Wiki Posts
Search

Which tires, rims for mbx5t?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yeroc1982
i got the zero offset. Some say to use an offset rim, some say to use zero offset, who is right or wrong???
everyone i saw running a MBX5T ran offset... but maybe im missing something or they were just running the wrong wheels.... i just remember alot of people being glade the MBX6T used the wheel extension to use 0 offset and then others not liking it because they had so many offset wheels...

but maybe im completely wrong
Old 06-05-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
everyone i saw running a MBX5T ran offset... but maybe im missing something or they were just running the wrong wheels.... i just remember alot of people being glade the MBX6T used the wheel extension to use 0 offset and then others not liking it because they had so many offset wheels...

but maybe im completely wrong
Yeah im not really sure now, but would like more info. I looked up as much as i could and seems like alot of ppl using a zero offset on the mbx5t. I measured the old set i had on, and from outside wheel to outside wheel, it was 16 3/4 inches wide, with these ones, i lose 3/4 of an inch.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Adept

These are the stock wheelhexes for the MBX5T as you can see they are allready extended, if you use these with 1/2 offset rims your truck is to width and you will loose alot off steering :

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Wheel-Hub-X5T

What some people do on the MBX5T and MBX6T is use 2mm buggy hexes and then use 1/2 off set rims, that will make the truggy narrower and you will gain some more offpower steering but, the truggy will be less stable.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...set-Wheel-Hubs
Old 06-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I just test drove it with the new zero offsets i bought and its great! I drove it hard on grass and pave and never had 1 roll over. Im happy with them!