R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-12-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
It's not possible for strangers to tell you which one will be better for you. Pick the one you want and get it. That's the only way you will be happy. I got a bunch of advise a couple of years ago and chose a buggy that I had to fight with for 2 years. Felt like the buggy was driving me instead of the other way around. When I chose a new one based on what I wanted with no outside influence I was allot happier and became allot faster also.
very well put jazz. All of can tell you this is better than that etc. its up to you what you want. both cars are great in their own respect. you cant really go wrong with either car. I like the agama due to the fact they are easy to talk to and get answers to questions etc. They have great price point as well so that helps. From what I have heard they dont break to often either so thats a huge plus. The mp9 is world champ and that says alot. look at their price still a great car. not sure about suport never dealt with them on the racing side of things. Anyways good luck and choose what you want!
Josh Pease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

That's what makes this hobby so expensive U always want more sheez Ive owned so many different kits cause people said it the BEST it will make U a better driver. Don't follow that path read the threads and make a selection if U don't like move on people have different driving styles but I must say the S811 is a very planted kit very forgiving if that's what your looking 4 yes it wasnt mentioned.

Also own the durnago that's a driver kit takes the right setup bu it can turn like no other.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ View Post
Yes there is a reason Kyosho is the world champ. And its only 10% the MP9.

tq, 1 and 3

what is fragible? if you mean fragile there are few cars as tough as a losi, some slop but i never really see them break. truggy may have a rear pinion issue but thats about it. the throttle servo death trap is not because its a fragile car. i have driven a losi and agama and the agama is similar looking but very different to drive, a lot more fun and a bit less edgy. i would get the agama w/motor and 2 servos for the price of the mp9 though.
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #19
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_blaze14 View Post
tq, 1 and 3

what is fragible? if you mean fragile there are few cars as tough as a losi, some slop but i never really see them break. truggy may have a rear pinion issue but thats about it. the throttle servo death trap is not because its a fragile car. i have driven a losi and agama and the agama is similar looking but very different to drive, a lot more fun and a bit less edgy. i would get the agama w/motor and 2 servos for the price of the mp9 though.
Well Ive heard from countless sources that Losis wear faster than some other cars. I dont think they break down completely its just a wear issue.

I love Serpent and Im probably never going to run anything else, but Im still going to say that the MP9 is without a doubt the best quality car you can buy today.
TLR 22 Toro 9.0kv Futaba BLS451
Futaba 4PK
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #20
Tech Lord

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
Well Ive heard from countless sources that Losis wear faster than some other cars. I dont think they break down completely its just a wear issue.

I love Serpent and Im probably never going to run anything else, but Im still going to say that the MP9 is without a doubt the best quality car you can buy today.
I would give that crown to XRAY not Kyosho, still it's not enough for me to drive an XRAY anymore
Old 05-12-2011, 04:34 PM   #21
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDRAZ View Post
Hi guys, I know this is a 1000000 question again, but anyway.
Im stuck between theese two cars, came from losi didnt like it.To much fragible. Which would be better choise for for my driving style. I like to push into the corners deep, i would like to have a lot of steering in tight turns with a lot of traction and the car who handle ruff terrain very well ( small bumps etc.).
Thanks for your infos
wait you think a losi is fragile ? Your going to hate every car on the market then if thats why you left, yes i run losi but anyone will tell you the losi is the toughtest car on the market but its because of the soft plastics which will wear faster but i will take replacing parts little more often then a DNF because a old/new arm broke in a main with a different vehicle. kyosho is a y fragile car, there is a reason tebo and king boil there stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
yes the losi wears faster then most but all cars wear out, the losi doesnt like to be nice and tight either which some guys like to keep and then they hate the losi because it handles like crap with a nice and tight car.

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You need to learn to setup your car to your driving style. The brand you run makes no difference. When you start comparing durability, car characteristics, etc you are splitting hairs. No car kit on the market will make you a better driver, no matter what people say about "car x likes to be driven hard". Learn to turn the wrenches and what each adjustment will do for you. Read and memorize the Hudy Setup guide. The fastest pros can be fast with any car because they know how to wrench and put in the track time (and they're gifted but that's beside the point).
Old 05-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRC4Me View Post
You need to learn to setup your car to your driving style. The brand you run makes no difference. When you start comparing durability, car characteristics, etc you are splitting hairs. No car kit on the market will make you a better driver, no matter what people say about "car x likes to be driven hard". Learn to turn the wrenches and what each adjustment will do for you. Read and memorize the Hudy Setup guide. The fastest pros can be fast with any car because they know how to wrench and put in the track time (and they're gifted but that's beside the point).
+1 none of the pros got fast overnight. Being fast takes patience and pratice. And here something to think about. Have you ever seen a real fast driver or even a pro switch cars often. No, their car is like an extension of the body and they know everything about their car. Just my $0.02
offroad dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offroad dude View Post
+1 none of the pros got fast overnight. Being fast takes patience and pratice. And here something to think about. Have you ever seen a real fast driver or even a pro switch cars often. No, their car is like an extension of the body and they know everything about their car. Just my $0.02
you hit the nail on the head. There isnt a buggy out there that cant win right now. Some just needs more attention than others. I will agree with what was said above, the losi is a very tough buggy. The only real high wear item is the front center universal
Old 05-12-2011, 08:24 PM   #25
Tech Prophet

heres, my opinion inless you really know how to really setup a diffrent manf that others dont run at the track than i wouldnt do it .

also, having parts for your buggy lets say on a race trailer or your lhs or others at the track really helps when you really need something !

now, the" kyosho m9" is nice but dam you need a big bank account to afford it but the quality is pretty good but the parts are not cheap.

i, did drive a "eight 1.0 buggy" and a "eight-t 1.0" and while they dont drive that bad the quickness of the wear on the drivetrain got on my nerves. the slop dint brother that much expect the play in the steering links when your trying to get your toe right on the front.

and, it wasnt cheap so i went with a "associated rc8t ce" and i like the way it drives you can drive them hard even though im still new to it i like the quality and the parts are a bit cheaper .

i never driven a rc8b so i dont know about them.

its all in what the driver likes and can afford !
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 01:29 PM   #26
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (86%+)

its hard to get a straightforward choice from anyone due to the biased nature or racers. just pic a car you like and can get parts for and run with it. plus like many here have said its the driver not the car, and lets not forget at the end of the day they are still just rc cars. its not like your sponsored and stuck with a car you dont like, just sell it and buy another one. plus another bonus thanks to this website i will never buy a brand new car again. there are way to many exteme deals on used cars to buy a new one.
yarbroughdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 07:04 PM   #27
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It always cracks me up laughing when someone at the local track who is just learning how to drive their first buggy (which is usually an OFNA of some sort or a Hot Bodies) sees me laying down some fast lap times and they will come up to me and say "Man I can't wait until I can afford a Kyosho MP9 like you so that I can be fast like you and also keep up with ya".lol

Yes the whole "It's all in the car" philosophy is retorted. Like mentioned it's more like 10%car 90%driver.

Now I picked the MP9 because I am a very aggressive driver and hate super smooth feeling cars if that makes sense. I like to feel my car when I jam it into a tight turn I don't know how to put it into words but a good comparison is when I first tried out the new Durango 1/8 scale buggy. It was too smooth for me I couldn't feel the bumps like with the MP9. So I chose the MP9 and it was a very wise decision. The Mugen simply just did not seem to steer as well but still an amazing buggy as well.

Pick the buggy that is right for you.
ShadowX is offline   Reply With Quote