Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Help setting up servo saver on losi 8t 2.0 RTR please! >

Help setting up servo saver on losi 8t 2.0 RTR please!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help setting up servo saver on losi 8t 2.0 RTR please!

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default Help setting up servo saver on losi 8t 2.0 RTR please!

hey guys i know there is something wrong with my servo saver and would like to know how everyone does it. i've broken a few metal gear servos in the couple weeks i've had this used truggy. is there any way to feel if it is working ok? is there an easy way to tighten/loosen the nut? any help in setting this thing up will help very much.

ps: i notice my front wheels shaking side to side a lot under hard acceleration out of a turn. does a poorly setup servo saver have anything to do with it?
Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by thekisscutken1
hey guys i know there is something wrong with my servo saver and would like to know how everyone does it. i've broken a few metal gear servos in the couple weeks i've had this used truggy. is there any way to feel if it is working ok? is there an easy way to tighten/loosen the nut? any help in setting this thing up will help very much.

ps: i notice my front wheels shaking side to side a lot under hard acceleration out of a turn. does a poorly setup servo saver have anything to do with it?
it could, i use the aluminum upper peice on the servo saver, what servos are you useing? many things could cause wheels to shack all over, play in turnbuckle ends, servo saver, tires out of balance, broken or cracked wheel, i normally tighten the servo saver up more than i should. if you have a manual there are some tips, if not down load it and have a good read, there are many good tips on how to set up
Old 03-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

do i have to take a lot of the steering mechanism apart to be able to adjust it? i see people put glue on one part of the servo saver. is this true and where?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Did you check the bearings in the steering assembly? They could be siezed up and causing the problems with the servos getting all #$%^$# up. There should be a big nut with a spring below it thaat looks like a threaded shock preload adjuster, clockwise tightens it up and counter clockwise loosens it up. I would check the whole assembly first and then go from there. Hope this helps.

Philip