R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
abqNitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 8-T 2.0..Which aluminum upgrades are actually worth getting?

Like that title says, which aluminum upgrades are actually worth getting for the 8-T 2.0?
abqNitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
Tech Elite
 
rider313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MN
Posts: 4,431
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Rear gear box inserts, alm servo arm and alm servo saver arm.
__________________
Dan Williams
MNRC Chairman
---Xray, RC America, Pro-Line Racing, FX Royal, Hudy, KO Propo, 92zero Designs, Vision Racing Products, RW-Mods, Team Loosenuts, forddesigns.net--- Big Thanks to: Wheel Brokers Track and Shop, Pine City MN~ "Stompy"
rider313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Tech Master
 
THE PHILLY JYNX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,308
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqNitro View Post
Like that title says, which aluminum upgrades are actually worth getting for the 8-T 2.0?
Rear hubs... unless u get the plastic ones custom done to use 8X16 outside bearings.
__________________
BuKu Performance Products
S&W Fuel
Team Sweep Racing Tires
AbsoluteHobbyz VP-PRO
THE PHILLY JYNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

What is needed:

Servo Saver Top, Aluminum: 8B/8T
(LOSA4441)

Servo Arm, Aluminum
(LOSA99030)

Suggested: NOT NECESSARY - Everything else is optional.

I did not leave out the rear bearing inserts. I dont run them. Always had a problem with them. The plastic ones are like 3 bucks and I just change them when needed.

I suggest the spindles in alum as the truck is heavy and they break.
Aluminum Inclined King Pin Spindle/12 Carrier Set
(LOSA1728)

Rear Hub Carriers, Aluminum: 8B, 8T 2.0 - I dont have problems with bearings, balance tires.
(LOSA1732)

Rear Shock Tower, V2: 8T 2.0
(LOSA1741)

Adjustable Front Hinge Pin Brace w/Inserts: 8B/8T
(LOSA1754)

Adjustable Rear Hinge Pin Brace w/Inserts: 8B/8T
(LOSA1755)
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Durability wise: Alum. rear gearbox bearing inserts, alum. servo saver arm, alum. steering servo horn. Rear hubs with 8x16 bearings highly recommended.

Performance wise: V2 rear shock tower, 10 degree inclined spindle carriers and inclined spindles, LRC rear adjustable pivots, front adjustable pivots. Split diff mount is pretty trick.

That would be my list.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:37 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Durability wise: Alum. rear gearbox bearing inserts, alum. servo saver arm, alum. steering servo horn. Rear hubs with 8x16 bearings highly recommended.

Performance wise: V2 rear shock tower, 10 degree inclined spindle carriers and inclined spindles, LRC rear adjustable pivots, front adjustable pivots. Split diff mount is pretty trick.

That would be my list.
What does the 10 degree inclined parts help with on the truck? I've been toying with the idea of getting a set for both the truck and the buggy. not sure whether to get the 10 or 12. Don't wanna make the wrong decision since they are expensive! I hear you have to take the dremel to the 10's?
__________________
Losi 8ight T 2.0 - Mugen Ninja
Mugen Eco - Tekin 1900KV RX8
Byrons 30%
Spektrum
Proline/J Concepts/AKA
bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
What does the 10 degree inclined parts help with on the truck? I've been toying with the idea of getting a set for both the truck and the buggy. not sure whether to get the 10 or 12. Don't wanna make the wrong decision since they are expensive! I hear you have to take the dremel to the 10's?
It's kinda hard to explain what they do. To me they make the cars easier to drive. They have just as much steering as the stock plastic parts if not more, but they are more controlled. It seems like they make the steering more smooth controlled to me, but you don't sacrifice any steering. Like they allow you to carry more corner speed without getting loose. That's as best as I can explain it.

You have to dremel the spindles to give you the same steering throw as stock. I'm pretty sure that's the case when you're using either the 10 or 12 degree carriers, but I've only used the 10's. The newer spindles come with a bit more throw than the first batch did, but they still aren't as much as stock.

Here's a pic. Stock is 13.5mm. You dremel them to 11mm.

__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 614
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

more corner speed without getting loose. I could use that!
__________________
Losi 8ight T 2.0 - Mugen Ninja
Mugen Eco - Tekin 1900KV RX8
Byrons 30%
Spektrum
Proline/J Concepts/AKA
bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:30 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
pyromania's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Hills, CA
Posts: 1,283
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

I just installed some 10* spindles on my truck, and they have the same throw as the stock plastic ones. No dremeling needed. The steering EPA stayed completely the same as the stock ones.
__________________
Jesse Carrillo
Team Driver For:
TLR | Horizon Hobby | Nitrotane | Spektrum | HandleITHobbies | 818 Designs
pyromania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:41 PM   #10
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromania View Post
I just installed some 10* spindles on my truck, and they have the same throw as the stock plastic ones. No dremeling needed. The steering EPA stayed completely the same as the stock ones.
That's funny, I have a set from when they first came out that measures 13.5mm and a newer set that I just got that measures 12.5mm. Stock plastics measure a bit over 11mm.

Anyway the measurement should be 11mm if you want max throw.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
Tech Adept
 
ghost68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 208
Default

Personally If I had to do it all again I would only get the following (In order of importance)

LOSA5420 15mm Shock Caps Top (If you have a RTR)
LOSA4441 Servo Saver Top, Aluminum and an Aluminum Servo Horn
LOSA1728 Aluminum Inclined King Pin Spindle/12 Carrier Set
LOSA1741 Rear Shock Tower, V2
LOSA9155 Quick Change Engine Mount Set
LOSA3538BL Covered 17mm Wheel Nuts, Alum, Black
LOSA5421 15mm Shock Caps Bottom

Maybe the rear hubs but the plastics last a good while and are cheap!
__________________
------------------------------------------------
-Dustin Bullard
***HoBao Hyper Star/JL .21PRO/2047/Savox/AKA***
I would like to say Thanks to my sponsors: Team OFNA and Sidewinder Fuel
ghost68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:51 PM   #12
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
What is needed:

Servo Saver Top, Aluminum: 8B/8T
(LOSA4441)

Servo Arm, Aluminum
(LOSA99030)

Suggested: NOT NECESSARY - Everything else is optional.

I did not leave out the rear bearing inserts. I dont run them. Always had a problem with them. The plastic ones are like 3 bucks and I just change them when needed.

I suggest the spindles in alum as the truck is heavy and they break.
Aluminum Inclined King Pin Spindle/12 Carrier Set
(LOSA1728)

Rear Hub Carriers, Aluminum: 8B, 8T 2.0 - I dont have problems with bearings, balance tires.
(LOSA1732)

Rear Shock Tower, V2: 8T 2.0
(LOSA1741)

Adjustable Front Hinge Pin Brace w/Inserts: 8B/8T
(LOSA1754)

Adjustable Rear Hinge Pin Brace w/Inserts: 8B/8T
(LOSA1755)
+1 except I like the KHZ toe plates, they are not adjustable but they will not break an insert either.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:01 PM   #13
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
+1 except I like the KHZ toe plates, they are not adjustable but they will not break an insert either.
Don't hit $hit!
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Don't hit $hit!
We drive in the demolition derby around here and thats just the way it is. The most famous line is and I do quote

"I never know when I hit someone, I only know when someone hits me"


So now I have to run from them with the 6T its not as durable as the losi was.
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:14 PM   #15
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
We drive in the demolition derby around here and thats just the way it is. The most famous line is and I do quote

"I never know when I hit someone, I only know when someone hits me"


So now I have to run from them with the 6T its not as durable as the losi was.
There's a solution to that...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...gy-Race-Roller

__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The TLR 22 Guide Thread Muggydude Electric Off-Road 62 10-24-2015 09:08 PM
Hobby Closet Cleanup Ver 2.0 cheesewhip R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 71 06-10-2011 08:27 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:24 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net