R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Default Help with This Body

I am trying to find out what Body this is. Would like to replace it with another but no clue who makes it or who sells it. Please let me know
Attached Thumbnails
Help with This Body-truck.jpg  
Weylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:10 PM   #2
Tech Addict
 
DiZzYNaTiOn's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresno Ca
Posts: 741
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

i dont know what kind of body that is, but what thruck is that? is that a GT2?
__________________
www.filmmakerforum.org

RC8B3 - OS Speed .19 - S9352HV - 4PKS
DiZzYNaTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 719
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

For some reason, I'm thinking Dahm's Buggsy, but I could definitely be wrong. If it is, I believe Dahm's went out of business a while ago. Could also be a McCallister, but I don't know much about that company.
AMorgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZzYNaTiOn View Post
i dont know what kind of body that is, but what thruck is that? is that a GT2?
Its a RC10GT. I dont like the GT2. I own several GTs. This one has a OS.18. I am also building a GT with a onboard remote start
Weylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:55 PM   #5
Tech Addict
 
DiZzYNaTiOn's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresno Ca
Posts: 741
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weylyn View Post
Its a RC10GT. I dont like the GT2. I own several GTs. This one has a OS.18. I am also building a GT with a onboard remote start

Sweet, thats a bad ass motor! they do really well in the gt 1/10 scales!

So you should get a GT top no? do u want that body style you have now?
__________________
www.filmmakerforum.org

RC8B3 - OS Speed .19 - S9352HV - 4PKS
DiZzYNaTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #6
Tech Elite
 
mblgjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: AL
Posts: 2,173
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Definitely a Dahm's shell.

Unfortunately he's out of business, as is the place that bought his equipment.

One of the Parma Xciter shells for a Rustler or Jato may be the closest-looking to what you have.

Otherwise pick up a Proline Crowd Pleazer or Proline '98 F150 shell. The F150 shells may still be available thru Associated.
__________________
Team Associated Reedy JConcepts.net FusionX USA
mblgjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #7
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Different angles of this car
Attached Thumbnails
Help with This Body-photo0127.jpg   Help with This Body-photo0126.jpg  
Weylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:07 PM   #8
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblgjr View Post
Definitely a Dahm's shell.

Unfortunately he's out of business, as is the place that bought his equipment.

One of the Parma Xciter shells for a Rustler or Jato may be the closest-looking to what you have.

Otherwise pick up a Proline Crowd Pleazer or Proline '98 F150 shell. The F150 shells may still be available thru Associated.
Checked out Dahms, nose is different. Emailed McAllister and they said not one of their line either
Weylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #9
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZzYNaTiOn View Post
Sweet, thats a bad ass motor! they do really well in the gt 1/10 scales!

So you should get a GT top no? do u want that body style you have now?
I have a dozen GT tops. When my shelf queen is done I will post up more of it. Its also a RC10GT, lots of Blue alluminum, custom paint job though it could be better. Thinking of aluminum wheels for it but undecided on that.Its biggest hold up is doglegs, ones I have for it are short by a few millimeters and cant find the right ones
Weylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
Tech Addict
 
DiZzYNaTiOn's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresno Ca
Posts: 741
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weylyn View Post
I have a dozen GT tops. When my shelf queen is done I will post up more of it. Its also a RC10GT, lots of Blue alluminum, custom paint job though it could be better. Thinking of aluminum wheels for it but undecided on that.Its biggest hold up is doglegs, ones I have for it are short by a few millimeters and cant find the right ones
Hey, just wondering, where did you get that OS .18?
__________________
www.filmmakerforum.org

RC8B3 - OS Speed .19 - S9352HV - 4PKS
DiZzYNaTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:14 PM   #11
Tech Regular
 
plus2ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: st. joseph MI
Posts: 368
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Looks like an Andy's humvee body. I had one on my rc10gt years ago. I dont think Andy's is still around, they made a bunch of stuff for the associated cars back in the day.
plus2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiZzYNaTiOn View Post
Hey, just wondering, where did you get that OS .18?
I bought it on ebay lol.
Weylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #13
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus2ss View Post
Looks like an Andy's humvee body. I had one on my rc10gt years ago. I dont think Andy's is still around, they made a bunch of stuff for the associated cars back in the day.
looks like I am seeking the impossible
Weylyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:05 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by plus2ss View Post
Looks like an Andy's humvee body. I had one on my rc10gt years ago. I dont think Andy's is still around, they made a bunch of stuff for the associated cars back in the day.
That is exactly what it is! I have one that came custom painted from andy back in the day. early 90's
DJG24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
Tech Addict
 
DiZzYNaTiOn's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Fresno Ca
Posts: 741
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weylyn View Post
I bought it on ebay lol.
Man that is so cool to see it go to something good!

I sold that to you on ebay! HAHAHAHA its a small world!!
__________________
www.filmmakerforum.org

RC8B3 - OS Speed .19 - S9352HV - 4PKS
DiZzYNaTiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TT01 upgrade, need help with gear choices. tgsz Electric On-Road 6 06-06-2010 05:12 PM
Any car enthusiasts able to help with this question? Syber Serulean Chat Lounge 30 01-10-2008 03:42 PM
Please help with an ebay experiment t to the maxx2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 78 11-05-2005 10:51 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net