Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
whats the fastes best truck to get? >

whats the fastes best truck to get?

whats the fastes best truck to get?

Old 03-10-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Default whats the fastes best truck to get?

I want to buy a nirto rc truck. whats the best of the best of the best. sir?

IM a dyslesic engineer, i learn fast. what can i get for $200 or less. looking for a hadcore offroader
Old 03-10-2011, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stanman

IM a dyslesic engineer, i learn fast. what can i get for $200 or less. looking for a hadcore offroader
If you tripled that $200, you'd be in the ballpark for a top drawer kit. Add electronics and engine and you can see that perhaps your goal is a bit unrealistic.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroexpress
If you tripled that $200, you'd be in the ballpark for a top drawer kit. Add electronics and engine and you can see that perhaps your goal is a bit unrealistic.
Agreed for 200 bucks you can get a 1/10 rtr electric that is decent and then you still gotta buy batteries and a charger. For a top of the line nitro your gonna drop a grand easy if your having to buy everything new.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Initiate

no i think your just dumb lol whats the best thing i can get for $200 then?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

imma go used. the new stuff is to over priced for what the are
Old 03-10-2011, 11:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Welcome to the forum ! good luck getting any help with that attitude
Old 03-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

No I don't think he is your post is bit misleading. Glad to have you in the hobby and interested but not a good way to start making friends. Any one on here will help you in anyway they can but being a smarta$$ isn't a good way to start off. Not trying to bash you man just trying to help. What are you interested in a Nitro car or Electric.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

If you actually were an engineer you wouldn't have a kids budget of $200. Engineers get paid very good salaries. A good nitro rc truck will cost you twice to triple what your asking for.

This kid is most likely a HS drop out troll.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hasn't there been a forum created titled "The Best..." where these threads are? If not, moderators take note...there should be. One of these threads seems like it's started everyday.

To the OP, if you are an engineer like myself, then you will certainly appreciate that for $200, you're not going to get anything worth having in nitro 1/8 scale. Even if you did find something used in that price range, you're going to spend twice to three times that number at least in components to get it worthy of being bashed or raced. If racing is the goal, plan to spend a grand at least before you even hit the track.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

hahahahhaha

You may get a used traxxas, But nothing like your describing for that price. Maybe a used SC truck?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by backinblck
No I don't think he is your post is bit misleading. Glad to have you in the hobby and interested but not a good way to start making friends. Any one on here will help you in anyway they can but being a smarta$$ isn't a good way to start off. Not trying to bash you man just trying to help. What are you interested in a Nitro car or Electric.
Sorry, i have angermanagment issues. my theropist said its from being abused from my alcoholic father when i was a kid.

I really hate being disrespected. it kinda throws me over the edge because i always try to be as nice as i can to ppl. and thats how i want to be treated or my feelings get butt-hurt and it makes me edgy. I feel like I have been disrespected my whole life. so when i get disrespected theres only so much i can take
Old 03-10-2011, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I will sell ya a Slash 4x4 roller for $200.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Initiate

i want for offroad. no racing but i like wheelis.

would a traxxas be ok to get? i dont know what cars are out there and why some are better then the others with the same engines lol?
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry, i have angermanagment issues. my theropist said its from being abused from my alcoholic father when i was a kid.

I really hate being disrespected. it kinda throws me over the edge because i always try to be as nice as i can to ppl. and thats how i want to be treated or my feelings get butt-hurt and it makes me edgy. I feel like I have been disrespected my whole life. so when i get disrespected theres only so much i can take
I know what ya mean bro but he wasn't being disrespectful. Now if he had of said "you must be and idiot or something for thinking you can get the best for $200" then yes you got the right to be butt-hurt. but in this case no. But in all seriousness if you want to be inthe hobby and only have a buget of $200 to start you aren't going to be able to get a nitro unless you buy and exceedrc and they are crap. so you would reall be wasting your money. Just save up a bit till you have a 500-600 dollar buget and you can start buying some good used stuff off of here or buy a new D8T from hotbodies. its only 329 and then you buy your engine, pipe, radio gear and have at it. It is one of the best deals right now in 1/8 offroad.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Adept

i want for offroad. no racing but i like wheelis.

would a traxxas be ok to get? i dont know what cars are out there and why some are better then the others with the same engines lol?
Ok you want something that will do wheelies, be fast and you can beat around in you back yard and out infront of your house. Buy that guys slash 4x4. Tough truck, very tough, and parts are cheap and it has all the power you'll ever need with that brushless setup.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.