Community
Wiki Posts
Search

nitro fuel in eye

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I can remember when I first started to race onroad before I went to offroad about 4 years back I had flooded my novarossi 353 and pulled out the plug and put it on the starter box to kick it over to clear the fuel but when i did I looked down over the engine and all the fuel just got me big time in the eyes and mouth, I was under a tap washing my face for about 30mins
Old 03-12-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i was testing a tank for leaks (with fuel in it ) and had a hose in my mouth and a hose plugged with my hand.

Well i took the line out from my mouth, not realizing there was still pressure in the tank, and got it my eyes, mouth, face, clothes. It was a mess.

Ive done the ole carb clean in the eyes.Thinking the nozzle is facing one way but is really looking right back at you.That hurts. Hurts more than nitro and gasoline.
Old 03-12-2011, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omarwashington
One of the reasons I wear my shades when running nitro
probably gonna do that when i race this summer
Old 03-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

how about fire has anyone had any experience with there buggy or truggy catching on fire when in the fuel pits
Old 03-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rider313
That's good. I have never had nitro fuel in my eye but I had a shot of carb cleaner in there and that was a b***h. Luckly my dad was in te shop with me so he could guide me to the bathroom in the house were his wife was so she could was it out. We did straight water and rotated eye drops for 15 min befor it didn't feel like sand paper. I still have perfect eye sight but I felt stupid cuz safety glasses were on the hanger right in front of my face. If my dad wasn't there idk what I would have done for I couldn't see a thing. Couldnt even open my other eye to see.

So I know your not going to were eye protection at the track or out in the field but if your wrenching on your bench and spraying cemicles please protect your eyes for if you can't see how can you do this great hobby.

yea i sprayed motor spray in my eye before burns like hell big time !
its worse than having fuel in your eye i know from exprience !

Last edited by tc5 man; 03-12-2011 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TraxxasPeter
i was starting my car and a bit of fuel came out of the carb. it was a sprits of it. i think some maybe a very very tiny bit got in my left eye. what should i do. i washed out my eye a bit but im not even sure its in my eye. this happened 20 min ago and i feel ok
Run around as fast as you can sooner or later you will run out of fuel.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

A good idea to study the MSDS (material safety data sheet) on nitromethane, methanol and oil so you know what to do in a emergency.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have had heaps of fuel in my eye - just washed with some water then got one of the eye wash thingys out of a first aid kit & used it too. It came good after a day.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I must be really weird. i got some in my eye and it really didnt do anything. no burning no weird feelings in my eye. so i just let it be i can still see perfectly outta that eye so, in my experience, its not gonna hurt you. I also grew up around cars and ive had almost every fluid that goes into your motor either in my eyes/mouth or ingested it, AND of course been covered in it. im alive somehow...