Wiki Posts
Search

Is it still competitive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Is it still competitive?

There's a good deal to be snapped up for a Kyosho MP777 SP1 unopened kit. Would you still consider this buggy to be competitive? I have the old .21 VZB V-specs engine ready to drop inside this buggy and would like to upgrade it to the bigger bore shocks?

Opinions?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Question is- Are you competitive??
I am sure it can be, I have even heard of people with older models beating people with new models.

A lot has to do with setup and driving experience.

I tend to stay too long on the gas and too late hitting the brakes before I turn, so I am not competitive, as I either make a turn too wide and hit a pipe, miss the turn, or brake too early and turn too early and hit a pipe.

Maybe I will buy myself some glasses before the season starts.(supposed to wear them)
Old 03-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

It will but depending what level you gonna race.I would say at the club races in sportsman class,you can be very good with it....
Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yea, its for club racing. looking at the newer mp9 and its many incarnations. would reserve it for nat level races, but for the meantime this mp777 looks good
Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mgtmadness2007
Question is- Are you competitive??
I am sure it can be, I have even heard of people with older models beating people with new models.

A lot has to do with setup and driving experience.

I tend to stay too long on the gas and too late hitting the brakes before I turn, so I am not competitive, as I either make a turn too wide and hit a pipe, miss the turn, or brake too early and turn too early and hit a pipe.

Maybe I will buy myself some glasses before the season starts.(supposed to wear them)
Believe me, them glasses helps alot. My problem was i am short sighted. I had trouble with our track back end straight and could not judge the turning. But ever since then, world of a difference (sorry for the off topic discussion )
Old 03-29-2011, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

more importantly I would check the availability of parts....
Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

very stout and dependable car. i just upgraded to a sp2 because i have a wheelbarrow full of spare parts, and yes they are all still available. the st rr is the current nat champion and it is basically the same thing and the mp9 even shares many parts with the mp777. if your not going to score it please hook me up, and trust me the v-spec that you have will throw that buggy around like a rag doll. mark pavidas won the world championship with the exact same buggy and motor not so very long ago