Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HB D8 HARA ED. LINKAGE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Default HB D8 HARA ED. LINKAGE HELP

I just finished builing my HB D8 Hara Ed. Last night. I mounted the engine and started playing around with the linkage so i can start the break in process. However, I am having problems adjusting the trims of the throttle and brakes. To much brake the engine intake closes all the way. Can someone take a picture of there D8 Linkage please? I am using the Spektrum DX3r radio.

Thanks
Old 03-24-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Master

your intake opening is controlled by the idle screw, not the linkage. the spring on the throttle linkage should fight your servo when you apply the brakes. But the idle screw prevents the intake from closing all the way.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Initiate

I totally understand what your saying but I was told not to touch the idle screw because it is at the factory setting and that the idle screw should only be adjusted when the engine is running?
Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Master

depends on the engine, but you should have about 1mm of an opening maintained by the idle screw. you can then do subtle adjustments as needed. Look around for default screw/needle settings for your engine too.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Initiate

I will definitely give that a try. Just an FYI, the engine is the Nova P5XLT. The instructions call for 0.6 mm opening.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

If the engine is idling too high just screw the idle a bit out.
I tought I had an incostent idle a few weeks ago but the motor had a good tune. I tried a different tune and then the engine flamed when I was braking. I thought my clutch springs broke, but it was the spring of my new linkage that didn't push hard enough against the carb and and the idle screw screwed too much in. Just make sure that spring between your carb and servo horn has a bit of pressure on it so the carb is always fully closed. And a little play on the other side ensures that the carb is fully closed.
If this is not the case you will probably have an inconsistent idle and perhaps a flaming engine because you cant set the idle screw right.
Old 03-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCelik
I will definitely give that a try. Just an FYI, the engine is the Nova P5XLT. The instructions call for 0.6 mm opening.
That is a race tuned idle gap.. If you are breaking-in your going to need a much wider gap to start with..
Old 03-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

but dont go nuts adjusting it.Your not going to give it throttle in the first couple minutes of running, so get it to fired and adjust the trim on the transmitter to idle.

then you can turn in the idle screw until it starts to pick up and go from there.The idle will increase as the motorr breaks in, so dont go crazy when your backing it out a couple times.