Search

O'Donnell website

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by florianlaux
That`not true - the split was known since last summer
It was not planed is what I mean. It is what it is both company's are doing what they need to do. No one is a BAD guy in this deal. Business is business and everyone involved are doing things in a business way. I for one will stick threw it and support Steve. Steve is a great guy and has a vast amount of knowledge in the industry as well as in business and trust in him that his word is true that great things will come soon.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by florianlaux
That`not true - the split was known since last summer
My thoughts exactly. The animosity between both parties had been going on for longer than that.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wonder if Tower will still be stocking and selling the OD products
ones this is over ?
Old 03-18-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy2
ones this is over ?
Doubtful
Old 03-18-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

ones this is over ?
By them shelling things off pretty quick, I kinda doubt they will but not for sure.

Steve is doing what anyone with time and money invested would do. Get it under his own roof where he is in full control of what he can control.
Nothing more than an excellent move for Steve, his customers regardless if they are current or future.
I just hope the devistation in Japan hasn't thrown another wrench in the spokes. Never know where the exact molds of production are. My guess is China but not for sure.
Maybe I need to move and go to work for O'Donnell. A change could be good.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ehartman_49348
Doubtful
if the split was in mutual consent, it could be..
Old 03-18-2011, 06:10 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcfreak1969
since 3 month no official statment from OD.
only teamdrivers saying everything will be great
and telling the customers to wait. Wait for what?

Nobody believes in this anymore.

There are some heavy problems not only little things to clear with Hobbico.
somethings take time.. i still race for steve.. he is a busy man.. working 14+ hours a day..

Originally Posted by golferdude1971
I seriously think that folks don't see that maybe the reasoning behind no formal announcement from OD(Steve's Camp) is possibly because issues aren't yet finalized. Stand back and think about it, the notification was made sometime in January, and were now it mid-March and nothing formal has been put together, but rather here-say that there are good things to come the near future, ie big plans, etc.

Furthermore, I see no point in the finger pointing towards Hobbico in the matter. They are in business to make money, and provide a ton of good things to the entire hobby industry. Historically, the past delays with the Gen1 buggy, Gen1 Truggy, SG buggy , motors, pipes, etc., are not so much at the fault of Hobbico, in my opinion. Was it logistics, numerous last minute design changes, etc., I guess we'll never know. All we know is that history proceeds itself.

The above scenarios are unique compared to the rest of industry, as company's usually rush to get the product to market and into the hands of customers, then perform fixes by way of updated parts, tweaks, etc. This is not a bash towards Steve, as we all know that he is very innovative, but rather a clearing of Hobbico's name from being viewed as the bad guy.
i would not point hobbico but associated....from what i heard they want hobbico to be there main distributor.. pusshing out all other brands.. all that is left is associated and mugen for "big" brands.. yes hobbico is to make money and dont blame them either.. both side "might/could/should" have done a better job slpitting up..

ones this is over ?
nope just the fuel is all i heard and that is 100% there fuel and naming rights.. just like the websites where.... do you really think steve would shut down a website if he owned it?? come on guys you are smarter than that... whould you shut down your own site?? nope i would not... if you ever went on the site you would have seen.. cramer was the administrator and did all the approvals.. make you wonder who owned it now!!!.. scott did a good job with team workings and is not to blame for anything.... when you are talking about millions of dollars and factorys you need all your ducks in a row before you take a step forward... let the 2 companies get there things in order and split and things will take off like cheetah... i wish i could give you a better answer but i cant.. jeremy
Old 03-18-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I feel confident in the brand I own, and very proud of it at the tracks I race at. And I feel good when others take peeks at what I drive and like what they see, expecially in the sea of other brands at the track.

I also like how others feel about the brand, and how loyal they are, kinda makes me more loyal myself. I have always stayed shy of the cookie cutter big business brand.....started out with a Race Prep Pro Radiant if that tells you anything, while all others were into Losi and AE, and enjoyed beating the pants of of em also...lol.

I was born a Chevy guy, worked on em since I was old enough to hold a wrench, and today proudly work on em for a living, and will be the only brand/company I want to work for. When GM went bankrupt, alot of customers freaked and even bailed to the other brands scared of what was to happen. I never faultered in my love for the brand. I see here a small handfull of loyal O Donnell fans, no matter the ups/downs, and that makes me glad to race what I do.

We spend out money on what we want, but a car is not just a car to me, it has history, backround, and the others that work to put it together, and that maked the car what it is.

I wish Steve the best, and look forward to what comes around the corner. Dont know the man but seeing the handfull of others that have his back, I am glad in the decision I have made.

A little long winded, but my 2 cents anyway.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

At the end of the day if you want to go then go and if you want to stay then stay(I know that sounds crappy)! Steve can't solve everyones problems/issues today nor can he make everyone happy, all he can do is do his best to get things taken care of as quickly as he can and I'm sure he is doing that. If he spent all his time on this site posting this and that we know one thing he would not be getting his business in order!

Are there a handful of other cars out there, sure there are but do the manufactures provide the support Steve does, from my experience not even close!!! Steve has done some very nice/generous things for me that are unheard of in any industry.

For me, my life does not revolve around 1/8 scale nitro buggies but it is a hobby I enjoy doing. I want a car that is well thought out, top notch build quality, durability, and great support! I have that with my Z01B SG. If it takes a few more months for things to get up and running with Steve Odonnell I'm okay with that, it is what it is; I will still be here and look forward to the great products Steve Odonnell creates!!!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dlawhorn
I feel confident in the brand I own, and very proud of it at the tracks I race at. And I feel good when others take peeks at what I drive and like what they see, expecially in the sea of other brands at the track.

I also like how others feel about the brand, and how loyal they are, kinda makes me more loyal myself. I have always stayed shy of the cookie cutter big business brand.....started out with a Race Prep Pro Radiant if that tells you anything, while all others were into Losi and AE, and enjoyed beating the pants of of em also...lol.

I was born a Chevy guy, worked on em since I was old enough to hold a wrench, and today proudly work on em for a living, and will be the only brand/company I want to work for. When GM went bankrupt, alot of customers freaked and even bailed to the other brands scared of what was to happen. I never faultered in my love for the brand. I see here a small handfull of loyal O Donnell fans, no matter the ups/downs, and that makes me glad to race what I do.

We spend out money on what we want, but a car is not just a car to me, it has history, backround, and the others that work to put it together, and that maked the car what it is.

I wish Steve the best, and look forward to what comes around the corner. Dont know the man but seeing the handfull of others that have his back, I am glad in the decision I have made.

A little long winded, but my 2 cents anyway.
Originally Posted by engr673
At the end of the day if you want to go then go and if you want to stay then stay(I know that sounds crappy)! Steve can't solve everyones problems/issues today nor can he make everyone happy, all he can do is do his best to get things taken care of as quickly as he can and I'm sure he is doing that. If he spent all his time on this site posting this and that we know one thing he would not be getting his business in order!

Are there a handful of other cars out there, sure there are but do the manufactures provide the support Steve does, from my experience not even close!!! Steve has done some very nice/generous things for me that are unheard of in any industry.

For me, my life does not revolve around 1/8 scale nitro buggies but it is a hobby I enjoy doing. I want a car that is well thought out, top notch build quality, durability, and great support! I have that with my Z01B SG. If it takes a few more months for things to get up and running with Steve Odonnell I'm okay with that, it is what it is; I will still be here and look forward to the great products Steve Odonnell creates!!!
Have to say....this is the best that I ever read on RC TECH...Thanks guy's
Old 03-20-2011, 05:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

amen

Old 03-20-2011, 08:54 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I hope when he is able that Steve follows the lead of JQ and how he is the forefront of his company! There isn't a single one of us in this hobby that doesn't like getting info and statements from the man himself, or respect that man more for pointing out problems and then fixing them! I decided to get clear of the unfortunate mess for now until it straightens out, and don't blame anyone else who has themselves. There are way too many good products available out there for anyone to let this situation affect their racing due to availability, unless you just want too that is. I for one am anxious to see what happens and what new products come about, and would not hesitate a second to get another OD vehicle if I like what I see.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

So Steve O'Donnell doesn't own the "fuel" portion of the company? Hobbico does? Huh? I'd like to know more about the details of this split.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
So Steve O'Donnell doesn't own the "fuel" portion of the company? Hobbico does? Huh? I'd like to know more about the details of this split.
yes hobbico owns the rights to the fuel... as more details come they will be mentioned.. thank you
Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ntrain42
Hobbico has owned the fuel 100% for several years now. That portion of the O'Donnell brand is unaffected by the separation.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.