R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 83
Default losi 8ight 1.0 4 clutch shoe/spring combo

I've been outta R/C for awhile now and over the past 2 years I've work on my dad's old losi 8ight 1.0 he took apart. He bought various springs and shoes for and told me that there's a combo to use for maximum performance but neither of us know what it is. Little help please?
raddracer1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:34 PM   #2
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddracer1278 View Post
I've been outta R/C for awhile now and over the past 2 years I've work on my dad's old losi 8ight 1.0 he took apart. He bought various springs and shoes for and told me that there's a combo to use for maximum performance but neither of us know what it is. Little help please?
i like all aluminum shoes, 2 with green springs and 2 with gold
__________________
D8 "HARA", OS SPEED, ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
D8T GO GXII ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
NMRCC -(northern michigan rc club)
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 12:45 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 83
Default performance

is there a difference in performance? like between the springs or shoes?
raddracer1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
tomdex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bunbury - Western Australia
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddracer1278 View Post
is there a difference in performance? like between the springs or shoes?
Yes, running all aluminium shoes will give more punch than running 2 ally, 2 plastic.

Also, the stiffer spring will engage later (higher engine speed) and therefore will be punchier, but more difficult to control on loose surfaces.

Mixing spring weights and shoe materials allows 2 shoes to grab slightly before the other two, giving a more progressive clutch engagement.

I run 2 ally shoes with gold springs, and 2 plastic shoes with green springs. Thats for a dirt track with fairly loose surface.
tomdex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
i like all aluminum shoes, 2 with green springs and 2 with gold
How long do your tires last?
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:39 PM   #6
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
How long do your tires last?
All year, our track is loose (real dirt), very little wear on tires, my sets from last year still have 90% tread left
__________________
D8 "HARA", OS SPEED, ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
D8T GO GXII ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
NMRCC -(northern michigan rc club)
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno13 View Post
All year, our track is loose (real dirt), very little wear on tires, my sets from last year still have 90% tread left
hum interesting, Im looking at trying 4 alum in my buggy and was trying to figure out springs
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #8
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
hum interesting, Im looking at trying 4 alum in my buggy and was trying to figure out springs
depending on engine performace, black and gold work well in buggy. right now im running green and gold with aluminum shoes in both truggy and buggy with steel flywheel
__________________
D8 "HARA", OS SPEED, ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
D8T GO GXII ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
NMRCC -(northern michigan rc club)
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 07:24 PM   #9
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 52
Default

IMO some of the best! Just have to file down the burrs after a race day, they last a LONG time!
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ch-Shoes-Set-4
orijen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:06 AM   #10
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 83
Default

theres a set up i wanna run (for tires) i forget what its called cuz like i said no one around me has talkd about R/C in awhile all i know is adam drake ran it at one point it uses i think bow ties in rear for max push and then somethin in the front that gives you a bunch of side bite for max turnin if i find the front tire ill tell you what it is my dad told me it was too aggressive of a set up for him though and i watchd him pushin way too wide through the corners
raddracer1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:10 AM   #11
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 83
Default

my only problem for about EVERYTHING is i havent raced in awhile so idk if im gonna want/need more top end or low end so itll be kinda tough
raddracer1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:53 AM   #12
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddracer1278 View Post
theres a set up i wanna run (for tires) i forget what its called cuz like i said no one around me has talkd about R/C in awhile all i know is adam drake ran it at one point it uses i think bow ties in rear for max push and then somethin in the front that gives you a bunch of side bite for max turnin if i find the front tire ill tell you what it is my dad told me it was too aggressive of a set up for him though and i watchd him pushin way too wide through the corners
what are you track conditions? clay, loomy, dry, wet,...ect
__________________
D8 "HARA", OS SPEED, ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
D8T GO GXII ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
NMRCC -(northern michigan rc club)
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #13
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 83
Default

we had been at action hobbies that night it shut down though its a short track, well maintained, dirt was wet (but not puddled) and i think it was just a smooth well groomed dirt dont rly kno how else to describe it
raddracer1278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #14
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: northern michigan
Posts: 7,916
Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raddracer1278 View Post
we had been at action hobbies that night it shut down though its a short track, well maintained, dirt was wet (but not puddled) and i think it was just a smooth well groomed dirt dont rly kno how else to describe it
lot of guys here run Ibeams in the rear and cityblocks in the front.
__________________
D8 "HARA", OS SPEED, ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
D8T GO GXII ,SAVOX 1267/68 SERVOS, BYRONS 25%, SPEKTRUM DX3R PRO
NMRCC -(northern michigan rc club)
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 12:01 PM   #15
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Zionsville, IN
Posts: 578
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Steel Flywheel. 4 Max-Life Aluminum Shoes. 2 green and 2 gold.
__________________
Axial Wraith
sdtech58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
8IGHT 2.0! BAUSTIN Nitro Off-Road 14679 09-12-2015 07:58 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:57 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net