Wiki Posts
Search

Better performance through sports psychology

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Better performance through sports psychology

hello everyone. i wanted to see if there would be any interest in a self help cd for rc racing. i have been a college coach for years and i love rc and racing. i have used sports psychologists for my teams and seen a huge improvement in personal performance. i myself was lucky enough to work with ken revizza teachings. the benefits can help overall enjoyment and performance. aka being in the zone.before i take the next step i was wondering if this would be something that you as rc racers would be into.
Old 04-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

I can't speak for all, but I would definitely be interested in "coaching" of some sort. I've experienced the benefit in other sports...rc racing should have similar results.
Old 04-20-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Y not could not hurt. half of this game is mental any way
Old 04-20-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks mike for the feedback i appreciate it. with your past experience what were the things you liked and disliked about it.
Old 04-20-2011, 12:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

A 12 step CD would probably help lots of folks as well..followed up by an anger management CD I'll take the anger management cd!!!!
Old 04-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

i got your 12 steps right here.

1. We admitted we were powerless over rc - that our lives had become unmanageable.

2. Came to believe that another manufacturers vehicle greater than ours could restore us to sanity.

3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of turnmarshall as we understood Him.

4. Made a searching and fearless inventory of our parts bin .

5. Admitted to your pitman, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.

6. Were entirely ready to quit rc after a bad weekend but that never happens.

7. Humbly asked a pro for help with setup .

8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed. and well screw them.

9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would tell the truth and unseat a top 5 finish.

10. Continue to give advise we believe is the best even thought we don't know anything, then take personal inventory and when we were wrong promptly admitted it.

11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the turnmarshall as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.

12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to rc racers and to practice these principles in all our affairs.
Old 04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

give yourself a moment in the pits, you must first center your chi if you are to find the true zen of your ora, and say this to yourself on your way to the drivers stand.....before you achieve, you must believe.....before you achieve, you must believe...that way when the horn blows, and your racing thru the first corner and traction roll off the track 5' from a marshall and they just stand there picking their nose and looking at your buggy, you can yell..."WHAT THE F*^$ IS YOUR F!%$ PROBLEM YOU F$@#!ING F*$%, FLIP THE F*&^ING CAR OVER"...and realize that what you just got done doing in the pits and on the way to the drivers stand was time wasted.....

...now with the sarcasm aside, I think the "coaching" would do wonders for alot of drivers (me included, make sure you send me 2 of the anger disks tho...I'll probly end up throwing the first one at someone... ) i know that when i'm up on the stand durring practice, i'm calm, having fun, and throwing down some SICK lap times, but when the buzzer sounds...ya...not so much....
Old 04-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

for sure. i think one of the hardest things is to transfer your parctice attitude where there is no pressure to the quali or the race. alot of people have this problem. i will teach you a little secret that is so stupid but most professional athletes use it in one manner or another. SMILE, you cannot be tense in the neck area when smiling try to act angry while smiling you can't do it. either that or wear a mouth piece. when you cannot clench your teeth you don't have as much stress in your neck. meaning more fluid movements with your entire body.

how about hearing from some of the pro's on how they deal with adversity. because believe me these guys have acquired skills over the years to handle adversity during an event.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hustler777

...now with the sarcasm aside, I think the "coaching" would do wonders for alot of drivers (me included, make sure you send me 2 of the anger disks tho...I'll probly end up throwing the first one at someone... ) i know that when i'm up on the stand durring practice, i'm calm, having fun, and throwing down some SICK lap times, but when the buzzer sounds...ya...not so much....
That just comes with experience and discipline (cant spell it ...ha). It's also key in a race to keep your focus forward... if you crash or bobble you must let it go and get back on pace. Don't dwell on BS.... even after you just got sent into the weeds by some hack.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

guys i do not want to coach anyone i want to hire one of the best sports psychologist on the planet to create a series for rc racing exclusively. these cd's would allow you to work on your racing while not putting miles on your car. this cd would be a run through of mental skill of high performance athletes (or in our case rc drives, we do not have alot of athletes) with a finishing touch of visualization. now heres the cool part the visualization that we use for my athletes incorporates sound from the ballpark (fans and the such), umpire, all of it. along with scenarios that can happen during the race that can derail your performance and how to deal with those factors.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i'm having a pharmiceutical company make some pills that will put me in the a-main every night also..

Old 04-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racerx711
i'm having a pharmiceutical company make some pills that will put me in the a-main every night also..

LOL...might as well, there's a pill for everything else
Old 04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by racerx711

Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chenzo6508
i got your 12 steps right here.
Originally Posted by hustler777
give yourself a moment in the pits, you must first center your chi if you are to find the true zen of your ora, and say this to yourself on your way to the drivers stand.....before you achieve, you must believe.....before you achieve, you must believe...that way when the horn blows, and your racing thru the first corner and traction roll off the track 5' from a marshall and they just stand there picking their nose and looking at your buggy, you can yell..."WHAT THE F*^$ IS YOUR F!%$ PROBLEM YOU F$@#!ING F*$%, FLIP THE F*&^ING CAR OVER"...and realize that what you just got done doing in the pits and on the way to the drivers stand was time wasted.....
That's FUNNY LMAO!! That's some good stuff there..

The RC coaching thing is genius I think. I'm an Athlete who's competed at all the levels of competition and I'm now a full blown rc addict. Most people don't realize that any form of competition is 90% mental, and teaching yourself to believe in the so called impossible. RC is no different, other than you are at the mercy of your car instead of your feet. You watch some of the rockstars drive and you could say the car and driver are not separate from each other, but and extension of one another..ohhhmmmmm
Old 04-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Can you do a "HELP ME, I feel like smashing this !@#$(*& thing with a hammer" CD please?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.