R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-13-2011, 06:35 PM   #16
Tech Apprentice

Go to serpents website and DL the setup sheets on it.
Sean Earnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:53 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeforb View Post
if you guys don't like the thread, u don't have to reply. Go else where! And what fool will go through all those 100 of pages for multiple cars to get an understanding of how they compare. Search links won't help as well. I guess you guys have nothing better else to do besides trash someone's thread.
Not thrashing your thread here but to be honest if you can't find anything helpful in those hundreds and hundreds of pages, what can this thread achieve?

Those threads represent the collective knowledge of all its user and it is an information gold mine, granted you have to dig through mountain of dirt to find the gold but only a fool will ignore it.

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:55 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
When I was ready to switch I started looking and the Agama had some cool innovations, and it looked good. The price was reasonable and it was winning races all over the world. That was enough for me, so I bought it and I have not been happier. I didnt need a bunch of strangers to make up my mind for me
+1
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:03 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to teeforb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganymede View Post
Not thrashing your thread here but to be honest if you can't find anything helpful in those hundreds and hundreds of pages, what can this thread achieve?

Those threads represent the collective knowledge of all its user and it is an information gold mine, granted you have to dig through mountain of dirt to find the gold but only a fool will ignore it.
I have to disagree. Those threads are targeted about the car itself and a whole bunch of questions that are not of my interest as of now. Im sure once i buy any brand of car, then i can focus on the information in that thread. As of now, i would like to know how do the cars listed compare with each other. Out of all this hoopla on this thread, only one person gave me a real comparison saying he is 1 sec faster with the serpent then durango. that's what im looking for. Or any other comparisons between the cars i have listed. Im sure these cars are at the local tracks and maybe someone who owns a mp9 test drove their friends serpent and have some valid feedback to give me. You can't find that kind of information in those threads. To many people are caught up into bashing threads for no point what so ever.
teeforb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:26 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
I have to disagree. Those threads are targeted about the car itself and a whole bunch of questions that are not of my interest as of now. Im sure once i buy any brand of car, then i can focus on the information in that thread. As of now, i would like to know how do the cars listed compare with each other. Out of all this hoopla on this thread, only one person gave me a real comparison saying he is 1 sec faster with the serpent then durango. that's what im looking for. Or any other comparisons between the cars i have listed. Im sure these cars are at the local tracks and maybe someone who owns a mp9 test drove their friends serpent and have some valid feedback to give me. You can't find that kind of information in those threads. To many people are caught up into bashing threads for no point what so ever.
Exactly! I guess you already foresee that might happen hence the title of your thread: "Yes. One of those threads..."

Those dedicated threads provides lots of information in regards to the build, quality, tuning, setup, maintenance etc of the specific car. There might not be much info on say this car vs. that car in those threads because (IMHO) how a car drives is entirely personal, my car might drive like a bitch but it might be someone's dream ride, again one man's meat is another man poison.

There is no such thing as the best ride but only a ride that suits your driving style. Without knowing one's driving style what ever the comparison mentioned here is irrelevant. Also, finding two person with the same driving style and at the same time owns those cars you mentioned is almost like finding needle in a haystack.

If you're in control, you're not driving it fast enough!

XRAY / NOVAROSSI / SANWA / AKA TIRES / BYRON FUEL
ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 07:55 PM   #21
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

kyosho is WC , need more be said ?

truthfully though , i have ran K cars for about 10 years and have loved every single one of them have seen all the other cars run against the kyosho cars and well , kyosho usually prevails , it is a drivers car though
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #22
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
kyosho is WC , need more be said ?

truthfully though , i have ran K cars for about 10 years and have loved every single one of them have seen all the other cars run against the kyosho cars and well , kyosho usually prevails , it is a drivers car though
Not everyone has a couple hundred dollars extra to drop on a kit either
Sean Earnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:22 PM   #23
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Earnest View Post
Go to serpents website and DL the setup sheets on it.
glad to see you calmed down and stayed on board
Old 04-13-2011, 08:33 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince7870 View Post
glad to see you calmed down and stayed on board
Why, what happened?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 PM   #25
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to STi oWn$ Jo0

Quote:
Out of all this hoopla on this thread, only one person gave me a real comparison saying he is 1 sec faster with the serpent then durango. that's what im looking for. Or any other comparisons between the cars i have listed. Im sure these cars are at the local tracks and maybe someone who owns a mp9 test drove their friends serpent and have some valid feedback to give me. You can't find that kind of information in those threads. To many people are caught up into bashing threads for no point what so ever.
It'll be hard to find someone who has owned or driven all three of the buggies you're looking into. Each subforum does have useful information that you can compile a list to see which buggy is best for you. You're looking for cliff notes, but if you put the time and effort into reading each subforum, then you'll learn a whole lot more to make the right decision. Lots of variables goes into finding a suitable buggy for YOU. Parts availability, driving style, track conditions, just to name a few. People can give you insight on what they feel about each buggy, but it may not fit your style.

The only way to really find out which is best for you is to own and drive each one personally. Not one of those, my friend lent me his buggy for a few minutes. You could contrive a negative feedback, when in fact the owner had his car set up improperly. You need to sit down, work on each buggy, drive them for gallons, then come up with your own conclusions.

I started with a 7.5 Kanai, and wanted a new buggy, so I was considering the mp9 tki. I opted to buy a JQ since his buggy was new (in Dec) and his design and innovation caught my eye. It was a new buggy, and I wasn't great a tuning it per my track conditions so I decided to jump back to Kyosho. I bought a tki- bought all the tki2 hop ups and drove it. Even after all the money I dumped into the Kyosho, I felt faster with the JQ. Now others would say otherwise, but that's the great thing about this hobby.

We can each be fast with whatever buggy we have. Just put the time and effort into what you have. A lot of guys at my local track had to buy a couple buggies before settling down with one. You gotta pay to play in this hobby.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:33 PM   #26
Tech Champion

I agree u gotta pay to play. I found a guy selling the serpent for a good price. I may pick it up while having the Durango. Run both of them and see what suites me the best. I also notice some guys own multiple buggies. I may have to do the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi oWn$ Jo0 View Post
It'll be hard to find someone who has owned or driven all three of the buggies you're looking into. Each subforum does have useful information that you can compile a list to see which buggy is best for you. You're looking for cliff notes, but if you put the time and effort into reading each subforum, then you'll learn a whole lot more to make the right decision. Lots of variables goes into finding a suitable buggy for YOU. Parts availability, driving style, track conditions, just to name a few. People can give you insight on what they feel about each buggy, but it may not fit your style.

The only way to really find out which is best for you is to own and drive each one personally. Not one of those, my friend lent me his buggy for a few minutes. You could contrive a negative feedback, when in fact the owner had his car set up improperly. You need to sit down, work on each buggy, drive them for gallons, then come up with your own conclusions.

I started with a 7.5 Kanai, and wanted a new buggy, so I was considering the mp9 tki. I opted to buy a JQ since his buggy was new (in Dec) and his design and innovation caught my eye. It was a new buggy, and I wasn't great a tuning it per my track conditions so I decided to jump back to Kyosho. I bought a tki- bought all the tki2 hop ups and drove it. Even after all the money I dumped into the Kyosho, I felt faster with the JQ. Now others would say otherwise, but that's the great thing about this hobby.

We can each be fast with whatever buggy we have. Just put the time and effort into what you have. A lot of guys at my local track had to buy a couple buggies before settling down with one. You gotta pay to play in this hobby.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:19 AM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I'm coming from a serpent to a durango. The major draw for me was the fact that i found the durango to be more stable (planted some may say). Also the durango responded very well to setup changes, i'm only really a novice so don't know setup all that well, but driving the durango that wasn't acting all that nice on the track, i knew pretty well what changes were needed to make it better. The serpent is a good car, lots of steering, plenty of rear grip and rotates well, but for me the durango did all that and was more stable.

Also the fact the durango parts are MASSIVELY cheaper than the serpent's, make's it all that sweeter.
shanef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 05:30 AM   #28
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanef View Post
I'm coming from a serpent to a durango. The major draw for me was the fact that i found the durango to be more stable (planted some may say). Also the durango responded very well to setup changes, i'm only really a novice so don't know setup all that well, but driving the durango that wasn't acting all that nice on the track, i knew pretty well what changes were needed to make it better. The serpent is a good car, lots of steering, plenty of rear grip and rotates well, but for me the durango did all that and was more stable.

Also the fact the durango parts are MASSIVELY cheaper than the serpent's, make's it all that sweeter.
What type of track are u running on?
Old 04-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #29
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Quote:
What type of track are u running on?
I've run the durango on a damp, high grip slightly bumpy track and a very lose, very bumpy low grip track both pretty tight. So two totally different tracks which needed a totally different setup, and the car was awesome at both.

For outright laptime comparison sakes. On the damp, high grip slightly bumpy track i ran the serpent one week and durango week after and the durango was .3s quicker and i'd only managed to get 2 laps in with the durango...

Tomorrow i'm running on a smooth very low grip track which i've run my serpent on before so that will be another good comparison.
shanef is offline   Reply With Quote