R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Eight-T 2.0 RTR VS Eight 2.0 RTR (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/491670-eight-t-2-0-rtr-vs-eight-2-0-rtr.html)

Maxthepersonz 03-13-2011 07:06 AM

Eight-T 2.0 RTR VS Eight 2.0 RTR

I am not stupid I know the clear differences between the two. How ever, it appears that quite a few more people own the truggy version and not a lot have the buggy version. Horizon has also removed the video review of the buggy... WHY? Is there issues with the buggy version. and both of the trucks are basicly the race roller minus the chassis, shock towers, and shock caps... Right? Thanks to everyone.
-Max

TRUH1N1420 03-13-2011 10:36 AM

I owned both. I didn't like the 8IGHT B 2.0 at all. Just don't fit my driving style. Love my 8IGHT T 2.0 seems like when I go around the track that truck just glades around turns I just like that truck more.

neobart 03-13-2011 11:06 AM

Buggys take more finesse to get round a track fast. The truggy has more appeal to bashers and the occasional racer.

T. Herwig 03-13-2011 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by neobart (Post 8793988)
Buggys take more finesse to get round a track fast. The truggy has more appeal to bashers and the occasional racer.

+1

tc5 man 03-13-2011 02:22 PM

i, never driven the "2.0 buggy" but i did drive the '1.0 eight buggy' with the roller chassis on it and its not the easyiest thing to drive at least on a rough track it seems even with tuning it .

now i never tried it with the flex chassis so maybe you can drive it harder.

but when i driven it on a smoother offroad track there not rear end fishtaily.

acutally heavyer buggys you can drive that pretty hard and not so finess.

everybody has diffrent driving styles to meet thier match.

Maxthepersonz 03-13-2011 03:07 PM

Okay I see... Does anyone know if maybe the reason for the video being removed is because they will discontinue the buggy? Or maybe to promote that P.O.S. (IMO) 810 buggy. I am not at all a losi fan but I might get one of these to get a truck for this years off road season.

Truggy genially nicer than the buggy? for the RTRs

Maxthepersonz 03-13-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by neobart (Post 8793988)

Never will bash, just race. Leaning toward the Truggy model because a lot more people seem to own it on the forums and youtube and everywhere.

SC8E 03-13-2011 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz (Post 8794936)
Never will bash, just race. Leaning toward the Truggy model because a lot more people seem to own it on the forums and youtube and everywhere.

Racing something means getting a vehicle that people run locally and not on forums or youtube. Find out which racing class, buggy or truggy, is popular in your area and run that.

Maxthepersonz 03-13-2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by SC8E (Post 8795030)
Racing something means getting a vehicle that people run locally and not on forums or youtube. Find out which racing class, buggy or truggy, is popular in your area and run that.

Both are about equally popular... Multiple heats of each.
I still cant decide lol

tc5 man 03-13-2011 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Maxthepersonz (Post 8795092)
Both are about equally popular... Multiple heats of each.
I still cant decide lol

you will have more fun driving truggy than buggy take my word :D
you can drive that harder for sure more than buggy.

and truggy tires defietly last longer than buggy tires so get the 2.0 t rtr.

and not all truggys are easy to drive by the way there all diffrent.

inferno13 03-13-2011 05:19 PM

i have both 2.0 buggy and truggy, and both are a blast to run, for me the buggy is easier to run, does exactly what you want it to when you want it to, truggy tends to big alittle bulky on some tracks and is harder to run on the tight tracks, buggy you can run on small tracks and large tracks.

Maxthepersonz 03-13-2011 05:43 PM

Thanks to both of you. :nod:
Beter chances of me getting a buggy now. Been looking in to stuff a lot more. The buggy's look faster and more jumpy. Probably going with the buggy.

gotcha1st 03-13-2011 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by inferno13 (Post 8795495)
i have both 2.0 buggy and truggy, and both are a blast to run, for me the buggy is easier to run, does exactly what you want it to when you want it to, truggy tends to big alittle bulky on some tracks and is harder to run on the tight tracks, buggy you can run on small tracks and large tracks.

Im with inferno on this one.. Plus the buggy fits my driving style...

hdcruzer 03-13-2011 05:50 PM

This is just my opinion.... Dont buy an rtr. If your going to race buy the race version and add what you choose for servos etc. If you want to save some money,buy the hot bodies D8T and and add your own stuff. Ive run the losi for 3 series now and also thinkin about trying a hotbodies for the summer series. If your interesested in a totally rebuilt Losi 2.0 T let me know I might be selling mine. PM me and I can give you more info.....

Maxthepersonz 03-13-2011 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by hdcruzer (Post 8795635)
This is just my opinion.... Dont buy an rtr. If your going to race buy the race version and add what you choose for servos etc. If you want to save some money,buy the hot bodies D8T and and add your own stuff. Ive run the losi for 3 series now and also thinkin about trying a hotbodies for the summer series. If your interesested in a totally rebuilt Losi 2.0 T let me know I might be selling mine. PM me and I can give you more info.....

Not really interested, and not that into hotboddies.... There allright. Well I hate Losi the most LOL! I plan on swapping servos cause they are like trash I know that. You can race these rtrs no problem just stick on some alluminum shock caps.