Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-13-2011, 11:19 AM   #31
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808gx7r View Post
nothing wrong with the world champ...mp9
Yeah, if you make 100k a year. lol

No MP9 would be a good choice. MP9 and Xray 2011 would be my choices if i could get parts for them or afford them.
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lewis666,
If you have lots of Losi parts, stay with what you already know.
The 2011 808 is a very nice buggy, we was with them for 2 years. Good quality!

The MP9 is a really great car!
Awesome rough handling buggy, easy to drive for a hour long main!
Some other brands can not say that.....
Go with what you know and can afford to maintain is the best advice and drive other cars in your price range...
Old 04-13-2011, 03:45 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Agama IMO.
  • Best bang for the buck.
  • Fastest Growing company
  • Great Customer Service
  • Great online support
  • Very experienced Team

And the list goes on. All great choices though~! ; )
Andrew Smolnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #34
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Smolnik View Post
Agama IMO.
  • Great Customer Service
  • Great online support
  • Very experienced Team

X1000

STUBYSLAP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:53 PM   #35
Tech Addict

Quote:
Agama IMO.
  • Great Customer Service
  • Great online support
  • Very experienced Team

I have to agree with Andrew and the others this would have been your best choice. They are only going forward in a growing process, Bring on the truggy!
Team Byrons Racing Fuels
pntmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #36
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Quote:
Agama IMO.
  • Great Customer Service
  • Great online support
  • Very experienced Team

Count me in also. I love mine! Customer service is awesome! They had some issues when they first came out and Agama had all the issue resolved within 6 months and now its just perfect! I Wont be driving anything else for years. Cant wait for Truggy
Old 04-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #37
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

I just thought id post up some new pictures of my brand new AGAMA A8. I jumped to AGAMA after being a AE or nothing guy for a couple of years. So far I am incredibly impressed with the design, durabillity of it so far. Also this car is very very fast, much better in the rough than my ae and it flys great.

STUBYSLAP31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #38
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to lewis666

thanks for the comments guys. i have decided to stick with losi as i have all the parts and i dont have huge budget so i cannot afford the mp9 as i dont have 6-700 to spend on a buggy. i did like the agama but with the small budget im on i dont wanna risk changing manufactures and having to get all new spares etc.

losi FTW!

many thanks

lewis
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #39
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis666 View Post
thanks for the comments guys. i have decided to stick with losi as i have all the parts and i dont have huge budget so i cannot afford the mp9 as i dont have 6-700 to spend on a buggy. i did like the agama but with the small budget im on i dont wanna risk changing manufactures and having to get all new spares etc.

losi FTW!

many thanks

lewis
So then why the 3 pages of spam??? If you are just going to buy another Losi? Nothing wrong with Losi I drove one for awhile it just seems like a big waste of time?
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:17 AM   #40
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
So then why the 3 pages of spam??? If you are just going to buy another Losi? Nothing wrong with Losi I drove one for awhile it just seems like a big waste of time?
how is it spam? at first i could not decide then when i went to research the agama i decided it was not for me. i have actually put getting a new car on hold as i am losing faith in myself racing so i might stop racing

lewis
Old 04-15-2011, 10:34 AM   #41
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Lewis.. I can understand your frustrations, I was in the same boat as you undecided about what car? what motor? what electric gear (radios/servos) I was about to give up as well with racing but why lose faith in yourself? You think your not fast enough? This hobby can be discouraging on SO many levels as we all look up to the fastest guys in the planet! We all want the best setups (that dont work for us) we even want to wheel our cars around the track like the fastest guys there. Just as I was about to give up on racing I realised what this hobby was really all about. I found its about getting out and hanging with a group of people and having a fun time spitting dirt all over the track, its about going out and having a laugh.. meeting new people. Although I agree taking home the win is always a plus and what a grin it can leave on your face (not to mention it gives you bragging rights till the next race day) but you have to think of it in a bigger picture.

I have spent and wasted a lot of money changing cars, motors, radio gear in an endless pursuit to find the best combination but I have found out the best thing to do is find a unit that you are comfortable with and stick with it. Find something that you can get a good parts supply, and help when you need it. trying to be first as I have found out isnt always within reach no matter how much money you spend on a car, but if you can leave the track with a smile on your face cause you had a blast out there.. thats the priceless part of this hobby.

This may all be a bunch of hokey to some but its something that I have learned.

Remember to have fun everytime your on the track!

Jay.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:51 AM   #42
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illbreakthat View Post
Lewis.. I can understand your frustrations, I was in the same boat as you undecided about what car? what motor? what electric gear (radios/servos) I was about to give up as well with racing but why lose faith in yourself? You think your not fast enough? This hobby can be discouraging on SO many levels as we all look up to the fastest guys in the planet! We all want the best setups (that dont work for us) we even want to wheel our cars around the track like the fastest guys there. Just as I was about to give up on racing I realised what this hobby was really all about. I found its about getting out and hanging with a group of people and having a fun time spitting dirt all over the track, its about going out and having a laugh.. meeting new people. Although I agree taking home the win is always a plus and what a grin it can leave on your face (not to mention it gives you bragging rights till the next race day) but you have to think of it in a bigger picture.

I have spent and wasted a lot of money changing cars, motors, radio gear in an endless pursuit to find the best combination but I have found out the best thing to do is find a unit that you are comfortable with and stick with it. Find something that you can get a good parts supply, and help when you need it. trying to be first as I have found out isnt always within reach no matter how much money you spend on a car, but if you can leave the track with a smile on your face cause you had a blast out there.. thats the priceless part of this hobby.

This may all be a bunch of hokey to some but its something that I have learned.

Remember to have fun everytime your on the track!

Jay.
hi Jay,

that was very well said. i understand where you are coming from. i was competitive end of last year but this year really seems to be going bad for me. i have been failing at my 8th nitro and 10th electric for the past few months. i am starting to give up on myself because i seem to have the lost the spirit i had for racing. i used to enjoy racing but i seem to have lost the enjoyment i enjoy meeting people at the track and having a laugh i have gained new friend and i have a laugh with them it is just when it comes down to the racing aspect i get disheartened.

many thanks for the kind words

lewis
Old 04-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #43
Tech Initiate

First, I want to thank Jay for the very timely reminder concerning what this hobby is all about. Unfortunately, I find that many of us are taking it too seriously. Truthfully, we should take a moment sometimes to step back and reflect on the camaraderie and enjoyment that ALL aspects of this hobby afford us, and help to keep us (to some extent ) sane. Secondly, to Lewis, the fact that you're 'failing' could possibly be that you're being too hard on yourself. If you think about any 'competitive' sport, any good player has their 'good' and 'bad' days. However, it's all about what your mindset, that is, you have to recognise that not everyday will be the same. Also, you may not be having the best season now but I am quite sure that there're a number of things that you've learned through your 'misfortunes'. These lessons are for your benefit AND the benefit of those around you . Take everything in stride Lewis, and remember that winning a race is not always about taking 1st place .
McWolf is offline   Reply With Quote