R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

are you serious frank? But the quality of matierials and craftmanship is some of the best i have ever seen.

Man i hope i get at least 4 gallons. Guy i race with only got about 4 out of his as well.

But then again same can be said for every motor.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
are you serious frank? But the quality of matierials and craftmanship is some of the best i have ever seen.

Man i hope i get at least 4 gallons. Guy i race with only got about 4 out of his as well.

But then again same can be said for every motor.
If that was "the norm" Kortz would be running a new engine every 2-3 weeks or so because that is about how long it takes him to run 4 gallons of fuel lol. So I can definitely say that it is not "the norm". Plus you would have about 300 pages of pissed off people posting on the B5 thread which you also donnit see. So I would not pay too much head to that kind of stuff. The B5 & B6 have not been 2 of the best selling engines in the US for over a year because they wear out quickly lol!
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 11:01 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to VWVR6_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Hopefully these new and improved engines will withstand the test of time. I race with a few guys that use to run werks and they go through 2-3 engines to my 1. I have never ran a werks engine so I only know what I see happen. They are much more visually appealing than the previous versions.
I do know I have more than 5 gallons. Same thing I can said about your OS, I have a few of my friends that ran OS... . Maybe your OS is not been push hard enough, lol. Any of this new engines can hold over 5 gallons, the problem is not the engine is the tool tuning the engine.
QUOTE by FLHX1550 "The Werks B5 is kind of a legend"
VWVR6_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 06:52 AM   #19
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

BOOM! Goes the dynamite!

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:16 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
If that was "the norm" Kortz would be running a new engine every 2-3 weeks or so because that is about how long it takes him to run 4 gallons of fuel lol. So I can definitely say that it is not "the norm". Plus you would have about 300 pages of pissed off people posting on the B5 thread which you also donnit see. So I would not pay too much head to that kind of stuff. The B5 & B6 have not been 2 of the best selling engines in the US for over a year because they wear out quickly lol!
We see 8+ gallons Werks all the time, they are fantastic engines without any issues at all, best bang for the buck out there!
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 09:40 AM   #21
Tech Adept

I just hit 6.5 gallons on my B5 on the original P/S/R and Bearings and it still has too much power . I will definitely be getting one of these Pro engines soon!
I would like to say Thanks to my sponsors: Team OFNA and Sidewinder Fuel
ghost68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #22
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

my b5 finally went out on me, however this was 12 gallons on the latest rebuild. New bearings, p/s/r.
prior to the rebuild it had 9 gallons on it. they are top quality, great power, and worth every penny.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotkarter77 View Post
my b5 finally went out on me, however this was 12 gallons on the latest rebuild. New bearings, p/s/r.
prior to the rebuild it had 9 gallons on it. they are top quality, great power, and worth every penny.
LOL. I just don't believe this at all. No one I ask at the 4 tracks I run at in Louisiana would tell me they get 9 or 12 gallons on any brand motor. The fastest guy in the state that I know of who is full ride Associated gets like 6 gallons on his OS Speeds. Do people just think they ran that much fuel thru the motor? Label your gallons!
Spektrum
Proline/J Concepts/AKA
bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:10 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

What exactly does the new PRO engines add? THe original B5/B6 already have an insulated carb on em.
ntrain42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #25
Tech Master

Quote:
Hopefully these new and improved engines will withstand the test of time. I race with a few guys that use to run werks and they go through 2-3 engines to my 1. I have never ran a werks engine so I only know what I see happen. They are much more visually appealing than the previous versions.
Hey Boo, I think you just blew your credibility.
nitroexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
What exactly does the new PRO engines add? THe original B5/B6 already have an insulated carb on em.
Lightened crank, ceramic bearings, CNC backplate, black case, low cg head, and the new insulator.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacchus View Post
LOL. I just don't believe this at all. No one I ask at the 4 tracks I run at in Louisiana would tell me they get 9 or 12 gallons on any brand motor. The fastest guy in the state that I know of who is full ride Associated gets like 6 gallons on his OS Speeds. Do people just think they ran that much fuel thru the motor? Label your gallons!
Some people just run their motors to hard, while others don't.

I had an old STS engine that I retired after more than 10 gallons(I stopped keeping score), with only a carb replacement and bearing change done to it. One of the best engines I've ever had.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:28 PM   #28
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
What is wearing out on them exactly ? I have sold a couple hundred of the Werk's engines and have not really seen to many issues with them not lasting...Now of course some fail early, but almost always those failures can be accounted for with outside reasons....I mean the materials are top notch in them, the cranks are very hard, the bearings are good and the piston/sleeeve materials are every bit as good as OS......I have seen a few that needed to be pinched a little early, but those usually show signs of taking in dust...A couple had front bearings that needed to be replaced, front bearings can go out on any engine, and do go out on every engine...But only 1 that showed any substantial crankpin wear, and that engine took in a pile of debris as the crank was heavily scored up......Now if a front bearing is done they wont run right, but that is an easy fix, and if they lose compression a little early thats also a very easy fix.....But lets be realistic these same things can happen to any engine, and are 99 % of the time the issues are caused from outside factors......We do not see these engines blowing rods, breaking cranks or pistons, nor do we see them having the crankpins going out of round.......Let me tell you that we have screamed the living hell out of these Werk's engines and they have held up to everything we have thrown at them, and at the same time delivered performance and runtimes that are excellent.....

To put proof to pudding I am still running the very first B5 that I modified...this engine has been pounded on since day 1...Dyno tested to 40 -45 000 RPM at least 2 dozen times..Ran in both Buggy and Truggy.....Raced for most of last season...And bashed by me, which means wide open runs full pickle as much as I could..... I have pinched the engine twice, replaced the bearings once, as well just recently replaced the rod....The crank shows 0.001 " wear on the crankpin, and other then that runs as good today as it did when it was new.... Oh I also did replace a couple of O-Rings in the carb this winter just to be safe........Now I can't ask for anything more from a engine....
Old 04-26-2011, 01:46 PM   #29
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I would have to say that everyone would have to take into consideration that some of the problem is the tuning experience. I would have to say that first time nitro drivers (Tuners) are going to buy the less expensive engine for their first time and it is very easy to stick up a post and say something is a piece of shit after they fill it with fuel and pin it without a proper break in and or constantly running a poor tune. On the other hand someone that drops the extra on the higher price line of motors is going to be a little more respectful as they probably have burned up a motor or 2. The B6 PRO looks like it is going to be a great engine regardless of cost. Looks great as well.
Old 04-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

You just can't go wrong with a Werks Engine!!!

I would have been the first to put Werks engine down because of a Incident I had with a B5.

But I'll tell you that Ron provides the best customer service in the R/C engine industry...... bar none!!!!

You can tell that Ron takes so much pride in what he sells that he'll defend it till the end!!

Don't hesitate to buy a Werks....you can't go wrong!!!

I've been running mine for about 2 gallons and it is an amazing engine. I'm getting about 9-10min run times temping at about 205-220*. Has all the power you need. Running against NOVA's, ALPHA's, B01's, PICCO'S and the B5 has no problem pulling away.

Just thought I'd share my experience. I at least owe that to Ron for the great customer service and product he provides.

Alex
arm2storm is offline   Reply With Quote