Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RcRenew.com Aluminum chassis skid plates

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Are these countersunk on the chassis side to fit in where the countersunk screws originally went in? Just asking because if they aren't wouldn't they shift even a little bit where the countersink would pull them to the center of the holes.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

JQ's The Car skid plates would be nice....any plans on engine mounts?
Old 06-21-2011, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
i need for serpent cobra and cobra-T. Do you have them?

thx
Those are next in line right after the Jq plates which will be done in the next 2-3 days. so Check back in a couple weeks.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 06-21-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by madac
Are these countersunk on the chassis side to fit in where the countersunk screws originally went in? Just asking because if they aren't wouldn't they shift even a little bit where the countersink would pull them to the center of the holes.
No ther are no issues with that. We have been using these for our frineds and ourselves for years and have not had 1 issue with moving around.

The only thing would be if the screws th chassis come with are very short, then they may be too short when the skid is installed. but most of the time the factory scews work fine with all the models me have tested.

These aluminum plates last longer than the plastoc ones, and are more reliable in that they dont pull up or ripp off like the plastic type plates. But they still do wear out and will not last forever. BUt they are a good way to lenghten chassis life while still being reliable to race with as they wont pull off and ruin a race from them hanging down and dragging.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew
Old 06-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Medic RC8
JQ's The Car skid plates would be nice....any plans on engine mounts?
Jq plates will be ready in a coule days. We do have a lot of ideas but we got to do 1 thing at a time so its a slow process adding and designing new products. BUt we will have more stuff coming out.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 06-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

The Serpent S811 B&T and JQ "THE CAR" skid plates are now available on our website.

Thanks guys,
Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 07-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Working on the AGama skids in the next couple days. They should be done in the next week or so. So keep checking he website.

Lance
RcRenew.com
Old 07-17-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey Lance...

I need some skid plates for the Z10 or LRP S8BXRevo. I think in germany we have a good market for thoose plates for LRP-Buggys!
Old 07-17-2011, 10:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Speedy1980
Hey Lance...

I need some skid plates for the Z10 or LRP S8BXRevo. I think in germany we have a good market for thoose plates for LRP-Buggys!

I actually just switched to the Sh buggy and truggy. I am working on a design for it right now. Hopefully I will be finished with the final product in a few weeks. I have a few ideas I am going to try out before I make a decision on how the end product will be some there is some testing We must do before we finalize it.

BUt keep checking in, we will have some very soon

Lance
RcRenew
Old 07-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

how much longer these things last compared to the plastic ones? anyone knows?
Old 07-19-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

AGama plates will be available from our website on thursday 7-28 (thanks James for lending me a chassis)

The aluminum usually last about 3x longer. Just depends on how abrasive the track surface is. They still wear, but they are just not ever going to pull up or off from the chassis causing you a problem in a race. They are more reliable I guess you would say in a race.

Thanks,
Lance
RcRenew
Old 07-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
I need to get ahold of one so I can look at the chassis design.. But Im working on it

Lance
RcRenew
If you need to make one for Agama, just grab a Losi :P. JK, in all seriousness, I want to try these, I tried some before, but they were just to heavy. How do these compare in weight to the typical DE racing or TBONE Plastic ones?
Old 07-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcion
If you need to make one for Agama, just grab a Losi :P. JK, in all seriousness, I want to try these, I tried some before, but they were just to heavy. How do these compare in weight to the typical DE racing or TBONE Plastic ones?
I will be the first to admit that the Agama has many similarities with the Losi, but Agama Notched out the chassis for the rear skid plate so that the rear of the chassis never grinds down. The skid plate sits into a cut-out so it does not hang up on anything...its brilliant!. My original chassis got 18 gallons of fuel on it before I retired it

Lance, Please take a picture of the agama skid inset into the chassis cut-out. Thank you
Old 07-20-2011, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

weight is a little heavier ofcourse
you have to use longer screws too
Old 07-20-2011, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcrenew
AGama plates will be available from our website on thursday 7-28 (thanks James for lending me a chassis)
Awesome stuff, looking forward to these. About the only option I'm missing.

Lance have you ever thought about making aluminium chassis braces?

Originally Posted by Jaz240
Lance, Please take a picture of the agama skid inset into the chassis cut-out. Thank you
+1 ... If it's not too much trouble

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.