Wiki Posts
Search

MBX5-T Understeer help

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default MBX5-T Understeer help

My Mugen truggy has understeer in center and coming off turns. This is an oval track that is smooth, hard packed clay that is dusty. I'm running 5-5-2 (F-C-R). I hadn't had the it that long and was hoping a more experienced Mugen person had an idea so I don't chase it around. I decreased the wing angle and helped a little. The setup is close to right on so the problem has to be diff oil as all else is close to being right on. Any suggestions?
Old 03-14-2011, 05:25 PM
Tech Initiate

i run the same truck i use 5 7 3 and 40 weight in the front and 35 in the rear still under steers a little but put a little more brake to the rear and pitch it a little
Old 03-14-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ncpene
i run the same truck i use 5 7 3 and 40 weight in the front and 35 in the rear still under steers a little but put a little more brake to the rear and pitch it a little
Yeah, I'm definitely going to change the diff oil. Not too much and probably close to what you have. This truck came with 1/2 offset wheels and is what I've been using the little time I've had the truck. Is it necessary to use the extensions if I buy the zero offset wheels? I'm about to order wheels/tires now. It seems the truck is a little too wide and may be contributing to the push in turns. It doesn't look like zero offset would rub anything without the extensions. I'm completely new to the offset on these.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:07 AM
Tech Adept

Try the 2.3 sway up front and if you havent already on the fronthubs where the pivot balls sits you can take a dremel to the plastic hub and remove a little more material to give you more steering. I used to run 7-10-3 for diff oils and my truck was pretty dialed along with a BCE chassis.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

You're diffs are too loose. Try 10-10-5 or something.