R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-03-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to thekisscutken1 Send a message via Skype™ to thekisscutken1
Default Losi 8T 2.0 servo saver Help!!! keep breaking servos

Hey guys i have a hitec HS-645MG servo in my losi 2.0 truggy and i cant keep the servo from stipping gears. i dont know if its my servo saver (which i have set by the manual tightening all the way then going out 2 1/2 turns) or if its just the servo being weak itself. I know i should probably get an HS-7950TG servo but i'm afraid if its the servo saver i'll break the gears in that too. here are some weird things it does.

1. with servo arm off and moving steering by hand i can get the servo saver to actuate by hand only when I move it to the left side. moving all the way to the right i cant get the spring to move at all. it seems like the right hand steering is the way that always makes it strip out too.

2. i get quite a bit of steering wobble in high speed turns or accelerating out of turns.

3. the truck seems to push a lot in corners and doesn't seem to turn quite as tight as many others at the track.

PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS THING GOOD! I've heard i should get a losi buggy 1.0 servo saver as the spring is lighter. is this true?
thekisscutken1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I don't own a Losi but...
1. with servo arm off and moving steering by hand i can get the servo saver to actuate by hand only when I move it to the left side. moving all the way to the right i cant get the spring to move at all. it seems like the right hand steering is the way that always makes it strip out too. Seems to me you'd want to check if your steering linkage is binding somewhere. Can you get it to articulate both directions with the servo saver loosened up all the way? If so, only tighten it to the point that you maintain full articulation

2. i get quite a bit of steering wobble in high speed turns or accelerating out of turns. Does the wobble seem to come from the linkage or the wheels themselves? Does the same thing occur with the servo save loose?

3. the truck seems to push a lot in corners and doesn't seem to turn quite as tight as many others at the track. If you're not getting full articulation then you may not be getting the front end to turn like it should under load (like a high speed corner). Although this could also be a tire and or suspension setting issue
Redbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #3
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I moved this into the NITRO section, you might get better responses in here.
"Don't hate the pimp...hate the limp"
Your always welcome at zombo.com
BuckMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 09:13 AM   #4
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

IMO the 645 is too weak for any 1/8 buggy its more like a 1/10 size gas truck servo, step up and get a 7955tg or something and titghten that thing down

http://www.totalrcnetwork.tv
goatbongoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 10:37 AM   #5
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)

i use a 7955. tighten the saver down all the way and back off 1 1/2-2 turns and have not had a problem with the servo. i did break the plastic on the servo saver, but racing temps were in the low 20's at the time. going on my 3rd season with the 7955.
nitroal is offline   Reply With Quote