R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Help!! Lot of wobbling in 8t 2.0 wheels under on power steering (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/507287-help-lot-wobbling-8t-2-0-wheels-under-power-steering.html)

thekisscutken1 04-26-2011 10:27 AM

Help!! Lot of wobbling in 8t 2.0 wheels under on power steering

hello guys all of my endpoints are set correctly to maximum throw they can go to and it steers great off throttle. however when i begin to accelerate in or out of a turn the front wheels wobble terribly and it seems like it wants to go back straight. what i have done so far is change the rod ends and balls. some were sloppy but still no fix. also i notice the ackerman has a bit of play on one side so i went and ordered the king headz ackerman. i am hoping this helps. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. oh and also turning right seems to be worse than the left.

token 04-26-2011 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by thekisscutken1 (Post 9021591)
hello guys all of my endpoints are set correctly to maximum throw they can go to and it steers great off throttle. however when i begin to accelerate in or out of a turn the front wheels wobble terribly and it seems like it wants to go back straight. what i have done so far is change the rod ends and balls. some were sloppy but still no fix. also i notice the ackerman has a bit of play on one side so i went and ordered the king headz ackerman. i am hoping this helps. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. oh and also turning right seems to be worse than the left.

You need to tighten up that servo saver................

thekisscutken1 04-26-2011 12:16 PM

i run my servo saver at 2 1/2 turns out from fully in. is that too far out? i am running a hitec 7955tg servo

JAMMINKRAZY 04-26-2011 12:19 PM

Servo saver. Tighten it up! And if it's already tight you may need to replace the saver. What you're experiencing is definitely from a loose or worn out servo saver.;)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ank-Plastic-20

thekisscutken1 04-26-2011 03:25 PM

just how tight should i go with it?

jammin32j 04-26-2011 03:55 PM

I tighten mine up all the way. The one on my car is good for about 5 or 6 race weekends then it starts to get sloppy. Some brands last longer than others.

steve307b 04-26-2011 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by thekisscutken1 (Post 9022743)

It could be worn out like jammin said, but I tighten mine up alot. The blue thumb nut is almost a 1/4 '' off the chassis. I know that seems a little high but it turns on a dime on and off power. Just tighten it up and check it out. Your 7955 should be fine with a tightened saver. Once these trucks are set up where they turn and dont push they're amazing to drive!

token 04-27-2011 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by thekisscutken1 (Post 9022743)

I would replace. I would not advise running your servo saver all the way tight. Its made to protect your $100 servo.

bobbyblaze 04-27-2011 07:40 AM

have you check your bearings?

071crazy 04-27-2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by token (Post 9026309)
I would replace. I would not advise running your servo saver all the way tight. Its made to protect your $100 servo.

+1. That servo saver spring does wear quickly. Locking it down with an old spring might feel the same as a new spring with a looser setting. But, the old spring will not protect the servo.

thekisscutken1 04-27-2011 09:20 AM

so after weeks of trying to figure out what was causing all this i found out the the front a arms were both wobbling terribly and it was caused by both bolts going through front bumper and into front gearbox being broken in half!! installed new front gear box and screws and no more a arm slop!! cant wait to try it now. should def be the fix right

token 04-27-2011 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by thekisscutken1 (Post 9026873)
so after weeks of trying to figure out what was causing all this i found out the the front a arms were both wobbling terribly and it was caused by both bolts going through front bumper and into front gearbox being broken in half!! installed new front gear box and screws and no more a arm slop!! cant wait to try it now. should def be the fix right

WTH?

thekisscutken1 04-27-2011 10:24 AM

you know what i'm talking about? anyways it caused massive amounts of a arm wobble. basically the bolts were broken in half and barely holding the front end together

nadan805 04-27-2011 10:35 AM

Those same screws kept comming lose on my 8ight T and it was wobbly like your buggy on power. Gotta keep an eye on another thing now.:flaming:

jammin32j 04-27-2011 12:41 PM

Well at least you got it figured out.