R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-09-2011, 03:51 PM   #31
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Danny B

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-DUB View Post
i am talking with my insurance company now i think that my home owners is gonna cover it. it is just a bum deal to have it all gone.

thanks guys
I had the majority of my stuff stolen last summer out of my pit trailer. roughly $5500 worth of stuff. Our homeowners covered it and then they cancelled us! don't be suprised if that happens. I wish i could tell you that you will get your stuff back but it is highly unlikely. The insurance comp. even hired a PI to canvas the pawn shops and stuff, nothing ever turned up.

replacing the big ticket items isn't a big issue but you will find all the little things that are gone that you can remember right now is what really sucks. for example first race after my stuff was stolen. go to balance up a new set of tires, no balacer and no balancing putty. be as detailed as you can on stuff, but there will still be stuff you can remember till you need it...

I just hate people that steal, it's ridiculous. I don't even leave my Dart Case or pool cue in my truck overnight anymore.
Danny B R/C Products,
LRT Raceway, Evansdale, IA
Danny B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #32
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Quote:
This happened fri after work at my house I loaded up before work so I could get a few hrs of sleep. I woke up and it was a done deal.

I will post pics of my truggy it is the one in my avatar pic. Same body.

Yes I do have the transponder #s.

Thanks and I will get some pics.
As others have stated, insurance should take care of you. Just make sure you tell them EVERYTHING that was stolen.
Sucks bro!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:50 PM   #33
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

J-DUB dude i'm very sorry to hear this shit bro, i know everything you had and it was alot. I'll keep my eyes open.

I hope your homeowners will take care of ya...
JPC The Midwest Monster
RC-BATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:31 PM   #34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dam bro i hope you get your stuff back...Just sucks knowing that all the stuff you worked so hard to get someone is now getting for free...I hope you catch those punks....
mx51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:59 PM   #35
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I had my stuff stolen at Thunder Alley during one of the JBRL's I never saw that stuff again but my friend just found his stolen stuff on Craigs list so there is a chance, people are hard up for money. I hope you find your stuff man and I wish I could find the punks my self.
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:29 AM   #36
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
SO I HAVE BEEN TAKEN FOR ALL MY STUFF.

RACERS EDGE PIT BACK PACKED FULL OF MUGEN PARTS (6T)
MUGEN TOOLS,SNAP-0N TOOLS AND SO ON.
4PK RADIO AND CASE WITH EXTRA RECIEVER AND 2 TRANSPONDERS
11 SETS OF WHEELS AND TIRES 4 ENGINES
JUST TOO MUCH TO LIST. I AM STILL PISSED AND HAVNT EVEN REALLY TALKED TO ANYONE IM JUST MAD!

IT HAPPENED EARLY SAT MORNING BETWEEN 1:30 AND 5:30 AM.

THANKS JDUB
my friend post the transponder nr so if some one check it in a race club !!!!!
jokersat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:09 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokersat View Post
my friend post the transponder nr so if some one check it in a race club !!!!!

They are posted on page 1!
www.jcprcraceway.com
BSEITZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 06:22 AM   #38
Tech Regular

that really sucks. awhile back a few people stop by my house and my truggy and equipment were still out on the kitchen table b/c I was not expecting anybody to come by. There was a guy who said " isn't that stuff worth thousands. I now has never touched a r/c car in his life and knows nothing about them but he did know they are worth big bucks. After that night i became paranoid about keeping my equipment hidden.
nitrozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:57 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This seems to be going on more and more these days. I think I am going to get a nanny cam to hang on my tent. Will not stop them but atleast you will know who did it, well long as they don't steel the nanny cam as well LOL

Sorry about your stuff hope you get it back.
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 01:49 PM   #40
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo_sx8 View Post
This seems to be going on more and more these days. I think I am going to get a nanny cam to hang on my tent. Will not stop them but atleast you will know who did it, well long as they don't steel the nanny cam as well LOL

Sorry about your stuff hope you get it back.
Good luck getting your stuff back J-Dub!!!

Nanny cam in the pits would be awesome!!! I use a Doberman tied up in my pit to keep people out when I am racing, pitting, or marshaling.
Chris Peralta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 02:13 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Peralta View Post
Good luck getting your stuff back J-Dub!!!

Nanny cam in the pits would be awesome!!! I use a Doberman tied up in my pit to keep people out when I am racing, pitting, or marshaling.
hahaha that would be awesome!!!
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #42
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggo_sx8 View Post
I think I am going to get a nanny cam to hang on my tent.
I was thinking about doing that as well after someone stole my V-Spec at hobby hut last year....then not even tell them and post it on youtube to embarrass and humiliate them.....hmmmm
Old 03-11-2011, 02:11 PM   #43
Tech Adept

Chances are if some of these guys on here know you personally then chances are that one of them is your culprit. You figure they came on your property and stole only that stuff specifically nothing else. They knew the lay of the land well enough and exactly where you kept it....awh yeah you have for sure spoken to the thief on here he has probably sent you a "i'm sorry about your stuff bro" message. piece of crap i would say. i believe in non death violence i would spank that a_ _ when i caught him just because he was brave enough to talk to you and make an ass of you on here. i know i will catch grief on here for saying that but just suppose he caught them in the act and he would be force to defend his self.....or this guys family member could have caught him and they risk injury. for sure beat his _ _ _!!! and then call the police!
bigmane42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:06 AM   #44
Tech Addict

I want to say thanks for all the nice stuff! JK And I'll have to stop by to get that bag from you some time and sell you some bearings for Tommy!
TimMo846 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 12:45 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmane42 View Post
Chances are if some of these guys on here know you personally then chances are that one of them is your culprit. You figure they came on your property and stole only that stuff specifically nothing else. They knew the lay of the land well enough and exactly where you kept it....awh yeah you have for sure spoken to the thief on here he has probably sent you a "i'm sorry about your stuff bro" message. piece of crap i would say. i believe in non death violence i would spank that a_ _ when i caught him just because he was brave enough to talk to you and make an ass of you on here. i know i will catch grief on here for saying that but just suppose he caught them in the act and he would be force to defend his self.....or this guys family member could have caught him and they risk injury. for sure beat his _ _ _!!! and then call the police!
sounds like you did it.

If i woke up and found my stuff gone i would F^%#ING die! I would have no choice but to darn near quit the hobby.

I live out in the country, so it's not uncommon for me to leave all my stuff packed in my truck till the next day after the race. Air compressor in the truck bed and everything. But i keep hearing this going on and i will do it no more.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote