R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   old losi truggy (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/515390-old-losi-truggy.html)

rcjoe99 05-20-2011 05:34 PM

old losi truggy

i am mostly a electric guy but my buddy is going to sell me his losi truggy i think its a losi eight 1.0 but not sure i personally have never see in person. I want to try nitro i always have thought they had a very big bad ass factor to them special truggys... my question is that the only truggy they have made or is there older ones? he has not run in a couple years sence we live southern california the track is about a hour and some change away when i buy it should i do full tear down and rebuild.. i dont want to if i dont have to i differently going to just clean the motor and probally rebuild the diffs cause who knows if they even have fluid in them... is there any other things i should i am not looking be some pro racer just to have fun... and not break at the track..

Thanks
Joe

turboxrayt1fk05 05-20-2011 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by rcjoe99 (Post 9142065)
i am mostly a electric guy but my buddy is going to sell me his losi truggy i think its a losi eight 1.0 but not sure i personally have never see in person. I want to try nitro i always have thought they had a very big bad ass factor to them special truggys... my question is that the only truggy they have made or is there older ones? he has not run in a couple years sence we live southern california the track is about a hour and some change away when i buy it should i do full tear down and rebuild.. i dont want to if i dont have to i differently going to just clean the motor and probally rebuild the diffs cause who knows if they even have fluid in them... is there any other things i should i am not looking be some pro racer just to have fun... and not break at the track..

Thanks
Joe

losi only has 2 truggy on the market losi truggy 1.0 and 2.0 which is the latest one out there.

rcjoe99 05-20-2011 09:55 PM

ok thanks i havent go my hands on it yet wht should i check like as in the motor do i need to change out the servos or just check them?? what about all the clutch shoes and the pipe is there anything to look for that could be bad or check

inferno13 05-20-2011 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by rcjoe99 (Post 9143021)
ok thanks i havent go my hands on it yet wht should i check like as in the motor do i need to change out the servos or just check them?? what about all the clutch shoes and the pipe is there anything to look for that could be bad or check

very hard questions to awnser without knowing exactly what you getting, if you have other buddies that run nitro truggy class maybe they can help you out on this one.

rcjoe99 05-20-2011 10:16 PM

ya he the buddy that is selling it is just in to electric not and i need to get and see if i can even start it up... and then just go to track i have never been there either so we will see hopefully i can get to see what can money i am going to have to fork over to get to run

also does the 1.0 parts enter change able with the 2.0 truggy??

rcjoe99 05-20-2011 10:23 PM

also is there losi 810 truggy i know theres a buggy but what about truggy

rcjoe99 05-21-2011 10:26 AM

bump