Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Post Upgrade

Any one with some advice ,looking to up grade to 1/8 nitro buggy from my 1/10 ,looking at a losi 8ight2.0 rtr or may be a Ishima Rave M1.0 R or maybe a Hyper 7 any suggestions would be greatly apprecated
Old 05-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

pick the one with the most support around you.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopy68
Any one with some advice ,looking to up grade to 1/8 nitro buggy from my 1/10 ,looking at a losi 8ight2.0 rtr or may be a Ishima Rave M1.0 R or maybe a Hyper 7 any suggestions would be greatly apprecated
out of the 3 get the Losi RTR. The reason is simple, support. The hyper 7 is ok but support will be hard at the track.

I have not EVER been to a track and didnt see 40% Losi..... Thats alot of help and support.......Dont get that Rave thing.

There are a few good buggies out there. In the RTR section - nothings better than the losi.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Yep, you are looking the right direction. You can TQ the amain with the losi rtr out of the box minus tires and fluids, adding 2 clutch shoes. My brother has done it!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Bus
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not only that Losi rtr is probably the closest to a "race kit" that you can upgrade in the future. Id like to tell you the better deal would to buy a race roller and put your own servo's and motor in it. Not sure if it comes with the .26 or .21 motor.

However if your just starting off in Nitro the RTR is easy. And after you change it all out in a few months. You'll be happy with what you have plus the losi clutch IMO is the easiest to wrench on.

The Associated Rc8b rtr would be my next car. Both are decent and have pro's and cons. But these are also the two most popular that you will be able to get advice and tips on not to mention parts.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Default thanks

Thanks to those who responded with advice, was leanig towards the losi 8ight rtr just wanted to put my mind and my $800.00 to ease also it seems the easiest to get parts for down here in wollongong australia ,biggest problem I have is I only know of 2 tracks any where near me, Albion Park(wollongong) and liverpool (sydney) oh well , Thanks again
Old 05-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

The Losi is a great car to start out with and it will get you going right out of the box. It's all race legal and will roll for a little bit. Great car to get you started.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Give Micko a ring at RC Kinghobbies in Blacktown (8678 9142). I think he will also be at Albion park this coming Sunday. He can put you in the right direction.

One that you should have a good look at is the RB one. Based on the mugen and comes with everything you need to start off.

QUOTE=snoopy68;9084005]Thanks to those who responded with advice, was leanig towards the losi 8ight rtr just wanted to put my mind and my $800.00 to ease also it seems the easiest to get parts for down here in wollongong australia ,biggest problem I have is I only know of 2 tracks any where near me, Albion Park(wollongong) and liverpool (sydney) oh well , Thanks again[/QUOTE]