R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-11-2011, 05:24 AM   #61
Tech Initiate

Okay, I'll stick to one tire. I was looking at the Bulldog body and Punisher body and I was just curious as to which one produces cooler engine temps. Also, does putting the Illuzion wing or Proline High Downforce wing make any difference compared to the stock wings that come with the buggy?
BAZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 05:52 AM   #62
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Depending on which buggy you purchased would be the deciding factor on the hop-ups.
I would honestly stick with stock for now and learn it. Pay attention to what others at the track run and ask around for what tire choice would suit your track condition best. Save a little money for a rainy day as you never know what you may need in the future of racing.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:48 AM   #63
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZINGA View Post
Okay, I'll stick to one tire. I was looking at the Bulldog body and Punisher body and I was just curious as to which one produces cooler engine temps. Also, does putting the Illuzion wing or Proline High Downforce wing make any difference compared to the stock wings that come with the buggy?
Again, Id stick with the stock bodies for now. Get some HOURS on your ride bro! If I were you I'd concentrate on doing research and picking out your other gear first. Grab yourself one set of tires(or 2)to start out with, pick up a good tx/rx combo and an engine(Look at the Werks B6 )a good starter box(OFNA blue box seems to be the unanimous choice)and a pair of good servos and go from there. Hop up parts, bodies,wings etc should wait until you get the basics and have some hours on your buggy. Trust me. Im sure everyone here will agree with me.

PS: You can tell us what buggy you got too. No hardcore racer here is gonna bitch just because you got somethin they didnt recommend. Like I stated before, ALL of these buggies can easily hit the winners circle, what really matters is driver skill and setup. Thats what really makes the grade.
ntrain42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:37 AM   #64
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrain42 View Post
Again, Id stick with the stock bodies for now. Get some HOURS on your ride bro! If I were you I'd concentrate on doing research and picking out your other gear first. Grab yourself one set of tires(or 2)to start out with, pick up a good tx/rx combo and an engine(Look at the Werks B6 )a good starter box(OFNA blue box seems to be the unanimous choice)and a pair of good servos and go from there. Hop up parts, bodies,wings etc should wait until you get the basics and have some hours on your buggy. Trust me. Im sure everyone here will agree with me.

PS: You can tell us what buggy you got too. No hardcore racer here is gonna bitch just because you got somethin they didnt recommend. Like I stated before, ALL of these buggies can easily hit the winners circle, what really matters is driver skill and setup. Thats what really makes the grade.
Okay, I got the RC8B.
BAZINGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:53 AM   #65
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAZINGA View Post
Okay, I got the RC8B.
If that was your pickup, your gonna love it. Thats one of the "big 3" around here. And if your operating on a "budget"(Like most of us in reality) you will find your dollar will stretch real far. Its a durable brute too, and its very easy to tune. You will love the fact that parts are EVERYWHERE as well and cheaper than the majority. AE has been the "gold standard" for 20 plus years. Things aren't gonna change anytime soon either.

The cool thing about the RC8, and Associated, is that things don't become outdated every year or 2. They focus on improving aspects of the car and doing revisions to specific parts that can potentially be improved upon, so if you have an older model, new parts from new revisions will allow you to update the car as you go. Its a good choice that won't be regretted. Cool thing too with the RC8, is you can convert it for relatively cheap money into an SC8 or RC8T if you ever get the itch.

Take the money saved and invest back into good servos and an engine.
ntrain42 is offline   Reply With Quote