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I see you haven't gotten much help here. Basically you get what you pay for. I try to avoid new guys getting a rtr. RTR is ready to run then turns into ready to never run again. They aren't really reliable, there more of a starter and give it up. I have seen the 810 raced but personally i wouldn't try it. If nitro is somthing you really want to do then spend big the first time and not have to worry about spending more later. Everyone i know who bought a rtr for example losi 2.0. Yes the rtr is a great truck but engine, servos, and a few other little things dnt last long and need changing, which ends up with you spending more in the long run. Some may argue this saying the servos and stuff last but really they aren't race quality. Also i don't know what a 10tt is but i have a hunch its a 1/10 truggy which aren't popular and you won't hve much luck with finding a class to race in. With this said look into a hot bodies d8t or d8, a nice $200 doller range engine like GO, Alpha, Dynamite Euro platinum. For servos i used a spektrum metal gear that was $90 and never had a issue and was really fast for throttle, and for steering you can get a hi tec, futaba etc for a good price and never have to worry about spending on servos again if EPA's are set correct. Then for a radio set up basically get a 2.4 dont need to be fancy just get the job done. For example airtronics mx-sport. No need for a m11, futaba 4pk etc if you only have one nitro car. Anymore questions feel free to pm me and i can give any info and answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. Always nice to see a e guy wanting some noise!
Old 05-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
I see you haven't gotten much help here. Basically you get what you pay for. I try to avoid new guys getting a rtr. RTR is ready to run then turns into ready to never run again. They aren't really reliable, there more of a starter and give it up. I have seen the 810 raced but personally i wouldn't try it. If nitro is somthing you really want to do then spend big the first time and not have to worry about spending more later. Everyone i know who bought a rtr for example losi 2.0. Yes the rtr is a great truck but engine, servos, and a few other little things dnt last long and need changing, which ends up with you spending more in the long run. Some may argue this saying the servos and stuff last but really they aren't race quality. Also i don't know what a 10tt is but i have a hunch its a 1/10 truggy which aren't popular and you won't hve much luck with finding a class to race in. With this said look into a hot bodies d8t or d8, a nice $200 doller range engine like GO, Alpha, Dynamite Euro platinum. For servos i used a spektrum metal gear that was $90 and never had a issue and was really fast for throttle, and for steering you can get a hi tec, futaba etc for a good price and never have to worry about spending on servos again if EPA's are set correct. Then for a radio set up basically get a 2.4 dont need to be fancy just get the job done. For example airtronics mx-sport. No need for a m11, futaba 4pk etc if you only have one nitro car. Anymore questions feel free to pm me and i can give any info and answer any questions you have to the best of my ability. Always nice to see a e guy wanting some noise!
+1, but the losi rtr buggy and truggy are really nice, i dont care for the 454 that comes in the truggy, but the losi 350 engine that comes in the rtr buggy is a good little engine. for a first nitro you cant go wrong with a rtr losi 1/8 scale. i would'nt press about the losi 810 to much unless they have a 1/9 buggy class..
Old 05-23-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Addict

ya i want to race but i mostly go to track to just to have fun and its relaxing to me... the reason i was looking at losi 810 couple guys have it that run nitro and electric at the e track and they were running them at parking lot they seem decent and i will change servos out after time u can get some decent servos pretty dam cheap now days its only like 3/4 of inch or so shorter then the eight b

My dream would be able to get the rtr truggy but i dont got the funds for that

also what about nitro short course are they decent or no

i saw the HB 1/8 staduim truck but i heard there discounting it soon i dont want it if i cant get part support
Old 05-24-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

when you get to the desert see what brands the stores support in the area and support the local shop, you dont want to be broke for the weekend to wait on a 2$ part from another coast, around here duratrax and losi are the biggest supported, sure the weekend isnt shot by a piddly failure,
buy a used truck from like ebay that has all the hop ups for the same price as an rtr, you wont be sorry, from personal trials most rtr stuff like dude says above is a headache and will just piss you off ,but most of all make it so you just have fun
Old 05-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by goatbongoboy
when you get to the desert see what brands the stores support in the area and support the local shop, you dont want to be broke for the weekend to wait on a 2$ part from another coast, around here duratrax and losi are the biggest supported, sure the weekend isnt shot by a piddly failure,
buy a used truck from like ebay that has all the hop ups for the same price as an rtr, you wont be sorry, from personal trials most rtr stuff like dude says above is a headache and will just piss you off ,but most of all make it so you just have fun
ya that's good idea going to check eBay and craigslist the only problem with eBay is who knows if the motor works at least with Craigslist u can have them start it up

then what would u suggest for good truck to get in to nitro i have about 2.5 years in e trucks so which one should i pick and have about 450 to 500 max limit dont really want to more then 450

really tempted to get that hyper tt yes i want to be able race but usually they let the hyper tt race with the 4wd sc class... and its a rtr but its cheap enough were i can and still have money for better servos and fuel

Last edited by rcjoe99; 05-24-2011 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rcjoe99
ya that's good idea going to check eBay and craigslist the only problem with eBay is who knows if the motor works at least with Craigslist u can have them start it up

then what would u suggest for good truck to get in to nitro i have about 2.5 years in e trucks so which one should i pick and have about 450 to 500 max limit dont really want to more then 450

really tempted to get that hyper tt yes i want to be able race but usually they let the hyper tt race with the 4wd sc class... and its a rtr but its cheap enough were i can and still have money for better servos and fuel
All you mentioned would be fun to run, but if you intend to do any racing make sure you check with the track about classes and which are allowed to run together.

The HyperTT nitro is a 4wd SCT. So you're saying the nitro and electric can run together?

The Losi10 never got popular around here. They call it a 1/8, but with a .19 engine and 12mm shocks isn't it really smaller? Don't know if I would run it with regular 1/8 buggys.

I would keep checking the for sale forum here. If you use paypal, you'd have a bit of protection. Do a search of the sellers name and see how many posts they have made. It will give you an idea if they have been around and not just a flyby seller.