Wiki Posts
Search

Throtle issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 08:24 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Throtle issue

Looking for some quick advice. My throtle servo recently started to "stick" in the brake position when I engage the brakes in my 6T. I am running a Hitech 7955 that is almost brand new and a Futaba 3 PMX with the 603FS revceiver.

I put another servo in today and confirmed that it is not a servo related issue. I removed the receiver box cover and watched the receiver light stay green the entire time I engaged the brakes and the "sticking" still happened.

Anyone else had this issue? Could it be related to my transmitter?

I am clueless at this point.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

first i would check over all the break linkages/throttle linkages.. see if one of them is catching on the top center mount plate.. the end peice on the break rods like to catch the top plate.. they seem to drop over the edge when you hit the breaks.. this is fixed by the break levers need to be repositioned.. some where to start.. jeremy
Old 04-22-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Default throttle

Check the screw that holds down your carb ,It may of moved and causing your slide to stick ,also look at you linkage just in case if you havent already .un hook it from you carb and see if it still does it .hope this helps .

Last edited by Bjeepn; 04-22-2011 at 08:34 PM. Reason: mis spelled word
Old 04-22-2011, 08:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The linkages move freely and there is no binding. The issue does not happen all the time but always at the worst time. Today my 6T was mid air over a large triple and all of a sudden the brakes engaged causing the nose to dive and my truck to smash right into the back of the final hill.

Other times when I am coming into a corner I hit the brakes and they will stay engagged for 2-3 seconds after I have already pulled the trigger on my transmitter. I really think it is some sort of electrical glitch.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hookem34
The linkages move freely and there is no binding. The issue does not happen all the time but always at the worst time. Today my 6T was mid air over a large triple and all of a sudden the brakes engaged causing the nose to dive and my truck to smash right into the back of the final hill.

Other times when I am coming into a corner I hit the brakes and they will stay engagged for 2-3 seconds after I have already pulled the trigger on my transmitter. I really think it is some sort of electrical glitch.
yes it does.. sounds like you are going into fail safe.. change receiver.. do you run a switch?? turn car on and wiggle switch, wires and any connection point... i think a broken wire under heat shrink.. bad switch.. loose terminal on a connector.. bad receiver.. some things to check.. jeremy

Last edited by J.Whiting; 04-22-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Mine would stick wide open throttle. Checked everything all seemed fine. Still did it, changed switch still did it on occasion. Changed remote from 5.5 ms to 11 ms and havnt had a problem since.......
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Hitec servos require a lot of power... Could just be radio glitching because of low power causing the servos to lock up... Try a power cap... Spectrum has one for like $6...
Old 04-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sounds like RX is going bad I had a 603 do kind of the same thing but mine was stuck WOT. I replaced the RX and problem went away. I think it does it when the rx gets hot. That's why it doesn't do it all the time just every now and then. Try that and let us know.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Looking for some quick advice. My throtle servo recently started to "stick" in the brake position when I engage the brakes in my 6T. I am running a Hitech 7955 that is almost brand new and a Futaba 3 PMX with the 603FS revceiver.

I put another servo in today and confirmed that it is not a servo related issue. I removed the receiver box cover and watched the receiver light stay green the entire time I engaged the brakes and the "sticking" still happened.

Anyone else had this issue? Could it be related to my transmitter?

I am clueless at this point.
electronics issue, start with removing the on/off switch, then check all rx connections, battery connections then move to tx.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default one more thing....

Check the carb. Sometimes it helps if you take it apart and check for burrs and so on. I've seen a few carbs get over opened by closing the idle scre too much or the angle is weird on the carb. Did you try rebinding your radio?
Old 04-23-2011, 04:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

How old is your battery? Iv started to notice my battery is going dead sooner now n when it gets weak I start losing signal every now n then, put in a new battery n no problems.

Edit add battery I use is losi 2200 lipo pack. Starts glitching at 45 minutes to n hour n then is done but the battery has had over 35 cycles. It's getting old old. Best battery on the market tho it's lasted longer n when there new I can get half gal of running in a day on one battery life.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I know it sounds crazy, but try a different radio. I had the DX3.0 with 7955 servos with lipo and had a similar issue a few months ago and it drove me nuts, it ended up being a problem with the trigger on my controller. sent the radio to horizon and problem solved, it sounds strange but give it a try.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:20 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Thanks for all the great advice!

I recenty switched to HRS mode so I will go back to the slower frame rate and see if that helps. If not, I will check out the switch. Carb slide is good and battery is fully charged when issue occurs but I have not chcked the wires from the battery.

Thanks!