R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-05-2011, 11:02 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Questions?? losi eight t 2.0 or ofna jammin x2 t??

Hi guys.

Ok so I never really though about getting into racing. But last night me and a buddy of mine went to a track 10 min from my house to run our trucks. It was a blast while my rusty lasted. Can't wait to get my xxl fixed and out.

So after running for a few hours before my rusty broke. The guys who run at that track on the weekends came there and most of them had a eight t 2.0 and last night was the first time I ever saw on in person and I'm loving the way its set up and looks.

My question is what is your guys opion on the losi eight t 2.0 or the ofna jammin x2 t after watching the racing last night I'm really interested in getting into the racing game. I'm going to start racing my xxl too. But against revos with my xxl Probley not going to turn out right lol. What do you think will be a good start truggy out of thoes two.

I'm looking for easy mantince and long lasting. I know the losi can take a beating because some of these guys would smack the face of the jump or fly into a pole and not break a thing. So please any help will be much appreciated. What do you think about selling my xxl for one bad or good idea. Thanks to all who help once again and sorry for the long scattered post.
doug e fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic

This is a loaded question. Any of the major brands will work; losi, mugen, Kyosho, AE and some of the newer brands. I like the losi myself. Go to the track and run a few and see what you like, if the hobby shop has parts on hand this can be a big plus, or if the locals run the same thing. Sucks when you break a part and no one has a spare.
l3asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3asher View Post
This is a loaded question. Any of the major brands will work; losi, mugen, Kyosho, AE and some of the newer brands. I like the losi myself. Go to the track and run a few and see what you like, if the hobby shop has parts on hand this can be a big plus, or if the locals run the same thing. Sucks when you break a part and no one has a spare.
+1. except on the brand i prefer
Old 05-05-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug e fresh View Post
Hi guys.

Ok so I never really though about getting into racing. But last night me and a buddy of mine went to a track 10 min from my house to run our trucks. It was a blast while my rusty lasted. Can't wait to get my xxl fixed and out.

So after running for a few hours before my rusty broke. The guys who run at that track on the weekends came there and most of them had a eight t 2.0 and last night was the first time I ever saw on in person and I'm loving the way its set up and looks.

My question is what is your guys opion on the losi eight t 2.0 or the ofna jammin x2 t after watching the racing last night I'm really interested in getting into the racing game. I'm going to start racing my xxl too. But against revos with my xxl Probley not going to turn out right lol. What do you think will be a good start truggy out of thoes two.

I'm looking for easy mantince and long lasting. I know the losi can take a beating because some of these guys would smack the face of the jump or fly into a pole and not break a thing. So please any help will be much appreciated. What do you think about selling my xxl for one bad or good idea. Thanks to all who help once again and sorry for the long scattered post.
I prefer Losi as well. But you must consider location as well (hobby shop). I got sandwich bags full of parts. Sometimes I go to places where they have no parts or they have parts but not the ones you need at the moment.

I have owned the Losi Eight T and Buggy 2.0 since last year. Have yet to break anything. They are easy to clean and maintain. 4 screws and the entire radio tray comes right out.

Losi, Serpent, Schumacher, Ofna.... yea I got a little bit everything.
JayRC66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:18 PM   #5
Tech Prophet

does, your lhs sell associated parts for the "rc8b" and the" rc8t" if so i would remmend the rc8t ce if you want a truggy i like the way it" jumps" and "turns" compared to the eight-t.

it, has more turn in than you will ever need and off power steering also lol depending on the setup of course .

im, running the stock setup on it accept i changed the rear hub hinge pin height to the lower hole and use 7,10,3 diff setup and 2-degress toe out on the front.

i, owned a losi eight buggy and a "eight- t" truggy and i like the way the rc8t drives compared to them and the quality is better also if you ask me

i dont know about the rc8b since i never driven one.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
does, your lhs sell associated parts for the "rc8b" and the" rc8t" if so i would remmend the rc8t ce if you want a truggy i like the way it" jumps" and "turns" compared to the eight-t.

it, has more turn in than you will ever need and off power steering also lol depending on the setup of course .

im, running the stock setup on it accept i changed the rear hub hinge pin height to the lower hole and use 7,10,3 diff setup and 2-degress toe out on the front.

i, owned a losi eight buggy and a "eight- t" truggy and i like the way the rc8t drives compared to them and the quality is better also if you ask me

but you had the 1.0 truggy not 2.0 truggy, they are two totally different truggies....any new truggy is better than the 1.0 truggy IMO....

i say get the 2.0 truggy over the jammin X2 (im not a losi fan at all). i had a jammin x2 and its a great truggy, really easy to work on and setup and extremely durable but it takes a good amount skill to drive fast. the 2.0 is a little easier to drive fast and you said there are a bunch at the track so you will have setup help and more than likely parts if you need them. one advice if you go with losi is to have someone help shim the rear diff, they strip easily if not shimmed properly .
Mugen MBX7 Eco / LRP / Airtronics M11x
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaxey51 View Post
but you had the 1.0 truggy not 2.0 truggy, they are two totally different truggies....any new truggy is better than the 1.0 truggy IMO....

i say get the 2.0 truggy over the jammin X2 (im not a losi fan at all). i had a jammin x2 and its a great truggy, really easy to work on and setup and extremely durable but it takes a good amount skill to drive fast. the 2.0 is a little easier to drive fast and you said there are a bunch at the track so you will have setup help and more than likely parts if you need them. one advice if you go with losi is to have someone help shim the rear diff, they strip easily if not shimmed properly .

the, 1.0 t and the 1.0 eight buggy wasnt bad though for club racing i just got tried of how quick the drivetrain got sloppy and ware fast .

oh i know the 2.0 t and 2.0 eight buggy is completly diffrent .
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:52 PM   #8
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post

My hobby shop carries both. There are a lot of hobby shops around me we have mark twan checkered hobby a horizon hobby like 30min to an hour tops. So the parts I'm not worried about. Thanks to all who have replied to my questions.
doug e fresh is offline   Reply With Quote