R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-25-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialser View Post
I ended up getting a used race roller almost rtr with engine. So, what is the best temp I should try to keep my engine? What is considered too hot to keep running? i have read that you can usually get a little more power out of 30% fuel, is it worth getting that over 20%?
what engine, some engines can stand alittle more heat than others, as for fuel, i use 25% byrons.
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 06:58 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It is an os .21 vg.
Trialser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:04 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trialser View Post
I ended up getting a used race roller almost rtr with engine. So, what is the best temp I should try to keep my engine? What is considered too hot to keep running? i have read that you can usually get a little more power out of 30% fuel, is it worth getting that over 20%?
As temps are concerned I keep it between 220 and 240. Any hottier and you go into thermal break down. I have burned 2 engines already. Not a nice thing to do.

I use Byrons fuel @ 20%. It works out for me. I happen to use that fuel because the nearest hobby shop to me carries only that specific fuel.

Never used that 30%. So can't tell you yes or no. Learn to tune your engine. Get yourself a temp gun as a guide. Best thing to do is go with someone that already nows how to tune an engine.

One more thing. Don't go crazy and buy 12 cars like did...haahaha. Have fun.

Losi, Serpent, Schumacher, Ofna.... yea I got a little bit everything.

Last edited by JayRC66; 05-26-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: mispelling
JayRC66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:10 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I for my first setup to race went with the Agama and all high end stuff, KO Eurus radio, HV Savox servos, Lipos everywhere, modified engines, 4 shoe after market clutch, different clutch shoes etc etc the list goes on. I'm happy with it but spent way too much. My friend on the other hand went with a Losi 2.0 RTR. The throttle servo went on it during the 3rd tank of fuel and replaced it with a $30 Hitec servo, not sure which model. Other than that he hasn't had a single issue with it and is more than happy. You'll be hard pressed to find a better value "brand new" RTR kit than the Losi 2.0 RTR. Just replace the throttle servo and go racing.
John. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwinste View Post
Interesting to hear you say this b/c i've been having a hell of a time getting it back started again as well. it was 89F today and it was really bad re-starting. Also i had a hell of a time keeping a idle. it would tune fine on the box at 170F but then i'd run it up to about 250 on the track and it would die on idling, then cool down back on the box fine and repeat.

Is there a fix for the 350 bugs mentiond?
Work on your tune. Maybe a different plug?

My buddy has the same motor and when he messes with the tune it has the same problem. I get it dialed in and it runs and idles like a champ. Never had it flame out on me though so can't comment on that. Have ran it empty. Filled it. And it started right up.

www.IERCRaceway.com - www.Facebook.com/IERCRaceway
So*Cal AFDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 09:03 PM   #21
Tech Regular

new servos
4 clutch shoes
alum servo saver
alum shock caps
RE-11 pipe
turbo conversion

I replaced my shock towers with KH
and have KH alum rear and losi alum 12degree front
Old 05-30-2011, 10:10 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwinste View Post
Interesting to hear you say this b/c i've been having a hell of a time getting it back started again as well. it was 89F today and it was really bad re-starting. Also i had a hell of a time keeping a idle. it would tune fine on the box at 170F but then i'd run it up to about 250 on the track and it would die on idling, then cool down back on the box fine and repeat.

Is there a fix for the 350 bugs mentiond?
like the other guy said work on ur tune, or more like maybe ur system on tuning. I had this problem also but this was like couple months ago when i knew a lot less on tuning though i'm still learning. Right after I refuel it would flameout a lot and would also be hard to start.

check out Ron's tuning strategy on the Werk's B6 forum thread. I think its the most fool proof tuning method. It definitely helped me on my B6 but I was also able to apply it on my 350. It goes somethig like you visually set ur idle gap first and u don't touch it nomore, then u set the other 2 needles for power and good idle.

oh yeah ur tune will change as u go up in temp so if ur good at 170F at the box, ur def gonna be off tune after couple of laps. So i generally tune after 2 or 3 laps of driving hard unless if I hear my car is already way too lean to begin with..
mk74 is offline   Reply With Quote