R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-12-2011, 09:24 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default exceed 1/8 buggy

i was wondering what are your guys thoughts on the exceed 8 scale buggy's my buddy wants to buy one i don't know much about them

RC18B2 exotek battery strap and shock towers associated anti roll bars

future plans reedy 9500kv brushless kit
sickstang84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:30 PM   #2

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Your gonna get mixed reviews, some users will say their trash don't get em etc etc, however I've owned several exceeds in the past (all were nitro though) and to be honest they aren't crap like people state they are...... The only real downside is parts availability and warranty support etc.......... However the several exceeds I've owned held up just as great as my name brand rc's, so I say if he really wants to get an exceed then by all means go for it, but he has to factor in the negatives I stated above.....
ilanstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilanstylz View Post
Your gonna get mixed reviews, some users will say their trash don't get em etc etc, however I've owned several exceeds in the past (all were nitro though) and to be honest they aren't crap like people state they are...... The only real downside is parts availability and warranty support etc.......... However the several exceeds I've owned held up just as great as my name brand rc's, so I say if he really wants to get an exceed then by all means go for it, but he has to factor in the negatives I stated above.....
thanks man that's some great advice ill let him know

Old 05-12-2011, 11:17 PM   #4
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

One of the guys I run with bought a madfire, and something broke literaly everytime he ran it. I really can't think of one good thing to say about it. He then bought an rc8 rtr off another friend and hasn't broke a part since.
bevofrancis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 11:54 PM   #5
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk
Old 05-13-2011, 12:22 AM   #6
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast04STi View Post
Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk Junk
My thoughts exactly...You might as well take whatever money you were going to spend on it and set it on fire... Spend the little bit more on a decent kit and save the future headaches and financial burden.. hell.. Even get something used here on RCTech.. The experience will be much better.. When you blow a diff or break something on that Exceed junk, where do you go for spares? eBay? China? Some foreign website? lol .. You wont find any of those running at any 1/8th scale nitro race (If you do .. not for very long)
TailsNeon556 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:24 AM   #7
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailsNeon556 View Post
My thoughts exactly...You might as well take whatever money you were going to spend on it and set it on fire... Spend the little bit more on a decent kit and save the future headaches and financial burden.. hell.. Even get something used here on RCTech.. The experience will be much better.. When you blow a diff or break something on that Exceed junk, where do you go for spares? ebay? china? some foreign website? lol .. You wont find any of those running at any 1/8th scale nitro race
+1 don't do it. they might be halfway decent, but parts support is almost nonexistent. if you're gonna go with an exceed, pick up 2 or 3 of them to have plenty of spares.
I Support: Futaba--Holmes Hobbies--Savox--Castle Creations--Tekin
ohh EPiC FAiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 06:52 AM   #8
Tech Initiate

lol i get the picture guys i will tell him..i run a hyper 7 and i told him to get one of them i love my hyper 7

Old 05-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #9
Tech Elite

I would get something RACERS RACE.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:00 AM   #10
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
I would get something RACERS RACE.
ya well im gonna tell him to look on towerhobbies they got some good deals on there

Old 05-13-2011, 09:43 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickstang84 View Post
ya well im gonna tell him to look on towerhobbies they got some good deals on there
hum? I would look at Amain first.... find what I want then shop around. Tower is not the cheapest all the time.
just sayin.