Kyosho Mini-Inferno 09 Question...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Mini-Inferno 09 Question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Default Kyosho Mini-Inferno 09 Question...

Hey guys,

I have a Kyosho Mini-Inferno 09, and it has been acting a little weird and I am not sure what is wrong with it. I think I may have blown my clutch because it just sits there, and I hear a hissing noise...but I know its not any of my diffs because I checked all of them and none of the gears are stripped or anything...so am I correct? Or what ways can I tell if my diffs are stripped or I need new clutch shoes? Please Help !
Old 04-21-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Regular

Can somebody please help me out here? I have seen 21 people look at this thread and I know I have looked at it atleast three so i know people are checking it out =/
Old 04-21-2011, 01:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TEXT
Can somebody please help me out here? I have seen 21 people look at this thread and I know I have looked at it atleast three so i know people are checking it out =/
alot if people here are not that familar with mini infernos, try thetoyz.com, theyare like "mini" crazy there and are sure to help you out
Old 04-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Tech Regular

It doesnt matter if it is a mini or not to be honest...all nitro cars tend to be the same...but im talking about a clutch which pertains to the rest of these nitro powered rc cars...
Old 04-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Tech Addict

It doesnt matter if it is a mini or not to be honest...all nitro cars tend to be the same...but im talking about a clutch which pertains to the rest of these nitro powered rc cars...
just trying to help, alot of members on thetoyz are on ALOT so... up to you though
Old 04-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

I see thousands of posts here and also pages worth of content, and I know that a lot of racers nation wide use this website...I think I should be able to get some help here seeing that most clutches and diffs are similar, so it relates to a buggy...in my eyes...I think it doesnt matter where I go...i trust this site more than any other site and professional racers use this site the most...yet those are my assumptions...but thank you for giving me other options as to going to another site, where as i dont think that i need to! And thank you for responding to my messages...and for all of you sorry if it seems like i am being rude, I am just a straight forward kind of person :P!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Without seeing it, my guess would be that something is messed up with one of the clutch shoes. Maybe the noise is coming from the clutch spring slightly grinding away on the motor shaft. Just a guess though. I have two 09's and havent had a problem like that.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default title

Check the clutch and clucth bell. If the differentials were bad you should see the center shafts turn and no move, less you put the cars on the stand then it will move a little.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Okay thanks guys...maybe i should post a video on here that shows what i am hearing and also thinking ...so did you race your mini 09's??
Old 04-23-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Okay thanks guys...maybe i should post a video on here that shows what i am hearing and also thinking ...so did you race your mini 09's??
I never raced my 09's, but I always run them for just for fun on a track. In fact, the track I ran them the most at was an 8th scale track in Saint Louis. It was fun launching my 09's off of 6 foot jumps on that track. It was a little rough for such a small car, but it handled it well. Heres a couple of pics for a couple of years ago.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Yeah i actually took the diff. apart and it was a bad gear, so now im looking for the part IH226 which is a diff gear set and it is all metal gears since it is a nitro thats what im looking for...but thank you guys for all of the help you guys are awesome! Cool pictures, I will have to post some of mine...they are currently on my facebook...borrowed my girlfriends camera haha!