Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Tiger EK-4S2

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2011, 04:22 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Thunder Tiger EK-4S2

hey everyone
today i have bought a rc off road car , Thunder Tiger EK-4S2 , its a great car for low price that i got , the engine works perfectly but there is a lil problem with receiver/servos/elctrical , i dunno what is wrong just the receiver something is wrong with it. When i turn it on it doesnt work , when i put gas on nothing when im trying to turn wheels nothing happens, I have changed a receiver from my other car Tamiya mad spirit , and unfortunately it doesnt work

please help me , tell me what can be wrong with it. today and tomorrow is a bank holiday so all hobby shops are closed and i cannot do anything with car

please help me!
Old 05-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Tech Rookie

what do you think , servo?/receiver?
Old 05-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is the receiver battery fully charged?
Old 05-02-2011, 01:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Bengsch85
Is the receiver battery fully charged?
Everything is fully charged , tryed to swap batterys but nothing helped
Old 05-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Bypass the switch by plugging the battery straight into the receiver. Switches can fail out of nowhere and give you quite a headache trying to figure out whats wrong.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Bypass the switch by plugging the battery straight into the receiver. Switches can fail out of nowhere and give you quite a headache trying to figure out whats wrong.
hmm good idea but how do i do this , im not the best in elctrical stuff so tht is a problem and im going to hobby shop on wed so i dont like to wait >.< grrrrrrr
Old 05-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Generally the battery lead is plugged into a lead heading to the switch. Then from the switch a lead goes to your receiver. Unplug the battery lead and unplug the switch lead going into the receiver. Then plug the battery lead straight into the receiver. I hope thats easy enough to understand. If not let me know.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:18 AM
Tech Rookie

Generally the battery lead is plugged into a lead heading to the switch. Then from the switch a lead goes to your receiver. Unplug the battery lead and unplug the switch lead going into the receiver. Then plug the battery lead straight into the receiver. I hope thats easy enough to understand. If not let me know.
thanks anyways last night i have been looking at my car for 1 hour and i have worked out how to do it so it should be easy , thanks i will let you know if it works or not
Regards
Old 05-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Tech Rookie

ohh dude it is working ^^ im so so so happpppy , but i have noticed tht i need to change a servo ( giving power 1 ) because when i give some power to engine it go on full and i cannot put it back so it goes and goes on full >.<

im so scared of this car (POWER)
Old 05-03-2011, 04:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have this truck myself. I got it to have fun and it being different. Just make sure you tune the motor properly or else you'll mess the piston ring up. These motors like to run fat/rich on the needles and its almost a must to run the heli fuel. It has more lubrication since it comes with a higher oil content.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by -WikiLeaks_
ohh dude it is working ^^ im so so so happpppy , but i have noticed tht i need to change a servo ( giving power 1 ) because when i give some power to engine it go on full and i cannot put it back so it goes and goes on full >.<

One other to think of is that sometimes if your servos want to glitch like that it can be a sign that the receiver battery is not providing enough power even at full charge. It means that you would have to replace the battery. Im glad its working for you though!!
Old 05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Maxxingout
I have this truck myself. I got it to have fun and it being different. Just make sure you tune the motor properly or else you'll mess the piston ring up. These motors like to run fat/rich on the needles and its almost a must to run the heli fuel. It has more lubrication since it comes with a higher oil content.
yes tht is what im thinking i need to tune the motor but th thing is i dnt have experience in such a big engines and i dunno how to , i only had a tamyia one and i have tuned it and it works fine but this one is a monster :/
if u have any tuts how to do it pls send it
Old 05-05-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Rookie

something is still crap, i have bought a battery pack so i have a high power in the servos and im sure tht it is working , i have manage to tune the engine as lowest as i could :0 but 1 thingi first i start engine , and then it is working and running as a normal one and after about 20 to 30 second it just constantly goes on full power >.< i have no idea what is going on . i am thinking about puting a spring ( bigger one) into throttle because im a bit fed up with it -.- . i hope someone will help me
Old 05-06-2011, 07:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Today im going to buy a new servo (mayby depends if i get it ) and a heli petrol with about 30% of nitro and 20% of lubricants (or more im not sure ) :// lets see and hope its going to work ))
----------------------------------
So i have bought new throttle servo and guys what... the car is working finally

but there is another problem >.< the engine is giving so much heat and after a few mins a smoke is comeing out from engine
is this from a plug?? plug is to old?

and after few mins i have a lil problem i get too much power from engine while going slow or fast -.-
i have pics here if it could help cuz i think this might be a problem ------> please visit tht link this might help you in my case http://img862.imageshack.us/g/img0331w.jpg/

Last edited by -WikiLeaks_; 05-06-2011 at 10:20 AM.