R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Noob needs help please. Opinions on a Buggy

Hello all. I"m getting back into the sport/hobby again. I used to race 1/10 Stadium Trucks years ago. i had a AE RC10GT Factory Built w/ OS 15 CV-X motor. Economy got bad, gas was high, lost my job and sold everything. Truggies were just coming out in the mags and no one thought it was gonna go anywhere, lol. I always wanted to get into 1/8 Buggies and now I have found a few that I like used on Ebay. That's were I need you guys help. I need your opinion on which buggy is the best deal for motor, parts availability and overall preformance. Used motors are supposed to be have great compression still. Thank you for any and all help, Ron

SORRY, Since I'm a newbie, I can't add the URL link yet.

Used Kyosho MP777 w/ OS .21 VZ-B, V-Spec. My top pick because I know OS motors, just don't know how parts will be since it's discontinued.

Used Ofna Ultra One w/ LRP ZR.30 Spec 2 Engine. 2nd pick.

New Jammin X1X RTR -stock

Slightly used-Ofna LX2 w/extra's. Stock

Thanks again for your help. I don't know if I'll get back into racing, I would like to at some point.
Old 05-14-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Look around the for sale section on this site. Some GREAT deals can be found. And since many people are racers here, they usually take better care of their stuff.
one8updragracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #3
Tech Addict

If I had to choose between those choices I would go with the Kyosho. Its still a great performing rig.
I would definitely shop around a bit if you can. I don't know your budget, but you can find some great deals on newer buggies on here.
Team Trinity
Miniracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the quick replys. I have been looking and researching new/used buggies for about three weeks now. I've been looking in the for sale section here also, don't know if members would sell to me with no sales history. My budget right now is $400. I would like to get the new buggies but, the used ones come with all of extras/upgrades that would take me awhile to purchase. Thanks again for your help, Ron.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to hustler777 Send a message via Yahoo to hustler777

is this for racing or bashing?? for racing i'd look into the x1x or the KY777....the other 2 make awsome bashers but not so hot on the track.....another road to look down is mugen.... good mbx5r's can be found pretty decently priced and parts are still made for them....kinda...99% of all the parts from a caster 1.5r are either identical or a little better
Old 05-14-2011, 10:34 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Have you thought about the Hyper 9 Pro RTR?
EL DOMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 12:41 AM   #7
Tech Initiate

Thanks for all the help. I like the MP777 & X1X also. I will be racing eventually, no bashing. The Hyper 9 RTR is outta my price range. I'm looking for a buggy under $400. I have been on here all day in the For sale section. I'm looking at a 2 month old Ofna Picco that I heard good things about. Also checking out Mugen. Thank's again for the help. Ron