R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #91
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey man, I have a RC8T, does that clutch fit the 8t? Is that motor you mention the one that comes with the losi 8t 2 RTR? It comes up when I search on ebay, cheers! PS- should I be going thru 3 glowplugs in one day?
jaydee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #92
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

As to the dude that said spend 2 grand???? I dont get it, Ive bought lipos off ebay for 30 bucks and they are wicked sick, this with a mambo or velineon etc. thats like 200 not 2 thousand?????
jaydee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #93
Tech Champion

The engine in the 8T 2.0 is a .28 - basically, the Mach's bigger brother.. Also very low hassle IMO. But drinks a lot of fuel, and actually a bit overkill in a truggy in my and most peoples' opinion.. Still, if you don't care about run time or organized racing, maybe a good choice...

For an RC8T, if you want to race, I would strongly consider the Werks B5. Only thing there is, the Fioroni is not a good clutch for a .21. The Ascendancy "effortless" clutch is meant to be good and low-maintenance(and not too expensive..) Werks B5, Ascendancy clutch, and a 2035 pipe would be my ideal budget set-up for racing in truggy..

If you're not racing and more for messing around, check out www.overdriverc.com . They have both the silver Losi Mach 427 and the Dynamite "Mach 2 Truggy" .26(should be identical?) for the best prices that I know of.. Then you need the closed backplate - DYN0960 I think is the part number. Overdrive probably also has the Fioroni turbo slider clutch too. If not, here it is at amain(on backorder):

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Clutch-System

The clutch is a bit pricey, but it is seriously low-maintenance.. Again, only use it on 25 or bigger engines...

The main question is - do you want to race, or more mess around? If the former, Werks B5, if the latter, Mach or Losi 454 would be fine... Still, the Werks is prob good for just messing around too...

The Werks is cheapest at www.towerhobbies.com btw with the discount codes.
-LST2 #1 with Losi 454 & LST2 #2 with Dynamite Big Red .28
-Ofna DM-1 with silver Mach 427/2047
-TT MT4 G3
Herrsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 04:24 AM   #94
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)
Exclamation CORRECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
well you say theres all these 1/8 e well not at my outdoor offroad track .
so its not at every track.
WRONG thats not what I said THATS WHAT "YOU" SAY

I said E-Buggy is the new fast class lap times tell the story

I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE BIGGEST CLASS

EVERY ONE should be happy there is a E-Class for the fact that it made the hobby/sport grow & be happy they have a Local track to even run at appreciate what you have
Old 04-03-2011, 04:33 AM   #95
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
well you say theres all these 1/8 e well not at my outdoor offroad track .
so its not at every track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz240 View Post
After opening my big mouth with nothing but stupidity coming out of it , whatever brings racers to the tracks to keep them open is fine with me.
well said: What ever keeps our tracks open thats fine with me

NO TRACKS = NO FUN
Old 04-03-2011, 04:45 AM   #96

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

guys please be nice to each other or thread will be closed... i keep a close eye on these types of threads.. thank you
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
J.Whiting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:18 AM   #97
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosh70 View Post
Well arent you Mr. Safety.....sounds like electric RC's scare you a bit.

Never mind the exhaust fumes coming inside the interior from the cracked manifold of your $500 beater. Or the spillage of nitro onto your pants when your filling your buggy.

I bet you're one of those guys that wear safety glasses when you're mowing your lawn, correct?
I am coming for you this summer bro ! Nitro is going to rip your ass all over the track brother !!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:33 AM   #98
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Nitro is just way better
endy0430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:09 AM   #99
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nitro does it for me(although electric is cool, I admit to that, I have had a few electrics in my day), but I was brought up around Engines, building small block 350's, 400, 427's. and a couple big block.and working on my own for repairs. Poor mans way though.Not the tens of thousands and thousands and thousands you rich guys do it.
Also use to put these engines in demo cars, mud trucks, beater trucks to take out mudding out back smashing them into cars and old trees and even a couple jumps.

The post about barrels was just for fun,and no I don't wear ONLY safety glasses when mowing the yard, I also use ear plugs, hip waders, rubber gloves, in all my activity where chemicals are in use.

You should see me on the drivers stand!! You wouldn't believe what I wear, Safety belts and all full riot gear( just in case I fall over the railing or down the steps)
If I made more than what I currently do, I would more than likely get an E-Buggy.

Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #100
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

at our local track, we only have 2 or 3 electric 1/8 buggies and 2 electric truggies, they always want to run with the nitro's and then cry and wine they cant run a 45 min main. then they always want us nitro guys to do 2mandatory pits to make up for them having to switch lipos out! kinda defeats the hole purpose of run time setups for the nitros. we normally do it because we are all freinds and is all about having fun! im thing about getting a electric buggy/truggy just so there is enough to have their own class at our local track. but running 4 classes might be a little crazy!
inferno13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #101
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF420 View Post
WRONG thats not what I said THATS WHAT "YOU" SAY

I said E-Buggy is the new fast class lap times tell the story

I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE BIGGEST CLASS

EVERY ONE should be happy there is a E-Class for the fact that it made the hobby/sport grow & be happy they have a Local track to even run at appreciate what you have
Lap times at motoroma tell a diff story, so do the ones at Nitro Challenge. Infact at most major races, with few exceptions (like Florida races where you race on asphault with jumps), Nitro buggy are still faster over a timed lap.

E-buggies are getting closer with the purpose built buggies instead of conversions, but they need to shed some more weight. Ungodly power will only go so far.
RePeTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:25 AM   #102
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yeah I would like to try E-Buggy. It is just not gonna happen now.
Making 7500 a year at 37 years old isn't gonna happen.
Race Vehicles-SC8 w/ GRP .28 Tuned,RC8T FT-Reedy VR 121 .21, 2035 pipe, RC8B-Reedy .21
http://www.jerrysrcraceway.com/
mgtmadness2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #103
Tech Adept

In my opinion Electric 1/8 is just lame! The guys that run them remind me of treckies or you know ... the kids in high school who liked science class. i will admit that they are faster and have tons of power on instant demand. I don't think i could watch Nascar, Indy car, F1, or Corr if it was electric I'd be asleep by lap 10. Nitro is just WAY cooler. Again just my opinion and I am nobody.
jmpn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

ok so ive run electric y whole life and absolutely love it! And i still do but ive pit and raced nitro a lot and there are alot of up on both sides. Nitro i like because it reminds me of my supercross races, i like you can run hour mains without stopping but there are downsides. I personally am thinking of running both but cant get myself away from electric cuz i like it so much for some odd reason
B.A. Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #105
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Send a message via AIM to RCaddict0

I guess it boils down to which ever you like. They both have there "+" & "-". I only own electric, but got to run a Savage XL 4.6 last week and it was sweet! Got me wantin a nitro MT now. I think it would piss my neighbors off, but O well! They would have to deal with it. I hear the ones drug customers out there every night out there pounding bass.
RCaddict0 is offline   Reply With Quote