R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #16
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would just go and talk to him and see if he was actually pissed off to begin with and chances are that he was probably just fired up over his vehicle running like crap! I had that happen last year coming out of the straight to the triple on our track, I went outside to cut the corner and a newbie smashed into the the back right tire and took out my hub and smashed up the front of his buggy, I was pissed but he talked to me and we had a good laugh and shit happens. As for driving off after hitting him I don't see why you can't but etiquette for it is to keep going and I'm sure he would do the same. If he's a good guy it's most likely behind him and the next time he should have some etiquette by getting out of the way of faster traffic but don't sweat it, it's all in good fun.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #17
Tech Master

Our team name and modo.

FISH-DO

F*** It Sh** Happens - Drive On
Baby Car!!!!!!!
killabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:54 AM   #18
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Show up at your next race day with that 300 Remington Ultra Mag over you shoulder (300rum) I dont think anyone will be upset with you in the future!!!! and if thats not what it stands for go get yourself one.....You'll be just fine!!!
AbsoluteHobbyz VP-PRO
THE PHILLY JYNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:40 AM   #19
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would applaud you for being in the top 5% (1%?) that even thinks about being courteous, and what exactly that means. We need more people that do that.

Because you're thinking about it and paying attention, I can pretty much guarantee you're not "that guy". So I would say relax and keep up the good work.

It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong, it was just an accident, and it's highly questionable if that accident really was what caused his flameout....especially if he got the car re-started. Most things that I can think of that would cause a car to die from an impact would leave the car dead for the heat. (broken clutchbell, exhaust spring, motor mount, etc)

My 2 cents:
- lots of racers think they are faster than they are, and can't deal with the reality of that when they see it on the printout
- when they have a poor result, it "can't be their fault"
- I've seen people blame tires, engines, car, marshals, other racers, even the track. ("this track always breaks my car, I'm never coming back here...." WTF - someone took first place, someone was better than you on the same track, and their car survived fine)
- as far as this guy yelling at the marshal - there's problem #1
- yelling at the marshal to bring his car to the pit - there's problem #2, it is NOT the marshal's responsibility to get your car to pit lane, it's his pit man's.
- his pit guy wandered off - not your problem, and if he wants to be consistently fast he'll get a consistent pit guy

I notice the guys who are consistently win manage all of these variables quietly and consistently every race.

The guys who randomly finish are the ones who are complaining. They are just getting lucky from time to time, and then complaining when that luck doesn't magically appear at the next race.

Managing all the variables is what makes nitro racing fun for me. It's more like real racing. If someone complains that "hey I would have won if not for my engine flaming out"......in the back of my mind I think...."yea, but it did, and that's your fault, go figure out how to keep that from happening next time!"

Don't let this stuff ruin your day, there will always be a winner and a whiner at every race!
aray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aray View Post
I would applaud you for being in the top 5% (1%?) that even thinks about being courteous, and what exactly that means. We need more people that do that.

Because you're thinking about it and paying attention, I can pretty much guarantee you're not "that guy". So I would say relax and keep up the good work.

It doesn't sound like you did anything wrong, it was just an accident, and it's highly questionable if that accident really was what caused his flameout....especially if he got the car re-started. Most things that I can think of that would cause a car to die from an impact would leave the car dead for the heat. (broken clutchbell, exhaust spring, motor mount, etc)

My 2 cents:
- lots of racers think they are faster than they are, and can't deal with the reality of that when they see it on the printout
- when they have a poor result, it "can't be their fault"
- I've seen people blame tires, engines, car, marshals, other racers, even the track. ("this track always breaks my car, I'm never coming back here...." WTF - someone took first place, someone was better than you on the same track, and their car survived fine)
- as far as this guy yelling at the marshal - there's problem #1
- yelling at the marshal to bring his car to the pit - there's problem #2, it is NOT the marshal's responsibility to get your car to pit lane, it's his pit man's.
- his pit guy wandered off - not your problem, and if he wants to be consistently fast he'll get a consistent pit guy

I notice the guys who are consistently win manage all of these variables quietly and consistently every race.

The guys who randomly finish are the ones who are complaining. They are just getting lucky from time to time, and then complaining when that luck doesn't magically appear at the next race.

Managing all the variables is what makes nitro racing fun for me. It's more like real racing. If someone complains that "hey I would have won if not for my engine flaming out"......in the back of my mind I think...."yea, but it did, and that's your fault, go figure out how to keep that from happening next time!"

Don't let this stuff ruin your day, there will always be a winner and a whiner at every race!
Sooo funny....just like real racing....if you didn't finish, its your fault....if you flame out,its your fault..lol.....if the tires are not hookingits your fault for choosing the wrong tire or not having the money to buy a new set.....don't crawh and you won't have to yell at the marshall
RcRenew.com and TritonRc.com~Lucky7~Eazyrc.com
Venom-Group~Upgrade-Rc and TrackstarRc.com
deadmancourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Nothing worse then running a wicked line for a few laps only to realize you had your eye on someone else's car, and you were so focused on driving yo didn't pay attention to the crazy truggy cutting across the track hitting everything in sight !
That is awesome Neal.. Personal experience? JK LOL
Old 04-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #22
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utah300rum View Post
I ran my first Nitro race last week with my RC8b....I have raced electric for a year and have learned the etiquette for electric...if you spin someone out you wait etc. I consider myself an average driver and pretty curteous.

I was racing my buggy and came into a set of jumps after a turn where you have to gain some speed to clear them...they are right after a "s" turn close to the driver stand so you cant really see whats coming.

I am guessing a buggy had spun out or had to slow down for some reason and I ran right into the back of him.....pretty hard.....he could not have been going very fast at all...it was a HARD collision.

I spun out then pulled to the side then noticed the marshal had picked up his buggy...it had died...so I took off. I really didnt think much of it especially since his buggy had died twice at the start of the race while lining up and once in the middle of it before I hit him....it didnt seem to be running too well.

Later I was told he was very pissed at me for hitting his buggy and killing his engine.....I really didnt think much of it since if I get hit in the rear after trying to get back into a race...I figure if anything it was my fault....I was stopped or off the usual pace for that section of the track.

I have 2 questions

#1- Is it my bad for hitting a slow moving vehicle in the back......in a fast section of the track?

#2-Whats the etiquette if you do hit someone and their engines die?
yup, i'll bet he tells everybody he was in the bump spot until you "took him out" too right? he's just looking for someone else to blame. don't give it too much thought. unless you're known as an intentional dirty driver you can't be blamed. its just rc cars in the end.
AKA, Proline, Hotbodies Rubber
Elite Performance - HORRC.com
j_blaze14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:07 PM   #23
Tech Regular

back in the day when I ran alot of electric offroad and Nitro offroad durring the year. I would spend most of the hotter weather months racing only nitro and the in the winter racing electric (mostly getting ready for the Reedy Race), one think I noticed on my driving was after racing nitro all summer with long main events, going back to electric I was way too patient in the races and passing mostly. Obviously you only had 4-5min mains verses 20min to an hour nitro mains. In nitro it pays off to patient and electric its hard to be patient since the mains are soo much shorter
chad bradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #24
Tech Regular

You hit it.............Remington 700 in 300RUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE PHILLY JYNX View Post
Show up at your next race day with that 300 Remington Ultra Mag over you shoulder (300rum) I dont think anyone will be upset with you in the future!!!! and if thats not what it stands for go get yourself one.....You'll be just fine!!!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:54 PM   #25
Tech Regular

I hope I am curteous......I pull over when I wipe someone out.....I never wipe them out intentionally.

I will admit I get tunnel vision when I am doing well.....I am so nervous I am gonna screw up I too focused on my truck and am less aware of the vehicles around me......when I am sucking badly I am usually more aware since I am usually watching for the leaders to pass me.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm sure each one of us have raced long enough... or even not that very long, we have all been hit by someone or have hit someone accidentally or unintentionally. During the heat of the moment and adrenalin rushing it's understandable to react but to begrudge somebody for something accidental and unintentional is a childish behavior... get over it, get over yourself, move on, have fun and enjoy the friendship and camaraderie of your fellow racers, isn't this the reason we all got into the hobby?

Last edited by krash'um; 04-22-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: edit
krash'um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 02:45 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to NitroFreakManHo Send a message via Skype™ to NitroFreakManHo

You did all that you could do, don't sweat it. If this guy really is a good guy, he'll get over it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy View Post
Proper Etiquette would have been for the guy that flaimed out on the track to yell out where his car is. WATCH THE TRIPPLE! or WATCH THE STRAIGHT!!! I also think the guys full of it saying you hitting his car caused it to flame out. In the 20 plus years I've been racing RC, I've n
ever seen a car's engine turn of from being struck.

I think you just ID the track whiner.
+1 I agree
**M2C**Hitec 7955TG Servos**Buku Clutch
www.apaarchery.com www.skoffroad.ca www.youtube.com/nitrofreakmanho
NitroFreakManHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 03:12 PM   #28
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Nothing worse then running a wicked line for a few laps only to realize you had your eye on someone else's car, and you were so focused on driving yo didn't pay attention to the crazy truggy cutting across the track hitting everything in sight !
OMG that was a good laugh Neil.

This wasn't your fault if anything the director should have announced flame out. I get hit all the time some people just don't get sportsmanship their will always be poor losers > like this guys. blaming others cause they cant drive, wrench, setup etc etc isn't your issue.

Last big race my receiver glitched railed another racer Amain it was hard hit knocked him out of the race. After the race I walked up and apologized it was my fault > sportsmanship. Don't apologize its not necessary he flamed out he should be understanding.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:31 AM   #29
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yeah dont sweat it hes prob. over it sounds like just a heat of the moment kind of thing maybe hes even laughing now. besides if you jacked him and his junk flamed what was going to happen when he took the next jump all wheezin stuff and by the way electric drivers are better and do have more eddicate
the mighty thor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #30
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmancourt View Post
...its also a must to pull over for the leaders and faster guys
Surely not? You dont see forumla one back markers pull over when webber or whover is behind them, they keep their line. If they are any good they can get around you, try not to hit them though lol.
jaydee1 is offline   Reply With Quote