Buggy, Truggy, SC, or Monster?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buggy, Truggy, SC, or Monster?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Tech Regular

I think your choice of going MT is a good choice.
I have both a Truggy (8T 2.0) and a MT (Revo 3.3) and I have come to the conclusion they DON'T compare on the same basis.
The 8T will not break easy but it's a bit hard to bash if you say you are looking at a Savage. If you say Savage I understand that you mean SERIOUS bashing and not just running on the lawn and out on the pavement in your neighborhood.
You mean BASHING!
Then a Revo or a savage will do the job PERFECTLY GOOD.
Think of the Revo as a blend between a Truggy and a MT and the Savage more like a pure Monster Truck, high and tall. None of these two break easily!
Of course they will fall apart now and then but not more then any other car you can beat up like it would be a rag doll.
Lately me and my friends have built a little home made track and we have realized that the Revo is OK on the track but not at all good. The Truggy is like a lisard on that track. The Revo is meant for the dirty bashing you get in a quarry or similar.
Then even one more step into bashing you have the Savage that is not even considered when it comes to the track, you will just get frustrated on the track, a bit too tall and flips over more easy.
Old 05-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Klimpen717
I think your choice of going MT is a good choice.
I have both a Truggy (8T 2.0) and a MT (Revo 3.3) and I have come to the conclusion they DON'T compare on the same basis.
The 8T will not break easy but it's a bit hard to bash if you say you are looking at a Savage. If you say Savage I understand that you mean SERIOUS bashing and not just running on the lawn and out on the pavement in your neighborhood.
You mean BASHING!
Then a Revo or a savage will do the job PERFECTLY GOOD.
Think of the Revo as a blend between a Truggy and a MT and the Savage more like a pure Monster Truck, high and tall. None of these two break easily!
Of course they will fall apart now and then but not more then any other car you can beat up like it would be a rag doll.
Lately me and my friends have built a little home made track and we have realized that the Revo is OK on the track but not at all good. The Truggy is like a lisard on that track. The Revo is meant for the dirty bashing you get in a quarry or similar.
Then even one more step into bashing you have the Savage that is not even considered when it comes to the track, you will just get frustrated on the track, a bit too tall and flips over more easy.
I think for any real track needs, my RC10GT2 will do me fine for right now. If I feel the urge to get more serious about it, I'll have to look into a buggy or something like that. I'm just looking for a pure basher right now.

Thanks.
Old 05-04-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

The savage is the best BASHER to handle any terrain and with a few mods nearly indestructable.
And even can be turned in a medium/good mt racer (it all depends on the driver though) for example the winning monstertruck was a savage driven/modded by savagesam from aussieland.
So who says a savage cant race check the youtube tv and see for your self.
But every rc will break on hard bashing so get one were you can easy get parts for so i think you cant go wrong with the savage cause most lhs got parts fot it.
Good luck finding the rc you want and most of all have fun bashing no matter what you get.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

A question about the Savage X 4.6. I've heard that this engine is really loud, and I'm wondering how it compares to the RC10GT2 with a .15X (or comparable engine)? I'm just trying to figure out if this is something that I'm going to be able to run around the yard, or if it's going to be exclusively a "take it somewhere to run it" kind of truck.

Thanks again - you guys have been very helpful!
Old 05-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I will take Truggy all the way.... I am a basher at heart and not MT will hold up or keep up to what I do...Truggies make amazing bashers IMHO...the Speed and performance just rock ! they are great on rough terrain, they climb sand hill extremely well........

here is just farting around in a construction site.... Winter just left and I didn't have anywhere more entertaining to run...but you can see a truggy crosses the rough stuff just fine...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2mcK8J1fMg
Old 05-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

the savage wil be 2x louder easy
truggy is very durable but you will need a starter box
I say, scour the internet for a good used gas powered hpi for thae same you will have invested in a MT OR Trugggy
Old 05-04-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Losi Eight T FTW...

Truggy is alot more forgiving and easier to drive not as twitchy as a buggy can be.