Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Beginner in nitro what buggy should i get? >

Beginner in nitro what buggy should i get?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Beginner in nitro what buggy should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)
Post Beginner in nitro what buggy should i get?

Hello i been searching around to find a buggy that i can buy rtr with or withough controller anyone got any ideas for something not gonna break my bank.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Losi 8 2.0 RTR
Old 03-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgarrettp9
Hello i been searching around to find a buggy that i can buy rtr with or withough controller anyone got any ideas for something not gonna break my bank.
What are you looking to spend the losi rtr is the best bang for your buck rtr but they are other ones alot cheaper you can start with and up grade a little at a time you can go to amainhobbies.com and find alot of different ones to go with your price range.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What's your budget?

Planning to race, or just play around?

With RTR, it can often just be a matter of delayed spending, since some of the stock equipment (like servos) will need to be replaced sooner than later.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

im planning to race i already race in electric.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .rc_racer
Losi 8 2.0 RTR
+2.

As many threads on here have said, the servos are the weak point. But with all the stuff you get, can't beat it.

Last edited by 305M3; 03-05-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Well

Not much competition in the rtr market, so yes, the losi is the best rtr buggy, but that's not saying much... I'd get a d8 and a Nova .21bf, a real starter box that will last and an Airtronics radio...MX-3X. You will pay a little more but you won't end up replacing everything, and you will finish races, and your buggy will start before the race does....If you want to race, then get the inexpensive race stuff.

The d8 is what 300 bucks..

That's cheap..
Old 03-05-2011, 08:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Losi 8ight and Hot Bodies are both great cars. You can also have a look in the FOR SALE section; sometimes people quit the hobby and you can get a very good deal on a whole package. Just be sure to do your homework if you go with the latter option so that you don't end up with more grief than joy.
Old 03-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

im planning to race i already race in electric.
Is this Garrett Passmore..?? If so PM me & I can help you with this buddy.

Also we are practicing today after all from 12-5 at the Pit..

Kevin
Old 03-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captain america
What's your budget?

Planning to race, or just play around?

With RTR, it can often just be a matter of delayed spending, since some of the stock equipment (like servos) will need to be replaced sooner than later.
I agree, what exactly is your max budget? $300 could be "expensive" for one person, while another thinks $1000 is alot. Need specifics on what you can honestly spend.

If your budget is around $550-600, I agree that the Losi RTR 8ight 2.0 is the absolute best bang for the buck. Comes with a high quality roller, bump starter, Spektrum Radio and even a very respectable engine/pipe combo. What you get PER DOLLAR on that RTR combo honestly CANNOT be beat with whats currently out there on the market. But $550-600 may be out of your range, again specifics here would help.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

if you want a great deal, the Jammin x1x rtr is $300 at Amain which saves you some money to replace the rt servos and radio; just got one.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I would agree with most. The losi 2.0 rtr is by far the best bang for your buck. That is what I started off with at the beginning of the year. I kept the radio and telemetry stuff and sold the rest to buy my truggy.
I didn't like how twitchy it was for my skills so I went to truggy. But for what you get it will keep up with the race rollers. The engine is a lil powerhouse if you get the turbo head for it. As the rest said the servos are complete garbage. The steering crapped out after like 3 laps, then the throttle servo after a few more.
If you go this route make sure you set your end points and possibly reset the linkage.
My buddy still runs the rtr, and sold his 1.0 race roller he liked it so much.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cloud9graffix
I would agree with most. The losi 2.0 rtr is by far the best bang for your buck. That is what I started off with at the beginning of the year. I kept the radio and telemetry stuff and sold the rest to buy my truggy.
I didn't like how twitchy it was for my skills so I went to truggy. But for what you get it will keep up with the race rollers. The engine is a lil powerhouse if you get the turbo head for it. As the rest said the servos are complete garbage. The steering crapped out after like 3 laps, then the throttle servo after a few more.
If you go this route make sure you set your end points and possibly reset the linkage.
My buddy still runs the rtr, and sold his 1.0 race roller he liked it so much.
Losi 2.0 RTR . Plan on buying 2 servos and Al shock caps. With Batteries fuel and new servos you are looking @$1000
Old 03-06-2011, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

maybe...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-4WD-RTR-Buggy
Old 03-06-2011, 06:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Jammin or Losi. I started with a Jammin and loved that it was really durable and straightforward to work on. But you sure get alot of stuff in one box with the Losi and You are more likely to be able to "buddy up" with a few Losi drivers at the track... Might need a part or setup advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.