R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Help me please :(? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/491032-help-me-please.html)

markybhoy 03-11-2011 02:12 AM

Help me please :(?

Hi Guys! I dont know if this is the right place for this but if not, i'm sorry :( i have recently been givin an XTM XT2 that hasnt been started for a while & i cant seem to get it started. was wondering if anyone could help me out a little? thanks in advance :) MarkyBhoy!

dburt86 03-11-2011 02:16 AM

everytime i get a used RC i

Clean the tank
replace fuel lines
run NO fuel filter (for start up atleast)
Check for air leaks
Replace glow plug

And of course

Clean air filter.

Then set your carb to factory settings and out fresh fuel in it and go.

What motor and whats it doing?

markybhoy 03-11-2011 02:38 AM

Thanks for the quick reply :D
just cleaned the tank & the airfilter, reset the carb.
i wish i could say i knew how to check for air leaks :(! and what is the fuel filter & how do i remove it? sorry for bein so clueless haha but this is the first time ive ever owned a nitro rc car.

simptek 03-11-2011 03:09 AM

your fuel filter would be inline with you fuel supply line to the carb. You may not have one.

markybhoy 03-11-2011 03:11 AM

Oh right thanks, I dont have one

dburt86 03-11-2011 04:01 AM

try what you did first.

If it doesnt idle steady or it gets real hot then look for air leaks.

Jaz240 03-11-2011 11:14 AM

You should take it to someone with expierience or send the engine out for an inspection. Chances are the engine is full if rust and the bearings are shot and there is no compression. Regardless of what you do with the carb or the fuel line the engine may never start. Before you spend a penny or do any work on anything you should get your engine inspected.

kaptain crash 03-11-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by markybhoy (Post 8783732)
Hi Guys! I dont know if this is the right place for this but if not, i'm sorry :( i have recently been givin an XTM XT2 that hasnt been started for a while & i cant seem to get it started. was wondering if anyone could help me out a little? thanks in advance :) MarkyBhoy!

Try this to get it ...started... pull glow plug and see if it is getting bright orange, while glow plugs out, put your finger over the end of the pipe and turn motor with air filter off. You should see fuel spitting up from the carb.
If so...it should fire, to keep it running is a whole different story.

markybhoy 03-11-2011 10:33 PM

Keeping it running is the problem! I managed to get little sputters of life from the engine but no more than that :(

Jaz240 03-12-2011 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jaz240 (Post 8785593)
You should take it to someone with experience or send the engine out for an inspection. Chances are the engine is full if rust and the bearings are shot and there is no compression. Regardless of what you do with the carb or the fuel line the engine may never start. Before you spend a penny or do any work on anything you should get your engine inspected.

Re-read this. Regardless of what people are telling you to get your engine fired, and engine that is shot to hell will not fire or run. Look on U tube for a video on how to take apart your engine. Once you take it apart and see all the rust, you will know why it wont fire. Engines cannot just sit on a shelf for months after running and be "OK"

hambone 03-12-2011 08:15 AM

Carb should be taken apart and sprayed with electronic cleaner. Castor will have it all gummed up from sitting.